Conquer Club

[MED] Special Clan member contribution achievement award.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Special Clan member achievement award.

Postby jefjef on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Stickied for now. I want people to have some more time to comment on the proposed criteria before submission. I won't make you all wait too long, I promise.

Thank you Mets! 8-)
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Sniper08 wrote:
qwert wrote:guys im only answer on question, im all ready have 4 sugestions who sleep in submited sugestions,and i dont want to waste time on new sugestion.

10 pages in 3 days for a sugg its probably a record so it wouldnt be surprising if this got fast tracked a bit.

it a great suggestion and i see no problems with it not being atleast being submitted

Fast tracked!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Anthrax821 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 am

great idea.

make it a new medal at least
Captain Anthrax821

Postby eddie2 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 pm

well i was drawn into the jefjef peanutsdad(head of cla) arguement v metsfan to much. but was chemefrank not sayiing they were organising a medel for mvp of winning clan. would this not be better 1 win = 1 random medal instead of 4 wins = 1 medal
Major eddie2

Postby chapcrap on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:21 pm

eddie2 wrote:well i was drawn into the jefjef peanutsdad(head of cla) arguement v metsfan to much. but was chemefrank not sayiing they were organising a medel for mvp of winning clan. would this not be better 1 win = 1 random medal instead of 4 wins = 1 medal

The medal/award that jefjef is proposing isn't associated directly to wins. It's for contribution to the betterment of the clan. Wins are a small part, but my feeling is that more weight will be given to other things.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:50 am

chapcrap wrote:
eddie2 wrote:well i was drawn into the jefjef peanutsdad(head of cla) arguement v metsfan to much. but was chemefrank not sayiing they were organising a medel for mvp of winning clan. would this not be better 1 win = 1 random medal instead of 4 wins = 1 medal

The medal/award that jefjef is proposing isn't associated directly to wins. It's for contribution to the betterment of the clan. Wins are a small part, but my feeling is that more weight will be given to other things.

ALL weight should be given to other things
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jefjef on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:19 am

Anthrax821 wrote:great idea.

make it a new medal at least

It would be cool to have a special medal but unfortunately getting new medals are a bit difficult and a slow process. This could be implemented immediately using the current achievement medal. The details would show the reason for the award so people could see it wasn't just for a war win.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby eddie2 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:46 am

chapcrap wrote:

no you are missing it chemefreak has said they are organising a mvp (most valuble player) award for clans winning a war. so for a mvp award the clan mods would have to contact the war organiser of the winning clan to see who he feels was there mvp. so work it out in your head.

in 1 year if you win 4 wars you get 4 mvp medals to hand out to clan.(which is part of jefs terms that a clan must win a war) not 1 at the end of each year. maybe the clan mods can use the medal style idea, but if this sug goes through it will mean that each clan could possibly get less medals to award than what clan mods are already discussing.
Major eddie2

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:33 am

eddie2 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

no you are missing it chemefreak has said they are organising a mvp (most valuble player) award for clans winning a war. so for a mvp award the clan mods would have to contact the war organiser of the winning clan to see who he feels was there mvp. so work it out in your head.

in 1 year if you win 4 wars you get 4 mvp medals to hand out to clan.(which is part of jefs terms that a clan must win a war) not 1 at the end of each year. maybe the clan mods can use the medal style idea, but if this sug goes through it will mean that each clan could possibly get less medals to award than what clan mods are already discussing.

I already wrapped my head around it. Can you wrap your head around the fact that both of their ideas can happen? They are awarded for 2 different things.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Since this suggestion currently learns towards the 1 medal per clan per year idea, there are some questions about how that would work exactly. Are clans supposed to submit for this award:
A. Once per calendar year at any point during that year.
B. Exactly 1 year (~365 days) after that clan's medal was awarded previously.
C. Are all clans submit their decision on a specific date?

Should clans be allowed to award the medal to the same person year after year?

Should there be any limitations on what criteria a clan can use to award this medal? (IE Is simply being the best at wars in the clan a valid reason?) Related, are the Clan Directors allowed to reject an award if they feel the reason is not good enough/does not meet whatever criteria may be decided upon? If clan directors are allowed to veto an application what level of strictness should they apply? This can range from only vetoing obvious joke applications to doing serious investigations to determine if that individual's contribution is truly "good enough" for the medal. Or do you want there to be no Director oversight at all, apart from checking eligibility?
Last edited by spiesr on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:30 pm

spiesr wrote:Since this suggestion currently learns towards the 1 medal per clan per year idea, there are some questions about how that would work exactly. Are clans supposed to submit for this award:
B. Exactly 1 year (~356 days) after that clan's medal was awarded previously.

Should there be any limitations on what criteria a clan can use to award this medal? (IE Is simply being the best at wars in the clan a valid reason?) Related, are the Clan Directors allowed to reject an award if they feel the reason is not good enough/does not meet whatever criteria may be decided upon? If clan directors are allowed to veto an application what level of strictness should they apply? This can range from only vetoing obvious joke applications to doing serious investigations to determine if that individual's contribution is truly "good enough" for the medal. Or do you want there to be no Director oversight at all, apart from checking eligibility?

First, a year is 365.

I would say on the anniversary of the clans. Of course, it would not be the responsibility of the CDs to send out reminders to make sure that that clans get their submissions in. Clans are responsible for that themselves. I would say that the same person could win multiple times. It just depends on how much he/she has helped the clan within that year. I would think that most clans might try to spread the love around. And I do think that the CDs should have the right to reject a submission if it is outlandish, but with only 1 per year per clan, I think that whoever the clan wants to give it to would be deserving.

The help could come in the form of Clan War wins, but I think that is a small part of helping out a clan. There are other things inside the clans that aren't seen from the outside, that help out more than just a good winning percentage in the wars.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 am

this award should have nothing to do with wins.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 am

I believe jefjef's proposal wasn't based on wins it was based on clan member contribution,to be given to the member who contributed the most to his/her clan for various other types of in clan situations.
Private jgordon1111

Postby jefjef on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:52 am

spiesr wrote:Since this suggestion currently learns towards the 1 medal per clan per year idea, there are some questions about how that would work exactly. Are clans supposed to submit for this award:
B. Exactly 1 year (~365 days) after that clan's medal was awarded previously.

If cc approves this many of your questions would be decided by them.

I would think for ease January would be the calendar year for issuance of this award. That way the CD's won't need to track 40 some clans birthdays. No need for them to have more to do. It should be the clan leaders responsibility to contact the CD's and request the award to be issued within a certain time frame like the Month of January.

As for criteria: Leave it to the clan leaders discretion whatever reason they feel someone deserves the award. I know who I would issue one to today. And no it has nothing to do with war wins/game play. But if some other clan leader wants to award this to someone who has played the most war games or is undefeated that would be up to them. With that said we leaders will need to be careful/judicial in awarding this cuz if someone gets it that isn't the most deserving then you run the risk if losing the extra behind the scene contributions of the offended member.

Some clans may even want to utilize a members vote to decide. I can not believe that there would be any "joke" nominations. There is criteria to be met - Min 1 year in clan - Min 1 year active clan - Min 4 medal wars and participation in those wars.
Colonel jefjef

Postby eddie2 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:26 am

well would it not be better pushing for the special award chemefreak was talking about earlier. you are talking about 1 award per year for your most valid player. chemefreak and clan mods are at present discussing 1 award per winning clan for most valid player so in real theory what this sug is doing is changing what clan mods are already discussing . AKA as a clan at present have a few valuble players who do extra work for the clan.

aka members are as follows.
far2ezee= has created a off site database for clan info and keeps it up to date.
razorvich+ dorsettrob+far2ezee= helped loads during my recient 1 month forum ban
wille e cyote= runs all our training games.
enormantitz wilkinc aligator_al studster9143 proberly 4 of the clans strongest players who are always checking games and making sure the clan comunicate in game.

now we look at the 2 things being discussed.
jefjefs sug
to award all these players a medal it would take 8 years.
clan mods ideas.
this would take 8 war wins which is about correct.

think of it if you are playing loads of wars but never winning you cant really say you have a player worthy of a special award for contribution. because if you not winning there not doing it correct. I am still for this sug but think it would be better putting it together with what clan mods are all ready discussing.
Major eddie2

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 am

It would be nice if said team members would contribute their input to this.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am

I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.
Major Bones2484

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm

eddie2 wrote:well would it not be better pushing for the special award chemefreak was talking about earlier. you are talking about 1 award per year for your most valid player. chemefreak and clan mods are at present discussing 1 award per winning clan for most valid player so in real theory what this sug is doing is changing what clan mods are already discussing . AKA as a clan at present have a few valuble players who do extra work for the clan.

aka members are as follows.
far2ezee= has created a off site database for clan info and keeps it up to date.
razorvich+ dorsettrob+far2ezee= helped loads during my recient 1 month forum ban
wille e cyote= runs all our training games.
enormantitz wilkinc aligator_al studster9143 proberly 4 of the clans strongest players who are always checking games and making sure the clan comunicate in game.

now we look at the 2 things being discussed.
jefjefs sug
to award all these players a medal it would take 8 years.
clan mods ideas.
this would take 8 war wins which is about correct.

think of it if you are playing loads of wars but never winning you cant really say you have a player worthy of a special award for contribution. because if you not winning there not doing it correct. I am still for this sug but think it would be better putting it together with what clan mods are all ready discussing.

Entirely different.

These are unrelated. The MVP award you are speaking of is something CC is considering for war win contribution.

What this suggestion is something for us clan leaders to award to a member that contributes above and beyond to the success of the clan. Whats so hard to understand.

and eddie - check your math. You list 4 names. That would be 4 years.

This sugg has overwhelming support. There are only a couple that are trying to dismiss it and likely for personal reasons...

If you all need I can get plenty of more posters stopping by voicing their support.
Colonel jefjef

Postby chemefreak on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:It would be nice if said team members would contribute their input to this.

Contributed. ;)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Bones2484 wrote:I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.

The reason for the suggested requirement of 4 wars or it's equivalent is to make sure it is an active clan and the award recipient is also active.
Colonel jefjef

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:50 pm

jefjef wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge stipulations applied to the awarding of it.

The reason for the suggested requirement of 4 wars or it's equivalent is to make sure it is an active clan and the award recipient is also active.

Ok, that makes sense. I apologize if I missed it somewhere (long thread), but I assume things like participating in leagues and special challenges would qualify as well?

I guess I would amend my statement to read: I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge wins stipulations applied to the awarding of it.
Major Bones2484

Postby eddie2 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:54 pm

jefjef wrote:
Entirely different.

These are unrelated. The MVP award you are speaking of is something CC is considering for war win contribution.

they are mvp awards what i am saying is merge the 2 of them because they are quiet similar and there is more chance of it getting passed if the 2 were merged to make 1 award with set boundarys.

jefjef wrote:What this suggestion is something for us clan leaders to award to a member that contributes above and beyond to the success of the clan. Whats so hard to understand.

for the last time i am not going against this sug.

jefjef wrote:and eddie - check your math. You list 4 names. That would be 4 years.

lol i typed the names maybe reread it there are more than 4.

jefjef wrote:This sugg has overwhelming support. There are only a couple that are trying to dismiss it and likely for personal reasons...

i am not against it. but the problem i am seeing is that admin won't allow this one and the one clan mods are discussing. i think you hate towards certain members is preventing you from taking whats being said validly (example metsfan asking somthing simple and you going into attack him.)

So like i said have private chat with chemefrank and maybe merge what they are talking about into one big sug.
Major eddie2

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:19 pm

they are mvp awards what i am saying is merge the 2 of them because they are quiet similar and there is more chance of it getting passed if the 2 were merged to make 1 award with set boundarys.

The MVP award that the CD's are looking at is for war performance.

far2eze, To use one of your players as an example, contributes greatly to your clan and may never qualify for an MVP award. Would you not be interested in giving him special recognition for his contributions? I can't imagine why you or anyone wouldn't.

There is a great chance to get this discretionary, non MVP game performance, award passed.

Sorry but 2 people trying to kill this, for whatever reason, is no where close to being just or within the wishes of the clan community. chemefreak, who is a CD, is also in here supporting this non MVP related award.

Bones2484 wrote:
jefjef wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. I apologize if I missed it somewhere (long thread), but I assume things like participating in leagues and special challenges would qualify as well?

I guess I would amend my statement to read: I like the idea of this award and I am highly against there being any clan challenge wins stipulations applied to the awarding of it.

Wins are not required. Only active clan activities.
Colonel jefjef

Postby chapcrap on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:15 pm

eddie2 wrote:i am not against it. but the problem i am seeing is that admin won't allow this one and the one clan mods are discussing. i think you hate towards certain members is preventing you from taking whats being said validly (example metsfan asking somthing simple and you going into attack him.)

I have no hate toward anyone and I think you are wrong. These are 2 separate suggestions for 2 separate things.

You say that you're trying to merge them, but you really aren't. You're just trying to get rid of this one. In what way are you merging? I understand wanting more medals for your clan. But with these being 2 separate ideas, both can be passed. Having jefjef's suggestion, doesn't hinder the CD's MVP idea. It can still go through, even if jefjef's doesn't. There is no reason to "merge." It isn't helpful.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby eddie2 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:56 pm

chapchap think a min about all of this.

jefjef wants to award a medal once a year to the clans most valuble player. but can you actually say a clan with no war wins has a player worthy of a medal. so say

clan a

plays 4 wars during the year all 40 game wars. so there is 160 games. clan a loses 110 games with no war wins. the 1 year passes so clan mods contact clan a's leader for there clans mvp. who does he nominate
the person who runs the training games (they are not winning the games)
the person who researches into the the other clan. (cant be doing this properly)
the person running off site database of games.(can't really be holding acurate database.

but you can still award 1 medal to one of them. but clan mods can refuse it because where is the proof that anything is actually being done by the individual player.

where as you have clan mods idea.

clan b
play 4 wars all 40 game wars win 110 games also winning 3 wars. mods contact after every win asking for mvp. so who do you nominate
the person who runs the training games (they are winning the games)
the person who researches into the the other clan. (they are doing this properly)
the person running off site database of games.(do have a accurate database
the person who wins all there games.

now because you won 3 wars it shows the nominations are doing there job properly. so in that 1 year time period 3 players that are actually doing hard work for the clan get rewarded.(because you can see the results/improvements in the wars) rather than a medal going to a clan that are not improving and not winning anything.

this is what i am meaning chapchap take what jefjef wants to award to a set player for and add it to the idea of the winning clan getting a award for mvp player. it would work a lot better because then clan mods can actually see the clan is progressing admin can see the extra medals are not being handed out for nothing.
Major eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions