Conquer Club

USA 2.1 [10 Mar 2013] Beta Baby!!

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

USA 2.1 [10 Mar 2013] Beta Baby!!

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:01 pm

ImageImageImage Image Image Image

Map Name:USA 2.1
Mapmaker(s):isaiah40; XML by Gilligan
Number of Territories:240
Number of Bonuses: 52 - 50 States, Capitol and Cities along Interstates
Special Features:Airports and ferries allow you to get to the other side of the map easier.
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Take all of the USA map packs with the bonus structure of them and combine them into one huge map, and this is what you get.

Other bonuses:
- D.C.: +3 autodeploy
- Capital: +1 for every 2
- Capital override: Hold all Capitals +7 except for Great Lakes which is Hold all Capitals +14
- Interstate Cities: +3 for 5 consecutive

Killer Neutrals:
- Calgary resets to 1 neutral

Starting Neutrals:
- All Capital cities: 5
- D.C.: 5
- Airports: 5

Starting Positions:
- Non-capitals with a max of 22
- underlying neutrals of 2

6 Airports to enable cross map attacks
2 sets of airports that can only attack each other - Seattle/Anchorage and Honolulu/Los Angeles

Map Image:
Large:
Click image to enlarge.

Small:
Click image to enlarge.

show: Previous Small Versions

show: Previous Large Versions

show: Starting Neutrals
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Mega USA Map [8 Aug 2011] V1

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Yes, yes, and double yes. This pack has always seemed not finished and this might just do it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby grifftron on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 pm

well you got WM OK.. give it a go, sounds great! excited to see it develop.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DiM on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:39 am

let's take a bunch of poor maps and combine them in one poor HUGE map. YAY!
oh it's a brilliant idea because it's about the USA :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby greenoaks on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:00 am

do the 6 map pack maps cover all of mainland USA ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 am

DiM wrote:let's take a bunch of poor maps and combine them in one poor HUGE map. YAY!

Thats the thing though, they are poor because something has been missing. By combining the maps together they bring a completely new game to the boards.

greenoaks wrote:do the 6 map pack maps cover all of mainland USA ?

No they do not. Adding some new territs would be good and also make this one unique and not a copy.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 am

koontz1973 wrote:
DiM wrote:let's take a bunch of poor maps and combine them in one poor HUGE map. YAY!

Thats the thing though, they are poor because something has been missing. By combining the maps together they bring a completely new game to the boards.

greenoaks wrote:do the 6 map pack maps cover all of mainland USA ?

No they do not. Adding some new territs would be good and also make this one unique and not a copy.

All 6 cover all the Mainland USA. Yes.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 am

Which one covers Alaska?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:01 am

koontz1973 wrote:Which one covers Alaska?

Alaska is not a part of the main land area of the USA.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 am

greenoaks wrote:

Fine, it is not connected to the main part of the USA, but it is no less part of the USA. I should be included if this goes ahead. Hawaii is arguable on whether it should be included.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 am

Guys, i'm kinda with Dim on this one...how many maps of the USA do we have to have?
T'would be nice for someone to explore some other themes/countries.
I hate to be questioning this, but... :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:51 am

Personally I like this if all the original spots can be kept. Talk about a serious mess! I say go with it. USA has most all the CC users, and 1 more map will not hurt it.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:10 am

koontz1973 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Fine, it is not connected to the main part of the USA, but it is no less part of the USA. I should be included if this goes ahead. Hawaii is arguable on whether it should be included.

I would love to put Alaska and Hawaii on here, but unfortunately there probably won't be room - who knows I might be able to do it. It would be the connections that would need serious consideration. I will consider this as I think it would add another dimension to this!

Bruceswar wrote:Personally I like this if all the original spots can be kept. Talk about a serious mess! I say go with it. USA has most all the CC users, and 1 more map will not hurt it.

All the original spots, though with a few name changes will have to be made due to size restraints (funny I say this because this is going to be at the max size for both maps)!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Mega USA Map [29 Aug 2011] V1

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:01 pm

Okay here is some more states and Interstates added.

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Mega USA Map [30 Aug 2011] V2

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Can you throw Lake Chalres, LA in there. :D
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Gilligan on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Disagree...The USA Map Pack is great. At least most of them.
Captain Gilligan

Re: Mega USA Map [30 Aug 2011] V2 pg 1

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 am

I decided to drop by so isaiah didn't end up crying himself to sleep tonight. Looks good for a start, and I'm also of the mind that it'd be a lovely capstone to the USA 6 Map Pack. Provided you can put every territory on the map.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 am

This is going to be terrific. I can't wait for it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Serbia on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:15 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This is going to be terrific. I can't wait for it.

--Andy

Agreed.

Also, I don't really understand the mentality of "we don't need another map like (fill-in-the-blank)" If people want to make them, and people want to play them, why not? I'm a huge fan of basic gameplay maps. Not everyone is going to like them, just like not everyone likes the Feudal style maps, or large maps, or small maps. I'd rather see comments based on whether or not a map will work based on game play, whether it could be spruced up to make it more aesthetically pleasing, than to simply say "too similar to something else, I don't want another one!"
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby DiM on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 am

Serbia wrote:Also, I don't really understand the mentality of "we don't need another map like (fill-in-the-blank)" If people want to make them, and people want to play them, why not? I'm a huge fan of basic gameplay maps. Not everyone is going to like them, just like not everyone likes the Feudal style maps, or large maps, or small maps. I'd rather see comments based on whether or not a map will work based on game play, whether it could be spruced up to make it more aesthetically pleasing, than to simply say "too similar to something else, I don't want another one!"

it's not a matter of gameplay but rather one of theme. in this case USA is (in my opinion) a highly overdone theme. i'm sick of seeing USA this and USA that.
maybe lack should talk to the guys at google about making an application where you can use google maps and play CC on anything USA related. then rename the whole site into CC-USA.

there are tens of countries still not mapped and yet we keep getting more and more USA maps that get played only because they're called USA-Something and not because they have good gameplay.
in fact since you mentioned Feudal, it's also worth mentioning that ALL 6 maps in this pack get less than half of the number of daily games that Feudal does. and all this considering the fact that they benefit from the popularity of the USA name and that they're a lot newer. so, yeah, even when it comes to gameplay all these maps can be considered poor. and imagine how little playtime they would get if they were maps of Gabon, Burkina Faso, Albania and Uzbekistan just to name a few countries with very few CC players.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby greenoaks on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:49 am

i really dislike some of the map pack maps but like the others.

bringing them together might negate the luck of the drop i feel is common on a few of them.

i'm looking forward to this.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:03 am

DiM wrote:there are tens of countries still not mapped and yet we keep getting more and more USA maps that get played only because they're called USA-Something and not because they have good gameplay.
in fact since you mentioned Feudal, it's also worth mentioning that ALL 6 maps in this pack get less than half of the number of daily games that Feudal does. and all this considering the fact that they benefit from the popularity of the USA name and that they're a lot newer. so, yeah, even when it comes to gameplay all these maps can be considered poor. and imagine how little playtime they would get if they were maps of Gabon, Burkina Faso, Albania and Uzbekistan just to name a few countries with very few CC players.

There is also a much smaller pool of 'Feudal-style' maps than basic style maps, so that argument is a little faulty.

Over all, I think people would welcome this map, and I can see a large number of tournaments and clan games around an established theme like this.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:18 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
DiM wrote:there are tens of countries still not mapped and yet we keep getting more and more USA maps that get played only because they're called USA-Something and not because they have good gameplay.

There is also a much smaller pool of 'Feudal-style' maps than basic style maps, so that argument is a little faulty.

Over all, I think people would welcome this map, and I can see a large number of tournaments and clan games around an established theme like this.

--Andy

Not to mention Battle Royals! Can you see an Assassin game on this where your target is in New York and you're in Los Angeles! :lol:
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby ironsij0287 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 am

What we really need is another map that features the Balkan region.....

I'm for this project but please, please make the states shapes more geographically accurate. Also a graphical overhaul from the original map pack theme would be nice too.
Sergeant 1st Class ironsij0287

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:46 pm

ironsij0287 wrote:I'm for this project but please, please make the states shapes more geographically accurate. Also a graphical overhaul from the original map pack theme would be nice too.

What is wrong with making the shapes of the states not so accurate? Anyways, I added a few more states and interstates to this version Almost done! Still have to do New England, and place on all the other roads between the other cities

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Next

Return to The Atlas