Conquer Club

[MED] Special Clan member contribution achievement award.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Special Clan contribution award.

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 pm

I apologize for my earlier remarks. I should not have let this turn into a personal debate, and if I continue to take it personally then the community suffers because we will not continue refining the suggestion properly. I am not going to let jefjef or anyone else be responsible for a submitted suggestion that is not of the highest quality, simply because people did not want to engage in a discussion about the details of the feature. What needs to be refined before this can be submitted are the following:

- How many medals can a clan award per year?
- What are the requirements for being active enough to award this medal?
- Is this intended to be for anyone in the clan, or is it for leaders who put time into organizing clan wars, etc., or is it for members who go above and beyond in terms of game play or volunteering?
- Do the clan directors have the ability to refuse to award a medal if they feel the reason is not good enough?

Users who continue to make comments unrelated to the topic at hand will be disciplined. Let's make a good suggestion here, not a bad argument.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby jefjef on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:05 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
- Is this intended to be for anyone in the clan, or is it for leaders who put time into organizing clan wars, etc., or is it for members who go above and beyond in terms of game play or volunteering?
- Do the clan directors have the ability to refuse to award a medal if they feel the reason is not good enough?

My suggestion as it stands is all in the 1st post. I believe it answers all of this unless I'm missing something.

look at tffs they are a 10/11 player clan last time i looked. but are low on ladder. they face a top clan and win it would not be a medal challenge due to the ladder system but they would carry on in the cup. this clan only hae the resorces to compete in 1 challenge at a time.

So far this year the Fantastic Four Skins have fought 6 wars and will prob get a couple more in. They are very small and manage to easily meet the 5 criteria by being active and putting forth the effort.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:54 am

KORT is on its 3rd war this year. We will only likely hit 4 Max. That is only if you count THOTA for this year. Between the league and the cup there is really no time for other wars. Some of us wish to spend more time winning wars, than time playing 9 or 10 crappy ones a year.

I think TSM, LoW, IA, AOC, KORT, THOTA, TOFU (who is now defunct) Will echo many of these same thoughts. I would say Empire also but they seem to want to play lots. Top clans generally like 1 war at a time.

A quick breakdown of top clans and wars this year.

KORT - 3, THOTA, G1, Empire
THOTA -3, KORT, AOC, TSM
LoW - 2, TSM, OSA
TSM - 3, AFOS, LoW, THOTA
IA- 2, FOED, PACK

Just some examples.. I might have missed 1 or 2 wars, but you get the idea.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:22 am

someone posted earlier a clan needs to have 4 wars a year to remain a clan but i can't find that rule anywhere.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Denise on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:40 am

Metsfanmax wrote:- Is this intended to be for anyone in the clan, or is it for leaders who put time into organizing clan wars, etc., or is it for members who go above and beyond in terms of game play or volunteering?

I would think this is for the members, but maybe it's best to leave that to the discretion of each clan. Leaders are already recognized by their title.
Colonel Denise

Postby jefjef on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:54 am

Denise wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:- Is this intended to be for anyone in the clan, or is it for leaders who put time into organizing clan wars, etc., or is it for members who go above and beyond in terms of game play or volunteering?

I would think this is for the members, but maybe it's best to leave that to the discretion of each clan. Leaders are already recognized by their title.

This is the spirit and intent of this sugg. Leave it up to the clans to decide.

greenoaks wrote:someone posted earlier a clan needs to have 4 wars a year to remain a clan but i can't find that rule anywhere.

My memory was off or it's been changed. Here is the minimum requirement: = 2 per year

Clans are competitive groups and active in Clan Challenges. If your clan has not participated in a Clan War, League or Tournament over the last 6 months, then your recruitment thread will be moved to the Create/Join a Social Group. If you are having a hard time finding an opponent, please pm the Clan Directors, and we will do our best to help you find one.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby grifftron on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 am

Good Idea, I support this.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jeraado on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 am

My thoughts on the questions mets raised:

I think 1 per year is the general concensus. I like the spirit of greenoaks' idea, but I think in a practical sense (at least while the medal is new) an arbitrary allocation is better to prevent any misuse etc. If the medal is implemented and works without any issues then the allocation can be revisited. As an alternative, I like the idea of each clan being 'entitled' to award one medal, and in instances where they believe a second member is exceptionally deserving, a medal can be given to that person at the CD mod's sole discretion. However I'd rather see it implemented with a 1 per clan limit than not at all

I don't have any particular opinions on this, but I'm sure others do. Might even be worth taking outside of the suggestions forum and getting the CLA to look after that (i.e. make the criteria 'subject to the CLA's guidelines)

Whatever the clan deems most fit, although with a focus on effort, not gameplay. I don't think it should be limited to leaders or to non-leaders. It should be the most deserving person in the clan.

Absolutely, I think this should be a prerequisite for the suggestion. However I would suggest that the threshold be quite low as the idea is to recognise effort which may not be visible to people outside the clan. Nominations should only be rejected if there is reason to believe someone is trying to take advantage of the system. Of course if the opportunity for a second medal, or the unlimited medals for worthy recipients is used then there would need to be greater scrutiny of nominees. Also, I'd suggest not having fixed rules for whether a recipient is worthy, since someone's work may be entirely within the clan's forums, or in coaching new clan members etc.
Cadet jeraado

Postby CAPK81 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 am

sounds good to me
Major CAPK81

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 am

Also qwert, your suggestion completely changes Jef's idea. Like, its 180 degrees different.

well these is how i see, something what can be easy to implement,and easy for CD to issue medals.
Now we need to separate things a little
Special Clan contribution award- now like in other forums,i will take map foundry for example, because i get one Contribution medal for notheworthy contribution in map foundry, and these is what these medal need to be, for notheworthy contribution in clan forum, like in case of map foundry, only CD decide to give these medal to some player.
Special Clan Achivement Award- now these could be something what i proposed, and related to individual person(medal what we get its for team Achivement), who can be decide by number of team wins,combined in all clan games,what one person play, how much these will be i give example-30 wins bronse Eagle-60 wins silver Eagle-100 wins Gold Eagle Award(these could be change).
I dont change any sugestion, because these is totaly diferent ,from what jef proposed.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jefjef on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 am

qwert wrote:
Also qwert, your suggestion completely changes Jef's idea. Like, its 180 degrees different.

well these is how i see, something what can be easy to implement,and easy for CD to issue medals.
Special Clan contribution award- now like in other forums,i will take map foundry for example, because i get one Contribution medal for notheworthy contribution in map foundry, and these is what these medal need to be, for notheworthy contribution in clan forum, like in case of map foundry, only CD decide to give these medal to some player.
Special Clan Achivement Award- now these could be something what i proposed, and related to individual person(medal what we get its for team Achivement), who can be decide by number of team wins,combined in all clan games,what one person play, how much these will be i give example-30 wins bronse Eagle-60 wins silver Eagle-100 wins Gold Eagle Award(these could be change).
I dont change any sugestion, because these is totaly diferent ,from what jef proposed

Than these belong in it's own suggestion thread.
Colonel jefjef

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 am

jefjef wrote:
qwert wrote:

I dont change any sugestion, because these is totaly diferent ,from what jef proposed

Than these belong in it's own suggestion thread.

Indeed. Let's keep this topic to member selected individual-clan achievements, since that's what the OP requested.

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jefjef on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 am

Ok. Sugg has been modified. See what you all think. :)

Concise description:

Allow each competitive clans leader/s to have 1 special Clan contribution medal awarded by CC to 1 clan member per year for special recognition for their contributions to their respective clan.

Specifics/Details:

It would be great for leaders to be able to recognize a member for improvements/overall performance/managing wars/training/attitude/volunteering - for whatever reason each clans leaders would decide.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Medals and awards make this site more competitive and enjoyable. Clans and clan members contribute greatly to CC in ideas, competition and enjoyment. Allowing clans leader/s to give special recognition to members will only make clans more enjoyable. 8-)
The award I suggest using is the current clan achievement awarded for war victories. Everything is already in place. :)
OR as has been suggested we could come up with a really cool unique award. Like a silver or gold Eagle.

CRITERIA:
For the clan to have been active for a year +.
For the clan to have had a minimum of 4 medal qualifying wars* in that year.
For the medal recipient to have been a member of that clan for a year +.
For that recipient to have participated in a minimum of 4 medal qualifying wars*.
*Participation in a Medal qualifying clan tournament counts towards a medal war.

Clan then earns 1 medal to issue to a [b]member
whom the leader/s feel deserves recognition for their contributions. Clan Directors then issue upon proper notification from the requesting clan leader/s. *Leaders will not be allowed to award themselves the medal.
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:45 am

TNC supports this.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:49 am

Maybe this is a silly question, but how exactly do we define the "leader(s)" of a clan?

Postby jefjef on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Maybe this is a silly question, but how exactly do we define the "leader(s)" of a clan?

Those that are listed as the CC recognized leaders...

Clans have atleast 1 leader. Some have 2. Some have 3. Some have 4.

Army of GOD torres44cm riskitall25 are the leaders of SoH
jefjef and megaswoman are the leaders of KOA
tokle TheSaxLad blackknight_ TheCrown are the leaders of TNC
bruceswar and foxglove are the leaders of KORT
aaronvollrath is the leader of Fantastic Four Skins
etc.. etc...
Colonel jefjef

Postby aaronvollrath on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 pm

a little bit late, but this sounds like a good idea. some individuals in our clan are very special as evidenced by their forced enrollment in special education classes.
Major aaronvollrath

Postby JBlombier on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 pm

I support this idea. It seems nice to give a special member some more recognition.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 pm

guys im only answer on question, im all ready have 4 sugestions who sleep in submited sugestions,and i dont want to waste time on new sugestion.
Jefjef your sugestion are unique,and give interesting concept to award medals, and you all ready have community support, now only left hard part-to get mod and lack support for implementation.
good luck and you have mine support also. :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:02 pm

I think that all questions have been answered and the criteria seem legitimate to me.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jgordon1111 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Chapcrap is right,jefjef has laid out the proposed criteria for the award.CC community is showing support. Moderators the ball is in your court,are you going to help us out on this one. A simple Aye or Nay,on where you stand would be helpful. Thank you.
Private jgordon1111

Postby QoH on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 pm

And while this is just a response to qwert's mumbo-jumbo, Chemefreak already said that the CDs are working on an MVP medal for each clan war. So there isn't really a need for the same type of medal in a new suggestion. I think that jef's idea of recognizing a player for their contribution, not win achievement, is a huge step for the clan world.

Best suggestion I've seen in a while
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby eddie2 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:55 am

spot on come on mets get this submitted now
Major eddie2

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:34 am

qwert wrote:guys im only answer on question, im all ready have 4 sugestions who sleep in submited sugestions,and i dont want to waste time on new sugestion.

10 pages in 3 days for a sugg its probably a record so it wouldnt be surprising if this got fast tracked a bit.

it a great suggestion and i see no problems with it not being atleast being submitted
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:05 am

Stickied for now. I want people to have some more time to comment on the proposed criteria before submission. I won't make you all wait too long, I promise.

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions