Conquer Club

Free to Play Speed Games on Classic Map

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Allow at Least 1 Speed Game per Free player

Postby donkeylove on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:03 pm

turtlerobot wrote:I used to play a long time ago, and I lost my old account.

Is this an admission to being a multi??
Captain donkeylove

Postby anonymus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Yeah, but they are just going to ditch the old account, leaving a ton of accounts taking up more space on the server. Freemium players usually keep it to 1 or 2 other accounts, not play 1 game, ditch, 1 game, ditch, 1 game, ditch.

And most games on this site aren't 2 months. A majority of the games I join, only take about 1-2 weeks, tops. If you are joining big games with settings that generally take a long time to finish, that's the users fault.

Also, many of the normal paying customers don't tend to like playing inexperienced players in speed games. That's why they join them, because you have a good chance that they will play experienced members (Minus the odd cook or cadet that joins).

I guess the suggestion is to allow them 1 speed game at the time, or 1 every hour or 1 every day,, not 1 and than thats it..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:00 pm

anonymus wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Yeah, but they are just going to ditch the old account, leaving a ton of accounts taking up more space on the server. Freemium players usually keep it to 1 or 2 other accounts, not play 1 game, ditch, 1 game, ditch, 1 game, ditch.

And most games on this site aren't 2 months. A majority of the games I join, only take about 1-2 weeks, tops. If you are joining big games with settings that generally take a long time to finish, that's the users fault.

Also, many of the normal paying customers don't tend to like playing inexperienced players in speed games. That's why they join them, because you have a good chance that they will play experienced members (Minus the odd cook or cadet that joins).

I guess the suggestion is to allow them 1 speed game at the time, or 1 every hour or 1 every day,, not 1 and than thats it..

/ :?:

I don't get why we should. It takes away from the paying customer. Plus we do have times throughout the year when Freemiums can play speed games on certain maps.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:53 pm

donkeylove wrote:
turtlerobot wrote:I used to play a long time ago, and I lost my old account.

Is this an admission to being a multi??

It was close to an admission, but I got the admission in chat. He has been busted.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jgordon1111 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:37 pm

you are one awesome dude Evil, way to go. And going to have to say forgiven is right,do not want that many noobs running amok in the speed games
Private jgordon1111

Postby chapcrap on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 am

I do support the occasional speed game for freemiums, but not 1 all the time. Pay up cheapo!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:56 am

chapcrap wrote:I do support the occasional speed game for freemiums, but not 1 all the time. Pay up cheapo!

They get this, like at Halloween, St. Patty's, and the World cup (And any other holiday we do free speed games on).
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ask me2 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm

I agree, this is a terrible idea.
Major ask me2

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:43 am

Can I suggest that suggestions by busted multis to improve free accounts are immediately moved to Rejected?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 am

This was on the fast track to Rejected anyway, but the viability of a suggestion has little to do with the person who initially cooked it up.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Free to play Speed Games on Classic Map

Postby cooldeals on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Concise description:
  • Speed Games on the Classic Map should be available to Freemium Members

Specifics/Details:
  • Create a new tab in "Join A Game" for "Join Classic Speed Games".
  • This tab will be the default tab when "Join A Game" is clicked.
  • All Games on this tab will be Speed Games with basic settings (Esc, Sunny, Automatic Deployment, 5 min turns, 6 players, standard).
  • These games will only be on the Classic Map.
  • These games will be open to Freemium members.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will increase the retention rate of new players
  • This will give new players a taste of the best part of the site for average players looking for a classic risk type game online
  • This will still encourage players to buy premium
  • Ends the problem of a player's first game being on a map they don't understand
  • Ends the problem of player's going to pogo.com to play risk after they realize they have to wait 24 hours to play again, and never coming back.
  • This change will not cause other significant problems in the current way the site operates
  • These settings are more fair to newcomers and limit the free options.
Last edited by cooldeals on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Colonel cooldeals

Re: Free to play Speed Games on Classic Map

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Hmmm ... very interesting. If it gave players a preview of speed and caused more players to pay and or stay, then I'm for it. Cool idea.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm

I think speed games is one of the biggest thing that people pay for. I'm not sure that this would increase revenue... Although, I do like more people on the site. So, if that would do it, then I don't know that I'd have a major issue myself.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32 pm

I think speed classic with limited settings would get old for a lot of people real quick. This site offers a wide range of maps and settings, as well as the option to play in real time. We already give freemies a taste of all the maps and settings 4 at a time, why not throw them some speed games? Even limiting the options, they would still get a better experience than Pogo.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Hornet95 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Quick point of information: Give freemies access to 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5-minute classic
-OR- 5 minute only?

I'd be in favor of 5-minute only. 1, 2, 3 and 4 gives away too much.

Also, I wonder if there would be a way to limit it on freemiums to 10, 25, 50, or 100 speed games per month?
Colonel Hornet95

Postby cooldeals on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Hornet95 wrote:Quick point of information: Give freemies access to 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5-minute classic
-OR- 5 minute only?

I'd be in favor of 5-minute only. 1, 2, 3 and 4 gives away too much.

Also, I wonder if there would be a way to limit it on freemiums to 10, 25, 50, or 100 speed games per month?

To be honest, I don't think 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 makes a difference in whether people will pay or not. I'd actually say only 3-5 because 1-2 minute turn times are actually a disadvantage to someone new to the site. (I've added this info into my OP. Thanks for your comment).

Limiting freemiums on total speed games, might not be a bad idea, but I don't think it should be too restrictive. I can go to other sites and get the same experience I am describing here for free with no limit on games played. People on that site pay for even more minute feature upgrades than playing speed on all the amazing maps on CC.
Last edited by cooldeals on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby cooldeals on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 pm

A speed game on Classic is what the vast majority of newcomers to the site are looking for and I think the retention rate would increase if we gave that to them. When Conquer Club comes up on google the search findings say "Play online. Risk your game." That hits searches for "play risk online" and "online risk game" perfectly free of liability. The site developers know that's what new players are searching for. Let's give that to them and make it the first thing they see when they click "Join A Game". Let's avoid my experience where I clicked on "Join a Game" and the filtered results (they filter out Das Scholls, etc from New Recruits) showed 10 games of Halloween Hallows where I was attacked all over from Wicked the Witch without mercy. Had I not had great dice and won I probably would have just quit and left the site due to the 24 hour waits. Had I not joined right before Whac-A-Mod and got to try speed games free, I would have never bought premium.

We all know many people are cheap and just RT, but even if the percentage of active members paying doesn't change due to this, I think the percentage of active members would increase due to increased retention of new recruits, and thus the total number of paying members would also increase. People will get tired of playing classic on speed. There are many people who leave this site that would pay for it's features if they only got a better taste before they abandoned it.

Also, like I said in a previous post. I can get this same gaming experience (speed on classic) at other sites for free. Why should newcomers come here and stay when they get speed on classic somewhere else free. That's what they are looking for. That's what most all of us were looking for when we came here.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby Hornet95 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Another quick comment: us freemios get quasi-speed games by looking for 1v1 games started by a fellow freemium. We all know we want speed games. And, most of us are THAT cheap.
Colonel Hornet95

Postby cooldeals on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Hornet95 wrote:Another quick comment: us freemios get quasi-speed games by looking for 1v1 games started by a fellow freemium. We all know we want speed games. And, most of us are THAT cheap.

cooldeals wrote:We all know many people are cheap and just RT, but even if the percentage of active members paying doesn't change due to this, I think the percentage of active members would increase due to increased retention of new recruits, and thus the total number of paying members would also increase.

Like I said before. The percentage of freeloaders will probably stay the same, but if you increase the pool, you still increase revenue. And I think this suggestion would increase retention by quite a bit. It's not like CC has much to lose. This is a very limited gametime that is free elsewhere and needed for competition and user retention.

PS. I love how you are playing devil's advocate on this as a freemie. Let it be known that Hornet95 will still not buy premium if this is changed which has a net effect of $0.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby natty dread on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 am

Why only on classic map?

They should be able to play any map.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:48 am

I personally agree with it on Classic map. For new players, it will give them the experience they were looking for when they join, a quick game, probably on the map they grew up with. It won't give away the whole perk of speed games away, and will still give the Entertainment team to do the whole free speed games to Freemiums on certain maps. Got a thumbs up from me.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 am

chapcrap wrote:I think speed games is one of the biggest thing that people pay for. I'm not sure that this would increase revenue... Although, I do like more people on the site. So, if that would do it, then I don't know that I'd have a major issue myself.

From a freemium perspective myself, I think this should really be limited in scope to new players of some sort (maybe those with less than 25 games played or something). Enough to give the newbies a real taste for the speed games, and get them wanting more (instead of getting stuck in their four games having to wait longer than 24 hours just to make one move).

For folks like me, I think this would be a negative from a money-making standpoint because, as chapcrap poitns out, speed games are one of the biggest things that people pay for.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby LFAW on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:06 am

Great idea! I would suggest that they could only join/ create one type of classic game and that is the traditional 6 Player, Standard Deployment, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, No Fog matches. It would also be 5 minutes. That way, they would be playing risk in real time (fun and involving) and if you state that you could play the classic map and more with various different settings and time limits for only $25 then perhaps it would increase the number of premium members and thus more people sticking around.
Colonel LFAW

Postby Arama86n on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 am

Make one change to the suggestion. Cap it at 100 games, after that they have to pay (are blocked from playing further free speed games). win win win situation.

great idea. =D>
Major Arama86n

Postby x-raider on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:52 am

Yes. Great Idea. Put a cap, like 50 games.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions