Conquer Club

Make a New Friend Event 2011!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Make a New Friend Event 2011!

Postby anonymus on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 am

i unfoed all people i had on foe from getting my assassin gold, you guys are welcome to play me again if you want..
also tried to join a friendgame but had the wrong pass.. so i guess ill try again now..
/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

Gilligan wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
TheSaxlad wrote:
notyou2 wrote:I don't get this. The staff continues to tell patrons to foe others if they don't like them, yet brings out this program......Is anyone else confused by this lack of direction?

Yes FAMO is the official position.

However sometimes it is nice to give people another chance, maybe they've changed since last time, maybe they've become better? Of course still use the foe list how it should be used, but perhaps give someone on there a chance to redeem themselves?

Not sure what FAMO means, however, thanks for the response. Your explanation seems appropriate at face value.

However, I personnally do not have anyone foed.

My issue is with the senior management. This whole thing seems contrary to their advise and contrary to their actions. They have permanently foed (banned) some players on dubious issues and have since declared permanenet bans no longer exist, yet they are unwilling to allow re-entry of the dubiously permanently banned players. Does this seem in the spirit to you?

I call it two faced bull shit and I believe it is cheap and dishonest. If you are going to make policy then stick with it and right your wrongs.

This is not an act of management...It won't be replacing FAMO (Foe And Move On). Hence the Friend or Unfoe. No one is forcing anyone to do either of these options. If you don't want to unfoe anyone, don't. It's a suggestion, if you will.

As I have stated, I do not have anyone foed on this site, and don't intend to. Therefore, I will not be unfoeing anyone as I can't.
Captain notyou2

Postby Gilligan on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 am

anonymus wrote:i unfoed all people i had on foe from getting my assassin gold, you guys are welcome to play me again if you want..
also tried to join a friendgame but had the wrong pass.. so i guess ill try again now..

PM myself if you want to play in doubles games, or TheSaxlad for singles games.
Captain Gilligan

Postby DogAlmighty on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Over the next hours I will foe everyone on this site except for you.
Major DogAlmighty

Postby Leehar on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

DogAlmighty wrote:Over the next hours I will foe everyone on this site except for you.

Meaning you'll have a new friend? ;)

Notyou2, I think the permanent ban question isn't really for this thread, if you still have concerns over something related to that, then e-tickets would be the solution to redressing your concerns.

(However, I do still think that it may be a valid point to get a clean slate on some offenders if there's due cause to do so.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby HippieBroker on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 am

what a great idea!
That 33 year old guy that rated me poorly...then joined another game with me....got called on that by me...then tried to insult me by calling me gay...so i stooped to his level and called him a poo poo face....then he asked me to teach him how to play on that map...and when i laughed at him, he continued to attempt to insult me...
you are right! He does deserve another chance!

In all seriousness, I think your heart is in the right place entertainment crew. but your heads are planted somewhere firmly up your arse...far enough to start to make you look unattractive! (don't ask how far up there is still attractive...the jury is still out on that one).

Most people don't foe just because they had a bad day! they foe for a reason. and foed they will stay and foed they should stay!
I wonder if the number of C+A's goes up after this event?!?
Cheers
Colonel HippieBroker

Postby Leehar on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:23 am

And a number of foes are also for medal hunters etc, and aren't cleared afterwards. This is a reminder for all those guys, and even who may even have people foed for years now, that perhaps it's time to give them a chance? Eventually nurturing a grudge has to give way...

Otherwise, the principle name of the Event is 'Make a New Friend', if you don't want to unfoe, then just befriend someone else?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 pm

HippieBroker wrote:what a great idea!
That 33 year old guy that rated me poorly...then joined another game with me....got called on that by me...then tried to insult me by calling me gay...so i stooped to his level and called him a poo poo face....then he asked me to teach him how to play on that map...and when i laughed at him, he continued to attempt to insult me...

In all seriousness, I think your heart is in the right place entertainment crew. but your heads are planted somewhere firmly up your arse...far enough to start to make you look unattractive! (don't ask how far up there is still attractive...the jury is still out on that one).

Most people don't foe just because they had a bad day! they foe for a reason. and foed they will stay and foed they should stay!
Cheers

Hippie, I'll be your freind :D And I promise not to call you gay!.... >_> often
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Gillipig on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Leehar wrote:And a number of foes are also for medal hunters etc, and aren't cleared afterwards.

Hm yes I remember I foed a guy who kept joining every single random 1v1 I put up. I sort of had to foe him :) . He is still on my foe list but that's because after he lost all 6 or 7 games we played he started calling me names and spamming my wall :lol: . Now that I come to think of it I would love to hit him up with a couple of hundred Das Schloss games ;) . He can call me a lucky pussy (I assume he meant cat) and I can earn a couple of hundred points. Fair trade I think.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Floppie on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 pm

I don't have any foes.

I've been placed on foe lists before for reasons such as:

- Failing to follow orders by teammates
- Refusing to agree to diplomacy that wasn't in my interest
- Winning
Corporal 1st Class Floppie

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm actually posting this cause this is driving me nuts. When I first joined the site Greatwhite foed me because I beat him with a team when I was a lowranker. Now I can't join any games he creates. Now that I'm higher can I please be unfoed?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby zimmah on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:I'm actually posting this cause this is driving me nuts. When I first joined the site Greatwhite foed me because I beat him with a team when I was a lowranker. Now I can't join any games he creates. Now that I'm higher can I please be unfoed?

dude, why would you care for such persons in the first place. there's plenty of other people to play with.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:45 am

Leehar wrote:And a number of foes are also for medal hunters etc, and aren't cleared afterwards. This is a reminder for all those guys, and even who may even have people foed for years now, that perhaps it's time to give them a chance? Eventually nurturing a grudge has to give way...

Otherwise, the principle name of the Event is 'Make a New Friend', if you don't want to unfoe, then just befriend someone else?

funny how one of the only guys in my foe list was placed in the foe list on advice by the mods.

and it's pretty recently too.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby stockpicker on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:53 pm

group hug....what if you never foe'd anyone can you participate ?
\
Corporal 1st Class stockpicker

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:44 pm

I think I will foe all my friends
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Cheers

I might have to un-foe you for such a great response and I am not being sarcastic =D> =D> =D>
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 pm

i just discovered someone on my foe list from when i was chasing medals, so i removed them.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:15 am

All the rest of the make a new friend invites that have been sent to me will be done today!

Remember the end of the celebrations are tomorrow so get your request in quickly
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Leehar on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:02 am

stockpicker wrote:group hug....what if you never foe'd anyone can you participate ?
\

Just make some friends :-$
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby TheSaxlad on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Still got some games to be filled! PM me or Gilligan to join up!
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby anonymus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Cheers

i think that is between you and me.. also reported for sharing personal information :mrgreen:

Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby TeeGee on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:46 am

I'm giving everyone on my foe list a 2nd chance.. just about to go clear it now :)

edit: done

Your foes:
To remove usernames select them and click submit.
No foes currently defined
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Gilligan on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:43 pm

If anyone wants any more games, send them! We are now allowing more than 3 games.
Captain Gilligan

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Tell you what, for only ONE YEARS PREMIUM I will unfoe all ;) what a steal!

How bad do you want us making friends? :D

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jefjef on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:44 pm

I made a new friend in my dubs game and we decimated someone who happened to be one of my favorite foe additions. A well deserved ass whooping. 8-)
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives