Conquer Club

Archiving Ranks

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Archiving Ranks

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:16 pm

blakebowling wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
qwert wrote:i though that mean to be implemented for 2,5-3 years from time where are sugestion proposed.

Which would make it an alarmingly quick implementation.

Lets try to be constructive.

Yes, we wouldn't want to speak of suggestions being accepted and sitting as "Pending" for four years. Pointing out problems is absolutely unconstructive.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Keep Rank at time of game in history

Postby wildwilliam on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Keep Rank at time of game in history

Specifics/Details:
  • I checked my game history and the first game I ever played show me as a Captain, obviously I was not.
  • It should show you rank at the time the game was played

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will show you your progression through out your time.
  • will show you how you are becoming better
  • If you were a cook and beat General, it would be cool to show
Corporal wildwilliam

Re: Keep Rank at time of game in history

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:39 pm

This would be cool, dont know if it's worth the resources though
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby shocked439 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I like this idea.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:03 pm

I swear I planned on making this exact suggestion like a week ago and forgot to post it. +1 from me.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:12 pm

I think I have seen a thread like this before...

Anyway, I like it, but don't think it is worth the effort. Unless it is easily implemented, then by all means! :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Yeah, what I wanted was a player's initial and final score to be posted in the game log in the same line as the number of points won/lost (this isn't the same as the OP but has the same results).
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Stephan Wayne on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 pm

I really like the idea it has alot more benefits than named.

However i dont think that anyone will devote the time and effort into making it real. Which is sad because i would love to see it implemented
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Postby chapcrap on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Stephen Wayne wrote:I really like the idea it has alot more benefits than named.

However i dont think that anyone will devote the time and effort into making it real. Which is sad because i would love to see it implemented

I don't think your idea is a very feasible one because all the games (old and new) take the information from the player. As the player changes, it changes. Difficult to implement probably. Especially to backdate all the old games.

However, I think that mets' idea would be very easy. You just a little code to put all the player's scores into the game log. I don't think there would be much problem with that. Might be hard to backdate though.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby oran0007 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 am

I know it is already submitted, but I would like to throw my two cents in. I think that it would be more useful to use the score at the start of the game (or even when the player joined) than at the end of the game (which seemed to be the focal point of the older thread). I think about when I maprank myself and look at the relative rank, it doesn't look too bad. But when I look at that of a general it looks like they spend all of their time farming because they have obviously played people who do not currently have very high scores comparatively. This would be different if it was based on what rank the players of a game were when they started. Of course, if the archived games are not to be updated with this (which I wouldn't doubt) then maprank will probably end up with two columns, one with the current method of comparison and one with the newly possible method to show that not every player above the rank of major spends all of their time farming.
Corporal 1st Class oran0007

Re:

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:38 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Hm, I'm not sure of the feasability of this idea, but it is an interesting one. It seems like it would be rather difficult to retroactively do it to the games, and if it is time consuming or difficult, it will probably take a backseat to more pressing issues.

--Andy

I think it would be real easy. It could be as simple as one word added to the log. Instead of "Joe Blow gained 18 points" it would be "Captain Joe Blow gained 18 points."
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Good idea. I'm not even sure if it would be that hard to make it retroactive. I would think that as a one-off measure, the site could go back through games and retroactively add this information to the game log. MapRank can figure out (at least roughly) what my points were on a certain date. Why couldn't the site? (Rhetorical question alert: Obviously, it could--MapRank gets its information from the site.)

Then, perhaps, the Game Finder and Game screens could pull that information to update the icons. Or maybe have a greyed out icon next to whatever a players current rate is.

I think it would be really cool to go back through my Game History and watch the progress.
Colonel agentcom

Postby spiesr on Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions