Conquer Club

Game Finder Addition: Win / Loss Box

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Game Finder Suggestion

Postby glide on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:26 pm

In the game finder page......adding a "Won - Lost" option AND most importantly, adding a total at the end of each query.....e.g., I look up 4 person, finished games including myself, singles, private and get say 5 pages of completed games...a total at the end would be great to bypass the counting......all this is in efforts of calculating win / lost percentages that are more meaningful then the blended total we have now.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Sergeant glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby sfhbballnut on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:49 pm

I believe we have a more indepth player stats system coming that would make this useless for the purposes you describe, but it might still be useful
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby misterman10 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:52 pm

its been suggested once, not sure how that went though
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby wicked on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:59 pm

do you really want to know how much I've beat you? :lol:
Major wicked

Postby misterman10 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:01 pm

wicked wrote:do you really want to know how much I've beat you? :lol:

now wicked, is that a constructive criticism. I would like you to apologize and try to help this suggestion out instead of making these comments

:lol: :lol: :lol:
your welcome sam levi
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Add "Won By" to Game Finder Page and a count to Re

Postby Aerial Attack on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:43 am

no longer relevant
Last edited by Aerial Attack on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Re: Add "Won By" to Game Finder Page and a count t

Postby Aerial Attack on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:43 am

<Concise Idea>: return total count in Game Finder results screen and player finish position in Game Finder results screen

<Body>:
I believe that a combination of the suggestion in the Original Post and DiM's suggestion would help Tournament Organizers (TOs) vastly.

On the Game Finder results screen - either in the table header or table footer (by page number counts) - add in the Count of Games found

On the Game Finder resutls screen - for each player, return their elimination position (1st eliminated would be n - 0, where n is the number of players). I am guessing that it's fairly easy to return who won [just see who got points/lost points]. But I don't know if the database keeps elimination order. If this has to process the log files for each game, then it's probably not worth the server time.

<Priority>: 2 (1 being least pressing and 5 being urgent)

Tieryn wrote:Actually, in response to optimus's point, could that be changed? In the "game finder" list have it show a possible 6/5/4/3/2/1 place next to each players name in a finished game, that would stop us having to spend ages reading back through game logs. It would also make it easier for people to generate some personal stats - check all games, how many 1st, 2nds, 3rds etc. and perhaps in the case of team games, have the Team 1/2/3 just like in the game window, as part of the game finder window... (with still 6/5/4/1/1/1 maybe for when one triples team wins with no losses, or 6/5/4/3/1/1 if there was a loss on the team)

Just a few ideas that flowed from one to the next... Food for thought!

Based on Tieryn's feedback, I am changing my previous request (above).
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Add won/lost to Game Finder choices

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 am

Concise description:
Add a choice for game won/ lost to Game Finder choices.

Specifics:
After each player name, put a check off for "won game" and "lost game". You could then search for any game one player won/lost, all games both players won/lost

OR you could just put these check next to the finished/waiting/active game line ... and then the search would be for any game that either player listed in the "search for player" section had won/lost.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
Sometimes I just want to see the games that I or someone else has won. This is maybe more true with medals, but there are other reasons besides medals to want this. Maybe I just want to see someone's winning strategies on a map. Or, maybe I just want to see which of several players have beaten me, etc.

My preferance would be to have it after each player. That way, I could just look for the games I played against xyz where I won OR just those xyz won Or even, games that xyz won and I lost (that is, games that xyz won AND games that we both played and lost). However, this would add 2 more lines to the Game Search page.

Putting it up next to the finished, waiting, etc. games at the top would save space, and would still be a lot better than just asking for finished games.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Add won/lost to Game Finder choices

Postby DarthCheney on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:56 pm

i agree but i'd like to see where i am in regards to getting my next medal without having to do the math. you know just like a button that allows you to easily search the game finder in relation the required games for which ever medal in question...

i know this is lame of me to care about medals or points, but am i not already lame for playing board games online? haha

i like your idea
Yes, it's not enough to have more money than GOD....uhm ME....uhm, uhm....
Sergeant 1st Class DarthCheney

Re: Add won/lost to Game Finder choices

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:05 pm

DarthCheney wrote:i agree but i'd like to see where i am in regards to getting my next medal without having to do the math. you know just like a button that allows you to easily search the game finder in relation the required games for which ever medal in question...

i know this is lame of me to care about medals or points, but am i not already lame for playing board games online? haha

i like your idea

You can get medal counts on the game finder by using a script called Map Rank.
Click on the appropriate link below for details and installation instructions.

Map Rank for Firefox

Map Rank for Internet Explorer
Captain chipv

Finished Games List: Won Checkbox

Postby Fireside Poet on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:45 am

Concise description:
  • A checkbox next to the "Finished" box or next to the name field in the Game Finder to list games "Won" against the criteria checked. List the finished games your name isn't crossed off on. ;)

Specifics:
  • See Concise description

• Large tournament directors wanting quick access to winners of games.
  • Quick analysis on rivalries between opponents.
  • Something else really cool that I'm not thinking of.
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Search Finished won or lost games

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Concise description:
Let people search for only games won or only games lost.

Specifics:
In Game finder, add a "won" or "lost" selection to finished games.

This is something map rank does, but that is very difficult without that add-on. Having it right in game finder would make it easier on those without maprank.

I don't believe it would be a major coding fix, but it would give a lot of information.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Finished Games List: Won Checkbox

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Support Support Support, disappointing that nobody responded to this but I agree. This sort of thing would be great. Especially for tournaments as highlighted.

I'm guessing there's probably a plug-in for it somewhere already though
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Finding Won Games

Postby Sparrowhawk#1 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Sometimes I get really annoyed when I look through my games to find the number I've won while trying to block out the games I've lost. I think that there should be a button on 'Game Finder' where you can choose to find the games a certain player has won on a certain setting or map. It would be easier to keep track on how close you are to getting a medal too.
Lieutenant Sparrowhawk#1

Re: Finding Won Games

Postby sniffie on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:58 am

For keeping track of your won games you can install CC Map rank, found here: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=527&t=100479, you might need to install Mozilla Firefox and Greasemonkey to make it work.

The other part of you idea is quite nice, but I believe it has been suggested before but I can't tell you what has happened with the suggestion, I think it was submitted, maybe someone is working about it.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Game Finder Addition: Win / Loss Box

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Concise Description:
Add two boxes to check in the game finder tab. One is win other is loss.

Specifics/Details:
See above, pretty cut and dry. If you click "finished" the other boxes should be able to checked to narrow it further by only wins or losses.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Sometimes you just want to see wins on a certain map, or tournament, or assassin / terminator (if your medal hunting, for example). It would be lovely to see who your unique kills are for example.

Saves a lot of time sorting thru the losses, or the wins, that you do not want to bother seeing on completed games.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Game Finder Addition: Win / Loss Box

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 pm

IcePack wrote:Concise Description:
Add two boxes to check in the game finder tab. One is win other is loss.

Specifics/Details:
See above, pretty cut and dry. If you click "finished" the other boxes should be able to checked to narrow it further by only wins or losses.

Sometimes you just want to see wins on a certain map, or tournament, or assassin / terminator (if your medal hunting, for example). It would be lovely to see who your unique kills are for example.

Saves a lot of time sorting thru the losses, or the wins, that you do not want to bother seeing on completed games.

I don't remember many times where I was just looking for wins/losses - but this seems like an improvement. It certainly could lessen the games coming up if you're looking for a specific game and you know who the winner was.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Example: Medal Hunting
I want to see unique kills on assassin, only the ones ive won against i want to avoid. People I've played and lost to dont matter.

Example 2: Looking for a Game
Forgot the settings i used for certain a fuedal game. Instead of sorting thru all of my past games I bring up only the ones i won in.

Im sure there are other uses, im just sleepy :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby blakebowling on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:45 pm

They would have to be specific for the player's name you typed in. Because technically every game is won and lost.
Private blakebowling

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:08 am

That's fine

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Map Rank can be used to determine how many players you have defeated. Im pretty sure it only adds up ones that contribtute towards your medal.

You can still search by all feudal, chances are it should be near the top.

Not saying i dont like this suggestion, just trying to make sure you know other ways to get the info
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Map Rank can be used to determine how many players you have defeated. Im pretty sure it only adds up ones that contribtute towards your medal.

You can still search by all feudal, chances are it should be near the top.

Not saying i dont like this suggestion, just trying to make sure you know other ways to get the info

I dont want the number of wins, i want who i beat. (or lost to, etc.)

Going by all of one map, including all the wins and losses, depending on the map and person / tournament can be a huge task.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Map Rank also tells who you beat.

When you look for games with Map Rank on there will be an icon next to the person telling you if you have beat them. There are different icons for everything, so you would know if you have beat them for any of the medal categories...except for Cross-Map. But you only need to beat 5 people to get that, so I don't think that it would be too hard to just do search for that map to see if you have beaten them because you wouldn't have played that map very many times.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with the suggestion, I just think that Map Rank does most of what is needed there. Of course it sucks that you can't use Map Rank with all browsers.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 am

chapcrap wrote:Map Rank also tells who you beat.

When you look for games with Map Rank on there will be an icon next to the person telling you if you have beat them. There are different icons for everything, so you would know if you have beat them for any of the medal categories...except for Cross-Map. But you only need to beat 5 people to get that, so I don't think that it would be too hard to just do search for that map to see if you have beaten them because you wouldn't have played that map very many times.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with the suggestion, I just think that Map Rank does most of what is needed there. Of course it sucks that you can't use Map Rank with all browsers.

Map rank does a lot more than i really want, and takes a lot of effort to find the info i am looking for.
I want / suggesting a simple check box you can use for finished games so i can see only wins, or losses.

Super simple, within the site. All browsers

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Won by... enter bar on Game finder

Postby Sparrowhawk#1 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Concise description:
I think that there should be a "Won by" enter bar on the Game Finder.

Specifics/Details:
  • You could type in who or whom won the game you are searching for
  • It would go through the archives of all the completed games to find the games won by the person/people you searched for on those settings
  • You could then find the games you were searching for with those settings and the certain winner/winners

• You could easily find out how many games you had won
  • You could find out how many more games you had to win to gain a medal without spending ages counting throughout the pages
  • If you were a tournament organizer you could find a certain game in your tournament with another piece of information on it
  • If you wanted to find out how many games you had won against a certain player
  • I personally have found this part of CC extremely annoying, and it almost surprises me when I receive a medal. This is a definite missing part in this website and would help everyone
Lieutenant Sparrowhawk#1

Next

Return to Suggestions