Conquer Club

[UI] Make blue army numbers lighter

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter

Postby blakebowling on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:42 am

Minister X wrote:Please fix blue. If it was consistently associated with a certain position in an 8-player game (e.g. first or last) I'd never sign up for a game at that position. I hate playing dark blue.

Uhm. The third player is always blue.

Also, do the colors really matter that much?
Private blakebowling

Postby killercheez on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 pm

i think this is a great idea
Private 1st Class killercheez

Postby Ninja Champion on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Much agreed, I use color codes because of this.. the worst map I can think of is blue on Europe... practically camouflage.
Brigadier Ninja Champion

Postby ender516 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:45 pm

I wonder if this is something that could be solved with a script. If I recall correctly, once upon a time, scripts like BOB took control of the writing or rewriting of the troop numbers (in the early days, this was how colour codes were provided, before they were added to the site). At that time, there were offset options to line up the text with the map. More recently, a site update changed how the troop numbers are presented, and such overwriting was dropped. Could it be restored, so that blue numbers could be written in a more legible colour scheme?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby natty dread on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 am

ender516 wrote:I wonder if this is something that could be solved with a script. If I recall correctly, once upon a time, scripts like BOB took control of the writing or rewriting of the troop numbers (in the early days, this was how colour codes were provided, before they were added to the site). At that time, there were offset options to line up the text with the map. More recently, a site update changed how the troop numbers are presented, and such overwriting was dropped. Could it be restored, so that blue numbers could be written in a more legible colour scheme?

I think this should be possible, not 100% sure though.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Falkomagno on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 am

grey and green confusion is worst in my opinion, and should be corrected as soon as possible
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby ender516 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:35 am

Using the colour codes should make green (prefix: g) and grey (prefix: s [for silver or slate, I forget which]) easily distinguishable. The problem being addressed here is that, codes or not, the blue numbers often lack sufficient contrast with the map to be seen.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:14 am

ITT:

People who are color blind rage about unable to see distinct differences among the colors.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:05 pm

funny, i dismissed this last night as i was browsing this forum... then this morning while taking turns i thought, "what the f*ck?!! they are right!!!"... turned on the colour codes to make it through turns, but something could be done about it...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:48 pm

well i look topic title>make blue army number lighter< and though,these is easy to implement,small adjustment, but then i look date of these sugestion,and whas shocked 1,5 years in sugestion forum???
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:18 pm

If changing one color would satisfy everyone, it would be an easy fix. The hard part is finding a color that makes the most people happy.

If you have a (serious) suggestion for a color that you'd like to replace blue, please post the color code in this thread and I'll make a Poll with the submitted options on it. Please don't submit more than one or two each.
Private blakebowling

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 pm

blakebowling wrote:If changing one color would satisfy everyone, it would be an easy fix. The hard part is finding a color that makes the most people happy.

If you have a (serious) suggestion for a color that you'd like to replace blue, please post the color code in this thread and I'll make a Poll with the submitted options on it. Please don't submit more than one or two each.

#5555ff
or
#3f7fff

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 pm

natty_dread wrote:
blakebowling wrote:If changing one color would satisfy everyone, it would be an easy fix. The hard part is finding a color that makes the most people happy.

#5555ff
or
#3f7fff
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:43 pm

chapcrap wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

#5555ff
or
#3f7fff

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for colors? Or do they like the two presented? If so, we could put up a poll to find out which one people like most.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ndrs on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Does anyone else have any other suggestions for colors? Or do they like the two presented? If so, we could put up a poll to find out which one people like most.

TheForgivenOne wrote:Does anyone else have any other suggestions for colors? Or do they like the two presented? If so, we could put up a poll to find out which one people like most.

Current:

Suggestion:

blue: #3494ff
grey: #9a9a9a (a bit brighter)

Or, if I could change them all: (:lol:)

red: #ff464a
pink: #ffb0f9
teal: #70f0e9
blue: #5d9aff
yellow #f8ef5b
grey: #a6a6a6
orange: #ff8c4c
green: #6ee069

teal vs. green would need some tweaking, probably others as well, but...
Colonel ndrs

Postby King_Herpes on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:13 pm

This thread fucking rocks. Two years strong, let's get to work troops.

EVERYBODY LET'SS MAKE SSOME NOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIISSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

DON'T THIS HERE MAKE MY PEOPLE WANNA JUMP!!! JUMP!!!

DON'T THIS HERE MAKE MY PEOPLE WANNA JUMP!!! JUMP!!!

DON'T THIS SHIT HERE MAKE MY PEOPLE WANNA JUMP!!! JUMP!!!
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby natty dread on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Does anyone else have any other suggestions for colors? Or do they like the two presented? If so, we could put up a poll to find out which one people like most.

So, where's the poll?

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Sorry, totally slipped my mind. Poll added
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 am

Minister X wrote:Please fix blue. If it was consistently associated with a certain position in an 8-player game (e.g. first or last) I'd never sign up for a game at that position. I hate playing dark blue.

I'm the exact opposite. I always try to be the third player just so I can be blue, or the sixth so I can be cyan. They are absolutely the coolest colours. Quite honestly, I'm distressed by the idea of screwing with them. The only colours on this site that I've ever had trouble distinguishing are green/grey.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:10 am

Dukasaur wrote:The only colours on this site that I've ever had trouble distinguishing are green/grey.

This is not about distinguishing colours from each other, there's colour codes for that.

This is about blue numbers not being VISIBLE on a dark background, due to being so dark themselves. Just try being the blue player on Ancient Greece.

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 am

natty dread wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:The only colours on this site that I've ever had trouble distinguishing are green/grey.

This is not about distinguishing colours from each other, there's colour codes for that.

This is about blue numbers not being VISIBLE on a dark background, due to being so dark themselves.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I have 2700 games completed and I have never encountered the alleged problem. I know you cited the Conquerman map as an example, and I rarely play that one, so just to be sure I used Game Finder and loaded up some currently-active Sunny games on Conquerman. I can see the blue numbers clear as day. About the closest I could find to a problem (and I've looked at a LOT of maps in the last hour) is the Tamriel map with its dark army circles.

On the other hand, any day of the week I can show you a Clandemonium game where the green numbers and the grey numbers vanish in the dark grassland. And Siege and quite a few others.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:55 am

I think it's all a point of perspective. I've looked at both maps/colors, and I see points from where you are coming from. I, personally, don't have a problem seeing the blue or green/grey, but doesn't mean others won't/don't have a problem with it. Doesn't mean that I am right or wrong. I have problems with yellow/white, but doesn't mean others will. Natty has made a good suggestion, and yes, it has gone along slowly, but I think it is close to being Submitted.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:07 am

Dukasaur wrote:I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I have 2700 games completed and I have never encountered the alleged problem.

Just because you can't see a problem, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Dukasaur wrote:About the closest I could find to a problem (and I've looked at a LOT of maps in the last hour) is the Tamriel map with its dark army circles.

This is not just about existing maps - even if there are very few maps where the blue numbers are a problem, this is because the mapmakers know of this problem and are able to take it in account when designing the graphics. That's why so many maps use light-coloured army circles, and other things to help with the number visibility. However, this is also about maps that will be made in the future - if this one army colour is fixed, then mapmakers will be free to create graphics with dark backgrounds, without worrying about the visibility of blue numbers. This would give more artistic freedom to mapmakers, and more variation to the styles of maps on CC.

Postby Gilligan on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 am

Where's the option for "keep it as is"?
Captain Gilligan

Postby DiM on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Gilligan wrote:Where's the option for "keep it as is"?

+1

colours are fine. and for those that don't think they're fine we have colour codes.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions