Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sniper08 wrote:nice start koonitz, i got a few thoughts:
1)i think you need different colours for the troop bonuses as all bonuses the same green are gonna be difficult to understand even with the labeling.
2) i think you should use a carrier icons for hermes and invincible(i think they were the 2 carriers if my memory serves right)
3) the british had subs that sunk the argentine ship belgrano which sidelined the entire argentine navy so inluding a sub would be most wise
4)you show the military units but not the towns adding a few towns might be a good idea and lets say hold 3 towns for a bonus could be added aswell.
5) the planes generally attacked the ships throughout the war so having landing points on the island seems kinda out of place IMO.
thats all for now, ill go brush up on the war and come back with some new thoughts for next update
thehippo8 wrote:Carry on Koontz ... must be something to do with the weather but I note a distinct lack of chatting at the mo! In fact, lack of response is probably the great unwashed's way of giving you the thumbs up - if they don't like it they will say!
Only commennt I can make is for you to consider defining the boundaries a bit more (ie the difference between the original and the replacement graphs I did - the defining of the lines in a 3-dish way made them pop out - maybe you could do something similar?).
Otherwise it looks well thought out to me!
Victor Sullivan wrote:I'll admit I've been lurking. Just gathering my thoughts on the concept and gameplay is all.
I wanted to stay away from the subs because of the Belgrano. This is a bit of a touchy subject with the Argentines and the Brits. If others think it is OK, then will add it later.
Sniper08 wrote:ok to start off
1) you need to increase the neutrals of the aircraft as they are too important to be left at 2s
2) instead of having the ships are terr you can connect each with dots? idk about this one its just a thought.
3) put impassibles(the pic) into legend and redesign the woods or trees impassable as it doesnt look good imo.
4)I BN can stand to lose a terr and drop to a + 3 as there are a lot of + 4 out there so some evenness is needed.
5) again i come back to it i think you need to include subs in this as they were a huge part of the war.the argentines had the Santa fe and the british had some subs aswell
6) perhaps thrown in south sandwich island & south georgia aswell?
7)2 BN needs to be redesigned as you need to defend all the terr in that bonus just to hold it.
8)perhaps add swords icons at the important battle sites and give like a +2 for every 2 held?
9)instead of just circles as LZ, make them towns icons but still call them LZ?
10) we look a the ships from the side any chance they can be like the ships on the cuba map? viewtopic.php?f=241&t=145088&hilit=cuba
Flapcake wrote:Anohter cool from Koontz
My comment, the subs look wird placed, I know they are obstacles. I dont know if ther was any subs that participated in the Falklands war ? I think they would look More natrual if they was aling with the fleet, maby deep-water bombs could replace them for obstacles ?
koontz1973 wrote:isaiah40 wrote:Stickied for now. Will get this stamped in a couple.
Thanks isaiah, wondering where everyone was.
pamoa wrote:very nice map
maybe the aircraft scale should be with some arrow drawn on it to be clearer
1 LZ is it attack (taking control) or just bombard
so the objective of spending so much troops on this scale is to be able to wipe out the map
maybe you should find some way of having unbombardable zone to keep players alive on the map
else you may end with two players stuck in the last 4 levels unable to end the game
may I suggest a more contrasted colour palette
Users browsing this forum: venom7878