Does ConquerClub lack effective marketing?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Does ConquerClub lack effective marketing?

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Or 'skip-a-game'
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 am

AAFitz wrote:
show: Various Stats Long Term

So can I conclude from a quick look at these charts that CC activity is pretty steady overall, and that the only thing that is a problem is that we are apparently becoming worse players. (IE. the score is the only drop off.)

I would once again like to add that new players are hugely affected by the rating system, and they end up getting much lower ratings than they probably deserve. I kept playing at CC partly because of the old feedback system, and that I had a good rating. Im not sure Id have stuck around if I got all ones on my first couple games simply because I was new, and had a horrible rating. Though....im not sure all would consider that a bad thing...

I think it is the most overlooked problem on the site....unless of course its been addressed in the years Ive been mentioning it...in which case...Kudos.

The data are only plotted over one year...
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
show: Various Stats Long Term

it is very obvious when number of total users started to go rapidly down. it may be argument that number of users are rapidly going down during summer, but summertime is not reason for that. number of active users started to go rapidly down from March 2011, which is far away from summertime. July and August 2010 had more users than May 2011 so for sure summertime is only make it looking worse, but is not real reason for site going rapidly down.

when we consider all aspects of the site, every aspect improves by time. map foundry making more and more maps by days, some of them are really awesome and playable, they are doing excellent work. newsletter team are also bigger and bigger by time. number of active clans also grows. strategy guide forum also make more and more guides by time. number of international forums are also growing. training groups/academy is increasing. Tournament section is also increasing, TPA event come to his 2nd edition. Tech team also do their job perfect, technical support is always on top level. Entertainment team put more and more events every year. so what should go bad, if every effort in every part of the site is increasing or at least stay at the same level?

unfortunately, there is part of the site which kills fun of users, especially with nonsense decisions, which started at March/April 2011. is this acicidentally the same month when number of active users rapidly went down and never stopped, and when series of "famous" C&A team decisions started? I do not think so, who would want to be on the site where 5000-9000 wiews had C&A topics when verdicts were unlogical, without precisely defined what is and is not against the rules, or without giving accused chance to defend himself? in addition, all that was made vs users who contributed the site by years on many different useful ways, and who are known by every longer time active CC user. so, is it really weird that interest for CC radiply went down after all that C&A festival vs top CC players started?

In every organization, officials and high placed persons are what make it successfull or unsuccesfull. when whole community see nonsenses in big verdicts, not precisely defined or unfair moves or rude behaviour done by officials, it is not weird that then whole site loose interest to contribute on the site.

if officials are rude like here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=142480&hilit=king+achilles&start=285#p3116395
king achilles wrote:If you do not agree with the verdict, go to your local police station and file a complaint.

... and made guilty decisions vs the ones who contributed the site in very useful manners, and who often reported many hardcore cheaters like here:
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=143145
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=143433

... and make different decisons in the same situations, depends who are acused person and not what is done, like here:
Game 8613461 2011-03-23 04:28:41 - lord voldemort (former member of C&A team, who commented in gamechat and later those days sitters played his turns): b) i have two of the biggest guys on my side who have already looked at this game and said there was nothing wrong

2 months later, there was guilty verdict for doing the same which "2 of the biggest guys" thought was nothing wrong in the case above, but there was one big difference, players who did it were not former C&A moderators, they were just normal players without moderator or ex moderator status. viewtopic.php?f=239&t=145859&start=255#p3229429
king achilles wrote:Account sitting is for a definite period of time and NOT for an indefinite period. You can't assign an account sitter to account sit for you for as long as his blood is running into his veins. Then you can now sleep soundly whenever or do other stuff because you know he is going to save you from missing a turn. If you are capable of taking your turn, then take it. Do not make someone be responsible for your own account or lean too much for his advise.

... and make guilty verdicts for some arguments that were clearly rebutted by accused, leaving feeling that officials did not even read rebuttal arguments, like here:
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=145859&start=255#p3229429
king achilles wrote:For this case, at some point, josko.ri could/should have simply told the other players to stop relying on him to take turns for them.

is it need to add that I did not only could/should tell them to not rely on me but I also DID it, so I was guilty for not doing something that I DID!!! it was part of my defense and may be checked here: http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... onmoon.jpg
"2011-05-10 21:10:56 - josko.ri [team]: if you are sure you wont be here on time to play turn, then dont be affraid to play it without me. you are both very good players so feel free to take it alone if we are not able to make live agreement"

... and make guilty verdicts without answering on accused additional rebuttal arguments, like here: viewtopic.php?f=239&t=148339&start=75#p3302405

after that try from accused to speak with rebuttal arguments, and many discussions by multiple CC users about this in later posts, C&A moderators did not put single reply with precisely clarifying what is and what is not done, or with any public response to public rebuttal arguments, leaving feeling in the air like there is not everything done properly.

after all that made from C&A team from March 2011, every of the cases followed by 5000-9000 wiews, is it really so weird that CC rapidly started going down? in my country, when something is not working well, people say that it smells bad from head, not from tail. if head is not working well, nor tail will. CC players are not guilty that rules of the site are not well defined, and C&A team is obviously too proud to admit it and try to improve the rules and make it precisely. it is easier to punish users than to admit that rules were not declared well.

so you may see where lies causes for not effective, but terrible marketing done inside of CC. if inside users are dissapointed by heads, how do you expect that they will recommend CC for new users and the site would grow? you know that in marketing recommendation works much better than any advertisement and I doubt who will recommend CC to his friend after seeing all that described above.

who play a game he hope to grow by time, and possibly become top player during years. when C&A team show how they treat top players, and which type of flaming was done to them, it is not weird that people loose will to play.

in addition, there were opened many topics like this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=148931 about sitting issues with point to make the rules more clear but there were never any voice from admins in those threads. it is perfect way to show how much admins care about community needs and about making rules clear. again, it is easier to punish users than to admit that rules were not declared well and try to improve them.

I expect that I will probably be punished for my post because it is normal to be punished when it is told something bad about head persons. I know that my conscience is clear and for every my statement I provided linked evidence, so everyone may check if I lied or told truth and it is often bad feeling to hear truth.
Last edited by josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
General josko.ri

Medals: 98
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby jpcloet on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 pm

The actual premium membership is estimated to be around 4000 members.
Captain jpcloet

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:56 pm

jpcloet wrote:The actual premium membership is estimated to be around 4000 members.

Much less than the 10,000 guessed above. That equals $100,000 per year instead of $250,000.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Dako on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:11 am

And 100k is not a big sum to live on them + reinvest them into the site.
Brigadier Dako

Medals: 115
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (24)
Clan Achievement (20) General Contribution (20)

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 am

jpcloet wrote:The actual premium membership is estimated to be around 4000 members.

On what do you base this?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Brigadier Fruitcake

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2)

Previous

Return to General Discussion