Nobodies availabilty will be lower than usual

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nobodies availabilty will be lower than usual

Postby natty dread on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:34 am

Try the 6 day week.

You sleep 6 times a week, so that you have 6 days, with 28 hours in each, in a week.

6 * 28 = 168
7 * 24 = 168
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby TaCktiX on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 am

That schedule has been shown by studies to drive anyone attempting it for more than a couple weeks absolutely nuts.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Postby ender516 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm

You don't have to be crazy to be on Team CC, but it helps!
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Telvannia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:25 am

I had a mate who tried changing his sleep pattern to 6 half hour naps, i was tempted to try but sadly does not really work when you have to turn up to work everyday slightly awake.
Maybe when i start besieged i will try changing my sleep pattern, then i can map make twice as fast...
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 am

Telvannia wrote:I had a mate who tried changing his sleep pattern to 6 half hour naps, i was tempted to try but sadly does not really work when you have to turn up to work everyday slightly awake.
Maybe when i start besieged i will try changing my sleep pattern, then i can map make twice as fast...

You need at the bare minimum 45 minutes of sleep to benefit from R.E.M sleep (the type of sleep that actually refreshes your brain). So half hour naps are no good at all :lol:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 am

actually gimil, you can train your brain into going straight to rem sleep by power napping 10 minutes at a time. it's really really hard at first but after a while when you fall asleep the brain knows it's not going to last so you go straight to rem.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:57 am

DiM wrote:actually gimil, you can train your brain into going straight to rem sleep by power napping 10 minutes at a time. it's really really hard at first but after a while when you fall asleep the brain knows it's not going to last so you go straight to rem.

Yes, but is that worth it? Even for CC? :P
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:02 am

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:actually gimil, you can train your brain into going straight to rem sleep by power napping 10 minutes at a time. it's really really hard at first but after a while when you fall asleep the brain knows it's not going to last so you go straight to rem.

of course it is. nothing is more important than CC :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Telvannia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:45 am

gimil wrote:

Definitely worth it to get maps made quickly, gives you about 5 hours more time awake a day. about an extra 30% of map making time. Think how many maps cairnswk could have made... :shock:

It does take atleast 2 weeks to get used to a new sleep pattern, hence why it is really bad doing it while at work...
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions