Salem's Switch V36 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Gameplay Discussion

Postby Seamus76 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Looking good. It's a little out of my realm as well, but I think it's would be fun to play.

I really like Andy's noose icon in the last post. Adding that will really bring the "Person Hung" into the theme, and make it more clear on the map what that is supposed to be.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Re: Salem's Switch [22.8.11] V10-P9 Gameplay Discussion

Postby cairnswk on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:13 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:...
I think the noose icon is on the right track, though probably not this iteration. It kind of looks like an upside down keyhole or something. I'm also not sure about the use of white for the icon, since it makes it blend in unassumingly.

But something like this might be a good step: Image

You're right of course. i'll adjust the image and try to find a more appropriate colour.

In regards to the top purple text, is that font bold? I wonder if it'd look better without the bold if it is, or a font with a little less bold.

no it wasn't bold, but in my vector Coreldraw, which this map is being done with, the font has a fill and outline, and the outline is turned on. So all it needs is the outline turned off and then i upscaled the font by .1 pt.

The legend on the right also has some chore to reading it. The gray on dark isn't too bad, but the red is a little so.
--Andy

Mmmm, i thought the moss green (landowners) would have been difficult to read. But i will see about doing something with both in next version.
Thanks Andy.

Seamus76 wrote:Looking good. It's a little out of my realm as well, but I think it's would be fun to play.

I really like Andy's noose icon in the last post. Adding that will really bring the "Person Hung" into the theme, and make it more clear on the map what that is supposed to be.

Thanks Seamus76. Surely you jest about it being out of your league when you produce a map like Tribal War Florida. Anyways, the noose icon will be altered. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fence Impassables

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:35 am

Next Question....
Where should the fence impassables go i.e. between landowners? On which boundary lines?
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks Seamus76. Surely you jest about it being out of your league when you produce a map like Tribal War Florida. Anyways, the noose icon will be altered.

Fake it till you make it right, isn't that what they say? :lol:

The more I look at this map, the more I really like the game play, especially the road impassables. Thinking about fence impassables just blew my mind, in a good way. I think that would add an even greater level of strategy, especially adding them in between the landowners. There would be one area that might get a little tight, where Dr W Grigg is located. The whole area is landowners, and if there were impassables around each, if that does come to pass, then it looks like a couple of them might be trapped, no?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby ender516 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 pm

I am fairly sure that cairnswk was not proposing fences for every landowner boundary. The question would seem to be where.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Well that would make a whole lot more sense, my bad.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby gimil on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi cairns,

I am not really digging the image of the eyes. Your whole map is of flat solid colours but the eyes, well they are full of depth and shadows and really don't fit the rest of your map. Not sure of what a possible solution is but I am sure you can work something out ;)


Gimil
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Seamus76 wrote:...
Fake it till you make it right, isn't that what they say? :lol:

The more I look at this map, the more I really like the game play, especially the road impassables. Thinking about fence impassables just blew my mind, in a good way. I think that would add an even greater level of strategy, especially adding them in between the landowners. There would be one area that might get a little tight, where Dr W Grigg is located. The whole area is landowners, and if there were impassables around each, if that does come to pass, then it looks like a couple of them might be trapped, no?

Thanks Seamus76 for thinking about the fences.
Yes we can't have landowners trapped of course. I think a fence between Blake and Trask, then running along the top of Doidge Grists mills to the river.
Looking at the Barney and Creasy, do you think another Buggy Stop would be appropriate 'tween those two?
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:59 pm

ender516 wrote:...The question would seem to be where.

Correct? Thanks ender516
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:00 pm

gimil wrote:Hi cairns,

I am not really digging the image of the eyes. Your whole map is of flat solid colours but the eyes, well they are full of depth and shadows and really don't fit the rest of your map. Not sure of what a possible solution is but I am sure you can work something out ;)


Gimil

Thanks gimil for popping in.
Can i put this one on the back burner until graphics. That way there is plenty of time to think of a solution.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [25.8.11] V11-P10 Fences?

Postby gimil on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:02 pm

cairnswk wrote:
gimil wrote:Hi cairns,

I am not really digging the image of the eyes. Your whole map is of flat solid colours but the eyes, well they are full of depth and shadows and really don't fit the rest of your map. Not sure of what a possible solution is but I am sure you can work something out ;)


Gimil

Thanks gimil for popping in.
Can i put this one on the back burner until graphics. That way there is plenty of time to think of a solution.


No problem cairns :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Version 12 - Proposed Fences (thick pink lines)
Changes.
1. the hangmans noose are being worked on but are at least thinker and more distinguishable at this point
2. there is new graphics instead of words for allowable assaults bottom left
3. new proposed fences which will be impassable, combined with roads will almost force everyone to use the buggy stops.

Questions:
a. too many fences?
b. is there somewhere missed that can be included as a fence?
3. does the map need another buggy stop outside Creasy and Jacob Barney and Dodge Grists Mill?


Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Nah, I don't think you need another buggy stop. Fences, I think you have enough to make it pretty interesting. I LOL'd when i saw this:
Image

What! You could think of a better name than this!? :lol:
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3964
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:29 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Nah, I don't think you need another buggy stop. Fences, I think you have enough to make it pretty interesting. I LOL'd when i saw this:
Image

What! You could think of a better name than this!? :lol:

Thanks for your input isaiah40.
Well, as you know a couple of my maps have CCers on them, I thought natty's name fitted with the theme of other names for the period. Although i could place Isaiah Dread on there, that would be more fitting even :lol: :lol:
no offence meant ;)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 pm

cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:Nah, I don't think you need another buggy stop. Fences, I think you have enough to make it pretty interesting. I LOL'd when i saw this:
Image

What! You could think of a better name than this!? :lol:

Thanks for your input isaiah40.
Well, as you know a couple of my maps have CCers on them, I thought natty's name fitted with the theme of other names for the period. Although i could place Isaiah Dread on there, that would be more fitting even :lol: :lol:
no offence meant ;)


None taken! ;)
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3964
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:31 am

Actually, Isaiah Currington could be a legit Salem-esque name. Just sayin'.

As for the actual map, please a different thingy other than solid red. You've got enough fences and they do break up the map well, but the red reminds me of my first version of The Citadel (used the exact same shade, no joke). And we know how good THAT was...

On the buggy roads and travel legend element, I was disappointed to find out that the mentioned B13 and B14 don't correspond at all to the ones on the map. B6 and B7 roughly match the size and orientation of the legend element, so perhaps you could do some copy/paste magic on that. That way, people could actually FIND what you're talking about.

And typo-patrol!:
- You've got several "accussed" and "accusser." One "s" please.
- The top left should state "either Town Meeting Hall."

Finally, the bonus numbers in dark red on the right don't match up that well with what they're attached to. This is most obvious with the Reverend + 6 landowner bonus.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby MarshalNey on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:51 am

This is a map whose gameplay I keep wanting to comment about, but every update just keeps going in the right direction so I hold my tongue. Letting you know that I'm following the map's progress and it looks good. I was really tickled to see this one back :)

A few clerical typos/grammar-

Under the heading of Gossip, the legend states:
"...Hold either Town Meeting Halls plus..." (italics added)
Need to correct that to make Hall singular, and to conform to the map names it should say Meeting House, as in "...Hold either Meeting House plus.."

The 's's are doubled in the words "accused" and "accuser" in the listed bonuses above and below the Judges bonus.

As for clarity, it would be nice to have some sort of icon/standout color for the Meeting Houses- it's really the only thing I had trouble finding (specifically the T.M.H., the other one already has an icon!).

-- Marshal Ney

Edit: whoops, looks like I got fastposted by Tack. Sorry for the repeat advice.
User avatar
Captain MarshalNey
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:00 am

It must be witchcraft that MarshalNey tried to post right behind me the same things. Hang him!
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby bob3603 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 am

Good idea for a map. Giles Corey was pressed to death though, not hung. He refused to plead, so that his estate would still be passed to his family instead of seized by the government. His last words were "more weight", clearly indicating that the massive size of his balls would put most blue whales to shame. Clearly you should get a major bonus just for holding him.
Colonel bob3603
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby natty dread on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, my internet connection has been such utter crap that I haven't been able to do much anything...

The nooses: I like the design but I don't quite like the pink colour... makes them look toy-esque. I'd suggest a darker colour, maybe a desaturated dark brown...

Fences: Hm, maybe a tad too many of them, takes the map too much on the bottlenecked side IMO... I'd say you could cut them down at least on places like Southwick/Stone, Alice Shaflin/Osbourne, Lot Conant/Henry Herrick... where they don't really seem to bring anything more to the gameplay. Try avoiding dead ends.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:36 pm

TaCktiX wrote:Actually, Isaiah Currington could be a legit Salem-esque name. Just sayin'.

As for the actual map, please a different thingy other than solid red. You've got enough fences and they do break up the map well, but the red reminds me of my first version of The Citadel (used the exact same shade, no joke). And we know how good THAT was...

On the buggy roads and travel legend element, I was disappointed to find out that the mentioned B13 and B14 don't correspond at all to the ones on the map. B6 and B7 roughly match the size and orientation of the legend element, so perhaps you could do some copy/paste magic on that. That way, people could actually FIND what you're talking about.

And typo-patrol!:
- You've got several "accussed" and "accusser." One "s" please.
- The top left should state "either Town Meeting Hall."

Finally, the bonus numbers in dark red on the right don't match up that well with what they're attached to. This is most obvious with the Reverend + 6 landowner bonus.


MarshalNey wrote:This is a map whose gameplay I keep wanting to comment about, but every update just keeps going in the right direction so I hold my tongue. Letting you know that I'm following the map's progress and it looks good. I was really tickled to see this one back :)

A few clerical typos/grammar-

Under the heading of Gossip, the legend states:
"...Hold either Town Meeting Halls plus..." (italics added)
Need to correct that to make Hall singular, and to conform to the map names it should say Meeting House, as in "...Hold either Meeting House plus.."

The 's's are doubled in the words "accused" and "accuser" in the listed bonuses above and below the Judges bonus.

As for clarity, it would be nice to have some sort of icon/standout color for the Meeting Houses- it's really the only thing I had trouble finding (specifically the T.M.H., the other one already has an icon!).

-- Marshal Ney

Edit: whoops, looks like I got fastposted by Tack. Sorry for the repeat advice.



Wow, that is magic, two commentiong about almost the very same things at the same time.
I'll fiex everything above next version, guys. thanks for those ont eh table. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:09 pm

bob3603 wrote:Good idea for a map.

Thanks bob3603...and for commenting !
Giles Corey was pressed to death though, not hung. He refused to plead, so that his estate would still be passed to his family instead of seized by the government. His last words were "more weight", clearly indicating that the massive size of his balls would put most blue whales to shame. Clearly you should get a major bonus just for holding him.

Giles has been removed from the hung list, but replaced Susannah Martin and Sarah Good after re-checking.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [27.8.11] V12-P11 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 pm

natty_dread wrote:Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, my internet connection has been such utter crap that I haven't been able to do much anything...
Glad you're back...

The nooses: I like the design but I don't quite like the pink colour... makes them look toy-esque. I'd suggest a darker colour, maybe a desaturated dark brown...

I've tried the browns and they don't work on either the dark blue or the purple. Currently i've got sky blue wth black border vector graphics and that doesn't look mtoo bad.

Fences: Hm, maybe a tad too many of them, takes the map too much on the bottlenecked side IMO... I'd say you could cut them down at least on places like Southwick/Stone, Alice Shaflin/Osbourne, Lot Conant/Henry Herrick... where they don't really seem to bring anything more to the gameplay. Try avoiding dead ends.

Done next version...
Thanks Natty.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [29.8.11] V13-P11 Fences?

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Version 13 Small
Some aspect from concerns above have been addressed in this version, but this is mainly too determine the fence drawings without going too much further as there is quite a bit of vector work in these.

Question: Are the fences: adequate - too small - too black - wrong colour - undistringuishable - other?

Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Salem's Switch [29.8.11] V13-P12 Fences?

Postby TaCktiX on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:11 pm

I think black is the wrong color, or the vector is a bad one, because they don't look like fences at all. They look like boxes connected by lines, like some reject border style from Microsoft Word. I don't think that's your intent.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login