Game Finder Addition: Win / Loss Box

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Game Finder Addition: Win / Loss Box

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Concise Description:
Add two boxes to check in the game finder tab. One is win other is loss.

Specifics/Details:
See above, pretty cut and dry. If you click "finished" the other boxes should be able to checked to narrow it further by only wins or losses.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Sometimes you just want to see wins on a certain map, or tournament, or assassin / terminator (if your medal hunting, for example). It would be lovely to see who your unique kills are for example.

Saves a lot of time sorting thru the losses, or the wins, that you do not want to bother seeing on completed games.
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Captain IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Re: Game Finder Addition: Win / Loss Box

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 pm

IcePack wrote:Concise Description:
Add two boxes to check in the game finder tab. One is win other is loss.

Specifics/Details:
See above, pretty cut and dry. If you click "finished" the other boxes should be able to checked to narrow it further by only wins or losses.

Sometimes you just want to see wins on a certain map, or tournament, or assassin / terminator (if your medal hunting, for example). It would be lovely to see who your unique kills are for example.

Saves a lot of time sorting thru the losses, or the wins, that you do not want to bother seeing on completed games.

I don't remember many times where I was just looking for wins/losses - but this seems like an improvement. It certainly could lessen the games coming up if you're looking for a specific game and you know who the winner was.

High Score: #76 3053
Colonel ViperOverLord

Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Example: Medal Hunting
I want to see unique kills on assassin, only the ones ive won against i want to avoid. People I've played and lost to dont matter.

Example 2: Looking for a Game
Forgot the settings i used for certain a fuedal game. Instead of sorting thru all of my past games I bring up only the ones i won in.

Im sure there are other uses, im just sleepy :)
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
Captain IcePack

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby blakebowling on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:45 pm

They would have to be specific for the player's name you typed in. Because technically every game is won and lost.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:08 am

That's fine
Captain IcePack

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Map Rank can be used to determine how many players you have defeated. Im pretty sure it only adds up ones that contribtute towards your medal.

You can still search by all feudal, chances are it should be near the top.

Not saying i dont like this suggestion, just trying to make sure you know other ways to get the info
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Lieutenant MoB Deadly

Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Map Rank can be used to determine how many players you have defeated. Im pretty sure it only adds up ones that contribtute towards your medal.

You can still search by all feudal, chances are it should be near the top.

Not saying i dont like this suggestion, just trying to make sure you know other ways to get the info

I dont want the number of wins, i want who i beat. (or lost to, etc.)

Going by all of one map, including all the wins and losses, depending on the map and person / tournament can be a huge task.
Captain IcePack

Postby chapcrap on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Map Rank also tells who you beat.

When you look for games with Map Rank on there will be an icon next to the person telling you if you have beat them. There are different icons for everything, so you would know if you have beat them for any of the medal categories...except for Cross-Map. But you only need to beat 5 people to get that, so I don't think that it would be too hard to just do search for that map to see if you have beaten them because you wouldn't have played that map very many times.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with the suggestion, I just think that Map Rank does most of what is needed there. Of course it sucks that you can't use Map Rank with all browsers.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 am

chapcrap wrote:Map Rank also tells who you beat.

When you look for games with Map Rank on there will be an icon next to the person telling you if you have beat them. There are different icons for everything, so you would know if you have beat them for any of the medal categories...except for Cross-Map. But you only need to beat 5 people to get that, so I don't think that it would be too hard to just do search for that map to see if you have beaten them because you wouldn't have played that map very many times.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with the suggestion, I just think that Map Rank does most of what is needed there. Of course it sucks that you can't use Map Rank with all browsers.

Map rank does a lot more than i really want, and takes a lot of effort to find the info i am looking for.
I want / suggesting a simple check box you can use for finished games so i can see only wins, or losses.

Super simple, within the site. All browsers
Captain IcePack

Won by... enter bar on Game finder

Postby Sparrowhawk#1 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Concise description:
I think that there should be a "Won by" enter bar on the Game Finder.

Specifics/Details:
  • You could type in who or whom won the game you are searching for
  • It would go through the archives of all the completed games to find the games won by the person/people you searched for on those settings
  • You could then find the games you were searching for with those settings and the certain winner/winners

• You could easily find out how many games you had won
  • You could find out how many more games you had to win to gain a medal without spending ages counting throughout the pages
  • If you were a tournament organizer you could find a certain game in your tournament with another piece of information on it
  • If you wanted to find out how many games you had won against a certain player
  • I personally have found this part of CC extremely annoying, and it almost surprises me when I receive a medal. This is a definite missing part in this website and would help everyone
Lieutenant Sparrowhawk#1

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Won by... enter bar on Game finder

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 pm

I like it.
Captain chapcrap

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:29 am

Merged, since these two suggestions are basically the same.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:34 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Merged, since these two suggestions are basically the same.

I feel like they are different set ups. I like the new one better.
Captain chapcrap

Postby jammyjames on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 am

And for users that cannot access scripts such as Map Rank due to not having a computer and having a mobile device, this would be a very handy improvement.
Lieutenant jammyjames

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby greenoaks on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 am

it would also make my life as a TO easier.

i have some long tournaments with people playing 45+ games each. before declaring the winner i could simply check the wins of those in contention.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:06 am

greenoaks wrote:it would also make my life as a TO easier.

i have some long tournaments with people playing 45+ games each. before declaring the winner i could simply check the wins of those in contention.

Very true.
Captain chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Either way it's implemented it would be a big help.
Captain IcePack

Postby QoH on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:51 pm

I agree fully. This should be implemented ASAP.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 pm

The more I think about this, the more I want it!!!
Captain chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am

adding a won by field to the Game Finder page would be a simple addition to make.

can this be suggested to the new powers that be.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Game Finder

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Game Finder]

Concise description:
  • Yeah this is my first suggestion this may have came up already but I was wondering if we could make Gamefinder make it so that you can search for games you won or lost instead of searching through all past games, there may be a way to do it but I dont know how besides map rank lol

Have a Win column, Loss Column, and Both column

• It will benefit the site by making it easier to search for unique defeats against people or just to see how many games you won a specific map rather then loading map rank.

Im not a very good at graphics but it would somewhat look like this...

Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 131
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (24) General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: Game Finder

Postby nicestash on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:12 pm

I like it!
Major nicestash

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Swifte on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 pm

So many things I've thought would be nice to have in Game Finder.. this is a good one.
Last edited by Swifte on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 141
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (34) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 pm

I think this would be a great addition!!
Lieutenant mcshanester29
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Medals: 165
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (10)

Postby happyfeet on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

solid idea
Major happyfeet

Medals: 92
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (11)

Next

Return to Suggestions