Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 56: 05-10-2011] TBK: The Other White King

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 56: 05-10-2011] TBK: The Other White King

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:36 am

Welcome Comrades to the 56th edition of the Dispatch :)

Hey, hey, hey! Sully here with another exciting edition of the CC Dispatch! With Dukasaur's taking over for jricart, the previous Tournament Executive, can you believe I'm now the veteran? :o Makes one think back on his experiences, where he started, etc. I remember when natty_dread was flying the pink flag and "subliminally" recruited me onto his team of Foundry Reporters (and by "subliminally", I mean he made a callout in the Foundry Discussions forum that I never noticed, then a month later I read an issue of the Dispatch and thought it would be fun to write for the Foundry section). I remember dolomite13's short stint as the Foundry Executive, then when I took over around Issue 43. Can you believe I've been doing this for 14 issues? *Nostalgic sigh*

Anywho, what I mean to say is, writing for the Dispatch has been one of the greatest privileges I've had on ConquerClub, and I know there are some of you out there that would get just as much, if not, more enjoyment out of writing on our staff. We're always looking for writers and reporters, but we are particularly in need now! As you may have noticed, the Freestyle section has been bare for a time now, and safariguy5 needs your help! And if you're interested in another team, I bet Dukasaur and Leehar would love to have a couple new reporters, as would I. ;)

Anywho, as we eagerly await what follows the Round Limits update, just sit back, sip a cup of tea, and enjoy the issue. We've got an interview with good ol' The Bison King (responsible for such maps as Thyseneal, Celtic 7 Nations and California), the Tournament Team's WorldCup4James has his first article for you all, the Foundry section is looking sexier than ever, and either horsemen are getting spanked by monkeys, or the monkeys are being trampled by Armageddon-esque equines. I hope you enjoy the issue just as much as we have putting it together!

show

Victor Sullivan - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again lovers of the Freestyle Section. It is with a heavy heart that I announce that nagerous is stepping away from the newsletter to focus on his other mod obligations. He was a model executive who's tireless pursuit of- oh screw it. He was a fun guy who made sure the section went out on time and kept the writers contributing.

In other news, a few of my writers have either disappeared (I have no idea why and am positive I'm not involved) or are experiencing technical difficulties. If you would like to write for the Freestyle Section or have an article idea you'd like me to write about, please shoot me a PM.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of The Bison King

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments. This issue we again have our three regular features, but with a twist. The TPA Update is presented by regular contributor angola and Join This? Or Not! is presented by regular contributor sonicsteve. Meet The Tournament Winners, however, is for the first time in seven months written by someone other than me!

Please join me in welcoming the newest Tournament section reporter, WorldCup4James! James is no stranger to the world of Tournaments, having a Tournament Victory Cup and 6 Tournament Contribution Medals to his credit, with several others on the way. He jumped right in and produced an excellent interview with deantursx.

Starting soon, I intend to supplement our Meet the Tournament Winners feature with Meet the Tournament Organisers and Meet the Tournament Directors. This will require some help, I think. Adding James to the team has been a big step, but I think we could definitely use one or two more new reporters. If you write coherently and accurately, and if the world of CC tournaments fascinates you, then this might be the place for you. Please drop me a PM!

In the meantime, please enjoy this issue of War Games!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners! by WorldCup4James
show: deantursx interview

TPA update by angola
show

Join This? Or Not! by sonicsteve
show

Hello again! You've already read enough of me, I'm sure, so I'll keep it short and sweet. Map Spotlight is back with a look at declan.west's Gondwanaland, koontz is back with part 2 of "Sequels and Revamps", thehippo8 gives us the 411 on popular and not so popular maps, and Oliver tries something new! Enjoy! :)

Victor Sullivan
Foundry Executive

Stampage Update by Victor Sullivan
show

Map Spotlight: Gondwanaland by Victor Sullivan
show

Sequels and Revamps (Part two) koontz1973
show

The MOLE Report by thehippo8
show

How many different maps can be? by Oliver F.A.
show

This week we have relatively slim pickings after a bumper crop last week, where we have a short tale on Tofu's demise by Chariot of Fire with interviewee Ace Rimmer.
Also included is a TSM-THOTA Conquer Cup 2 update by former Dispatch writer Georgerx7di, and a flashback to the past as we look at his Clan War update 18 months ago on the match between these two epic clans which resulted in a 1600 post, and 17000 views behemoth widely regarded as engendering the most electrifying clan war in the history of the game, with intense action as much on as off the board. It's also intriguing how much of a similar course the war has taken, with the current and likely scores almost identical to the dispatch article in Issue 23.

In other news competition continues to heat up the clan scene in the respective tournaments under way. PM me if you have your own clans tale of triumphs to share, and I give props to RA trips master sekretar, for being part of the privileged 150 to achieve a star =D>

Leehar
Clan Executive

Tofu Dissolution by Chariot of Fire (Empire)
show

TSM vs THOTA by Georgerx7di (TSM)
show

Flashback: TSM vs. THOTA Update: Feb 2010 by Georgerx7di (TSM) and Incandenza (THOTA)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Dako. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Dako

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to safariguy5 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 56: 05-10-2011] TBK: The Other White

Postby natty dread on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:04 am

qwert wrote:Definitly Yugoslavia map. I present these project in Signatyre,naty notice,and in speed of light very fast create map,who are look gray,uncolory dead,and present in bad way country,who are need to be colourfull ,live map,with many pictures,and things.

Oh for fucks sake, like I have nothing better to do than stalk some guys signatures looking for map ideas... :roll:

You can feel how you want about my maps, I don't really care, but when you start claiming I only make a map because I'm copying your signature, that's just really fucking retarded.

--- on a lighter note, good issue, good work newsletter guys.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Qwert on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:13 am

usa 120
aor 2 103
aor 1 70
doodle earth 177
luxembourge 142
arms 211
-----------------
well pelo have 290 and europe 1914 have 270 active games-strange how some maps in 25 september fail so down,or you dont check all 184 maps for active games.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:16 am

So here is the update. Out of the first 40 games, 29 are complete with a score of 17-14 with TSM in the lead.

Great to have a maths teacher in the clan. George's optimism knows no bounds!
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Dako on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 am

Yeah, I found it fishy as well that he had a formula as his avatar!
Colonel Dako

Postby Leehar on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 am

Lol, that was my fault, updated the current score yesterday but forgot to edit the completed game part :oops:
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dako on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 am

Stamps section:
Gettysburg by Minister X - stamped 23 September 2011
Denmark by Flapcake - stamped 23 September 2011

Links point to the same location.
Colonel Dako

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 am

next mission brief is still the template
edit: also whats this
?25: Post the username of a Writer, Reporter or Executive in the Forum Games thread.

*Special Rule* - No repeats! Triple points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd!
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Dako on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 pm

It is related to the make a friend forum game.
Colonel Dako

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Dako wrote:Stamps section:
Gettysburg by Minister X - stamped 23 September 2011
Denmark by Flapcake - stamped 23 September 2011

Links point to the same location.

Oh, yes! I do believe I forgot to change the url. I'll fix that right up.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby mviola on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks TBK!
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby RjBeals on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Widows has a nukes map in beta?
Private RjBeals

Postby Incandenza on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 pm

RjBeals wrote:Widows has a nukes map in beta?

Yep, and you managed to create the original Middle Earth map several months before you joined the site. Will wonders never cease?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby The Bison King on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 am

mviola wrote:Thanks TBK!

No problem dude, Thundercats ho!

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:03 am

qwert wrote:... or you dont check all 184 maps for active games.

Mortally wounded ... lol ... seriously it took hours to check it all ... I was surprised too ... but then it was only a snapshot in time ... it will be interesting to see comparisons over time.
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 am

Here is a little correction to the dispatch in regards to the revamps.
This is teh exact answer I gave to the question about revamps in my interview.

Well these revamps really need to be divided into two groups: Competition Revamps and Non-competitive.

When there was a competition to revamp a map I entered most of them. Canada, Indochina, Centerscape and Germany were all the competitions that I “won”. I say “won” because I truly did not win Centerscape, Rj beat me by a mile and I just came in and cleaned up some GP, connections and other things for him after he got busy outside of CC. I really only did 15% (maybe) of that work. Midgard is Rj’s map.
And if Rj had entered the Germany revamp, there is no way I would have come close to winning. I saw his entry but he never finished it.

But to get back to the question of why I revamped these, I like competition and I like making maps.
As far as the non-competitive, these maps were in need of a revamp and the foundry was in a state where competitions were not really there yet. I contacted the original maker of Circvs Maximvs and Montreal to ask. Once he agreed we worked together to make sure the spirit was kept but the graphics cleaned up.

Also game play is not my strong point. I can do it ok and I have come up with a few other maps that play pretty good but I like the idea of taking a fixed set of rules (the old map) and just making it better looking.

Just FYI
Major WidowMakers

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 am

And if anyone wants to know what this quote of mine is referring to in regards to a map of mine I would revamp....
WidowMakers wrote:It is called NUKES!

Here you go. Can you guess what i revamped? :-)

http://gyazo.com/46f70f358cb911fcae531c28cb339b71.png
Major WidowMakers

Postby DiM on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 am

WidowMakers wrote:And if anyone wants to know what this quote of mine is referring to in regards to a map of mine I would revamp....
WidowMakers wrote:It is called NUKES!

Here you go. Can you guess what i revamped? :-)

not really :-s

can i ask the public? or maybe call a friend? 8-[
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Leehar on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 am

Arms Race, What do I win? :D
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dako on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 am

WidowMakers wrote:Here you go. Can you guess what i revamped? :-)

It is hilarious how wrong your Russian translation is.
Colonel Dako

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:43 am

Dako wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:Here you go. Can you guess what i revamped? :-)

It is hilarious how wrong your Russian translation is.

Actually it is hilarious how bad the online translators are.
I will admit I do not know Russian at all (obviously) but I assumed the translators did.
But several different ones give me different things.

What do these say specifically if you don't mind me asking and what should they look like?
Major WidowMakers

Postby Dako on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 am

Вниз == downsides (noun, direction)
огонь == fire
готовая боеголовка == ready warhead (ready as in ready state)
готовый к запуску == ready to launch (the ending -ый means it is related to male gender while this should be either in female gender or as a verb)
компьтерный == computer (adjective)
ракетное топливо == rocket fuel (noun)
готовые двигатели == ready engines

If you want correct translations you'd better send me English version so I can translate it. As I know most status reports in military end with verbs (ready, go, fueled, check). The same goes for Russian so I assume the translation will not be the direct translation. Well, if that is what you have intended.
Colonel Dako

Postby Georgerx7di on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:22 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:
So here is the update. Out of the first 40 games, 29 are complete with a score of 17-14 with TSM in the lead.

Great to have a maths teacher in the clan. George's optimism knows no bounds!

Thanks LC, glad somebody read my piece : P As for my prediction, I think its going to be right on, either 22 or 23 wins for us, score is now 20-15 :D
Major Georgerx7di

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:40 pm

edited
Last edited by WidowMakers on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major WidowMakers

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey WidowMakers and Dako, I'm going to have to ask you two to take your conversation to PMs, as it is going off-topic. Thanks! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Next

Return to Newsletter Issues