Conquer Club

An American Odyssey Championship [GF]- INFO

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

An American Odyssey Championship [GF]- INFO

Postby Fuzzy316 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

As some may have seen, I have begun a series of tourneys called An American Odyssey, in which we will take a travel through American History and possible future. This thread is information regarding the Championship and final tourney in the series. The name of this specific tourney is: The Final Frontier.

Here is a listing of the 12 tourneys that will result in our field of 32 final players for this Championship.
1. Columbus
2. Colonization
3. Independence
4. Manifest Destiny
5. Civil War
6. United States
7. Awakening the Sleeping Giant
8. Battling the Japanese
9. Warring in Europe
10. Race to the Moon
11. The Cold War
12. Devastation

Throughout these 12 tourneys, I will be keeping track of all players' kills, regardless of game or tourney wins. The final field in this tourney will be 32, and those 32 will be determined by the number of kills that they make in the series.

Although the game settings will be the same for the Championship as in the other 12, the rules slightly differ for it. The map will be Solar System.

What differs here is that there will be 32 initial players vs. 64. Players will be set up in groups of 4 but will play the following:

show: Round 1

show: Round 2

show: Round 3

show: Final

The WINNER OF THE SERIES will be the player with the MOST OVERALL KILLS in the series after the final game in the final round. I have designed this in hopes of having a clear winner by the end. In the event of a tie exists between individuals after the final game, a single game between those tied will be played and the winner will take it all.

Below is the current standings for the top 32 players, which will be updated following each tourney. Remember, all kills in each tourney are added together for your overall kills total. In case of a tie resulting in a field of more than 32, 1 or more games will be played to reduce the field to 32. These games will not count towards the kill total since it is a special game. This list includes only kills from completed tournaments, not those still active.

show: Overall Top 32
Last edited by Fuzzy316 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Re: An American Odyssey Championship [GF]- INFO

Postby jpb12 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:40 am

Fuzzy, I am a bit confused by this as I have eliminated well more than 2 people so far. In fact I believe I should be in the 5-7 range. Is it possible I am understanding the term "kill" incorrectly? Is a kill each individual that you personally eliminate? If so than maybe my total is incorrect? Sorry to be that guy but need a little clarification.

Thanks!

John
Cook jpb12

Postby Fuzzy316 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:03 pm

jpb12 wrote:Fuzzy, I am a bit confused by this as I have eliminated well more than 2 people so far. In fact I believe I should be in the 5-7 range. Is it possible I am understanding the term "kill" incorrectly? Is a kill each individual that you personally eliminate? If so than maybe my total is incorrect? Sorry to be that guy but need a little clarification.

Thanks!

John

The tourney kills are those you specifically take out in a single game. Those kills can be from 1-3 per game, and up to 9 in a tourney.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Linnick on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Yes Iam also a bit lost on this I have 2 kills and also am wodering where I sign up for the other games thanks Linnick
Corporal 1st Class Linnick

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Just thought I'd mention this: I think I've only signed up for one or two of these. Fact is I love the theme; I love most historical themes in general. I just really hate 3- and 4- player games...:(

If you do another one like this, could you include some tourneys in the series with 6- or 7- player games?

;)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Fuzzy316 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 am

Absolutely.. Once I finish this one, I was thinking of creating a fantasy type one where there are multiple players. rounds, etc. point based probably as well.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby musicalmaven on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:58 pm

ok - once more into the breach. count me in.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby Fuzzy316 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:11 pm

musicalmaven wrote:ok - once more into the breach. count me in.

this one is a GF... not one you can simply join. Have to join the regular tourneys that are used for kills to qualify for this one. The last one is currently in sign-ups and is on the USApocalypse map.

You currently have a spot in this final, but that may change with 2 to go.
Last edited by Fuzzy316 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Fuzzy316 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:17 pm

UPDATE....

For the first time in the tourney series we have an actual field of 32 players with no ties for the last spots. We still have 2 tournaments to finish. One active, the other in signups. I am currently in the process of updating the list of 32 players.

IN addition, we have a new leader atop the board.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby musicalmaven on Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm

it would appear that i am too late. that's what i get for going out and playing a round of golf today. nut if my count is off or some of the guys signed up twice, or back out - i'll paly.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby Fuzzy316 on Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm

and now we once again have a number of players vying for the final 2 spots in this GF. We have 6 players tied for the 30th-32nd spots with 8 kills apiece with one tournament remaining to be finished.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Fuzzy316 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 pm

The Final final is underway before the GF takes place. Who will survive... who will be bumped... who will squeak in?.... Find out after the Devastation final is complete.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Are those of us listed on the top 32 automatically entered or do we need to sign up somewhere?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Fuzzy316 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:17 pm

You should need to sign up once I post the tourney. It will be a GF by invite only, and I will send a mailer out to players when it is created.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Fuzzy316 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm

In the event that players decline to join the GF, I will move down the list of players who were eliminated last in the playoff game, then move down the list of players with the most kills, and randomly pull a name if it comes to it.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

General Achievement Medal

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm

A General Achievement Medal will be awarded to the winner of the Grande Finale.

8-)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Return to Completed 2012