Conquer Club

Jules Verne Contest [Complete]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Jules Verne Contest [Maps 3 to 9 ]

Postby squishyg on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Game 9727839

have held the objective for three rounds. my opponents have neither confirmed nor denied...
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Pandemonium on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:31 pm

squishyg, can you help me out here,
WHEN (what rounds) were you holding the bonus?
I can't see it from the log...
I see you did got the bonus in round 8 and lost it in round 10 - which is not enough
(if you got it in round 8, you should've held in through 9-10-11)
Corporal 1st Class Pandemonium

Postby squishyg on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Pandemonium wrote:squishyg, can you help me out here,
I see you did got the bonus in round 8 and lost it in round 10 - which is not enough

oh, i thought it was enough to have it 8, 9, 10. sigh.... i can't seem to do this objective thing correctly.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby ttblanch on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi, just to tell I hold bonus in game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=9802695 for 3 rnd
Major ttblanch

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am

squishyg wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:squishyg, can you help me out here,

oh, i thought it was enough to have it 8, 9, 10. sigh.... i can't seem to do this objective thing correctly.

It's okay, us Pink Nametags are chosen for our congeniality, not for our brilliance....:-)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I thought it might be about time that I had a look at the team scores so far. Keep in mind that there are still 21 active games, so these scores are not final. Nonetheless, they may give us a decent clue as to which teams will be in the Team Finale.

No surprise that Gael Force is leading the pack with their stunning 228 points. They are the only team that managed to keep all four members alive into the final round. What really impresses me is how well some of the teams with only one or two surviving members are doing. I would also like to give special recognition to torres44cm, the only surviving member of my team. Almost by himself (I got eliminated in game 1, two other team-mates got wiped in game 2) he has dragged our team along to an impressive 98 points, the highest for a team with only 1 surviving member. Some others that are really impressive in that regard are PnC, Seamus76, fairman, and Kennys777. I wish there was a special medal for that.

Anyway, with no further ado, here is,
the Interim Scores by Team

Gael Force 228 (bobzimmerman, Conchobar, VestedPower, Ir1sh Ace)

AT15 193 (fbonsignori, opposites., lorenzol)

AT16 191 (general_c, jrbedwell, rmjw10)

Macedonian Conquer Team 177 (Pandemonium, stevkov)

Essex of CC 164 (dustin800, Sam02)

AT10 146 (rjhankey, bobdakota, alexcata)

notyou2team 133 (davetso, severs)

VDLL1 114 (Pilot 16, Sir Sebstar)

Chapa Quaint Paintball 111 (mlmarcelo, drwar)

The four bags 108 (Darkseb, ttblanch)

The Special Forces 105 (Hook2, JJ41375)

Black Death 98 (torres44cm)

The Unforgiven 94 (duncana, chapcrap)

Justin3F team 87 (Justin3F, McShanester29)

AT08 85 (PnC)

CROUSA 84 (Seamus76)

AT13 78 (Pack Man)

Apocalypse Angels 76 (fairman)

Passepartouts 75 (Kennys777)

The Phileas Frogs 68 (djelebert, Dragon dor)

AT11 68 (Lazyfox)

Quebec Union Jacks 65 (growler)

Zombies Attack 64 (General Redstone)

AT06 63 (no actives)

AT17 60 (demetia13)

CC Distillery 59 (uckuki)

AT07 59 (hotpockets)

The Fantastic Four-Skins 58 (Le Rodent)

Mc Lor team 56 (no actives)

AT23 51 (stofer71)

Sexy Associates 50 (squishyg)

Rankle Wish 49 (Capt. Ivan Drago, the manderson)

AT09 59 (MattiWacklin)

The outsiders 48 (magneto_acolyte)

AT26 44 (no actives)

AT14 42 (King Gary)

AT05 39 (Fewnix)

Vic team 39 (no actives)

AT18 32 (hermey68)

Amigos 31 (cptbeefalo)

AT25 30 (iwillrocku)

AT03 26 (no actives)

Myth_Warriors 23 (no actives)

AT24 23 (no actives)

AT12 23 (no actives)

AT01 23 (no actives)

Inferno 22 (no actives)

GBAOD 20 (no actives)

Book Club 20 (no actives)

AT22 20 (no actives)

AT02 17 (no actives)

AT21 13 (no actives)

The Fourth Crusade 13 (no actives)

VDLL2 10 (no actives)

AT20 10 (no actives)

40kguy team 10 (no actives)

AT19 9 (no actives)

AT04 9 (no actives)

Lufsen75 team 6 (no actives)

Any team with 100 points or more should start thinking about the Team Finale. Not all of you will be there, but there is a good chance of it. Start preparing to replace any team members that have vanished from CC. If you have freemium members, make sure they know they MUST keep 3 slots available.

Note: There may be some inactives who have been erroneously listed as active.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby bobzimmerman on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:43 am

Our success is directly related to our love and respect for each other.
Captain bobzimmerman

Postby Seamus76 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Game 9874597

I have held the bonus objective New Zealand for 2 rounds as needed.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby Bandido on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:55 am

Hi all !

I don't have a team and I would like to play the team challenge.

Do you think it's better to create a new team and ask the other players without team to join me or to join a team with a free spot (player who's quite the game or eliminated) ?

All other solutions :idea: :idea: are welcome.
2012-10-20 23:23:17 - neutral player eliminated madman7 from the game in round - 1
Lieutenant Bandido

Postby PnC on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 am

Hi, i am claiming the bonus on australia 9802698

I would like to know if it is possible to merge teams when they have with less than 4 people ? => in my case, I am alone ...
If we merge the teams, can the scores of each team be summed up to make the total score of the newly created team ?

thx for the reply !
Sergeant PnC

Postby Bandido on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:15 am

I asked some NO-TEAM players if they want to join me and create a new team to play the team challenge.
I got one positive answer and Im waiting for the others. I will let you know.
2012-10-20 23:23:17 - neutral player eliminated madman7 from the game in round - 1
Lieutenant Bandido

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 pm

I will say quite a bit tomorrow when I'm home. Right now I'm on the road and typing on the laptop with its midget keyboard is too much of a pain. Please don't anybody assume that I'm ignoring this issue.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby rjhankey on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Game 9828924

Pending approval / confirmation ... I'm claiming the bonus of Brisbane/Pilbara ... I've had Pilbara for the entire game so far, I picked up Brisbane on my round 12 turn, and have held it successfully through my round 16 turn.

All will be revealed in the game log when the fog lifts. :shock:
Captain rjhankey

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 am

Bandido wrote:Hi all !

Do you think it's better to create a new team and ask the other players without team to join me or to join a team with a free spot (player who's quite the game or eliminated) ?

Bandido wrote:I asked some NO-TEAM players if they want to join me and create a new team to play the team challenge.

This is fine. I think it was always DJENRE's intention to let people who had joined without teams to join them afterward. I also think, that since every team but one is short players, that the existing teams should be allowed to recruit NO TEAM players to join them. There is only one thing that I think would be unacceptable, and that would be for existing teams to poach members from other existing teams.

1. NO TEAM players joining together to form a new team. GOOD
2. Existing teams recruiting NO TEAM players to join them. GOOD
3. Existing teams recruiting players from other existing teams. BAD

As an addendum to the above, however, I would say this: After qualification is complete and the team matches are set, then it might be okay for teams who qualified for the finale to recruit players from teams who didn't make it, as long as the points of such players have not been used to help them qualify. Willing to entertain debate on this point.

I guess I should talk more about the team finale. The top eight teams will be in a bracket playoff. Team 1 will face Team 8, Team 2 will face Team 7, and so on. Third round, Winner of 1/8 faces winner of 2/7, and so on. Third round, winner of 1/8/2/7 faces winner of 3/4/5/6.

Each round will be three games. To give home ice (or home pitch for those of you who don't play hockey, lol) advantage to the higher-ranking team, the higher ranking team in each match will pick 2 maps and the lower-ranking team will pick one map. The maps can ONLY be chosen from those that were used in the tournament: Africa, France, Nordic Countries, Iceland, USA, Lunar War, Arctic, Greenland, South America, Australia, and Oceania. If you qualify to pick 2 maps, they must be 2 different maps from the list. If you are the team only picking one, you can pick any map, and there is no problem with it being the same as a map that the other team chose.

All games will be quads and will use the settings that have been used throughout this tournament: Flat-rate, Foggy, etc.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:23 am

Wow, that U.S.A. game finally ended. I thought for sure they were planning to collect a pension on that map...:-)

17 active games remain.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Pandemonium on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 am

And after a loooong time we have a change in the top 2 on the table, a new player has came in :)
Now at No.1 is fairman !

the top 10 are: (GTF - Games To Finish)

87 - fairman (GTF: 1)
86 - general_c (GTF: 3)
84 - Pandemonium (GTF: 0)
78 - IR1SH ACE (GTF: 1)
75 - dustin800 (GTF: 1)
70 - torres44cm (GTF: 2)
69 - Hook2 (GTF: 2)
69 - Choncobar (GTF: 2)
66 - bobzemmerman (GTF: 1)
66 - Pack Man (GTF: 3)

General_C still has the biggest chance to end up No.1 with 3 games to go, but even Pack Man at No.10 has chances for now.
The only one with 0 chances is Pandemonium ( me :( :P ) with zero games to finish I am now No.3 - I had a terrible run in the last 3 games (0/0/1 point)...
Corporal 1st Class Pandemonium

Postby General Redstone on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Claiming Ice cap in game 9470134
Major General Redstone

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Bandido wrote:Hi all !

Bandido wrote:I asked some NO-TEAM players if they want to join me and create a new team to play the team challenge.

This is fine. I think it was always DJENRE's intention to let people who had joined without teams to join them afterward. I also think, that since every team but one is short players, that the existing teams should be allowed to recruit NO TEAM players to join them. There is only one thing that I think would be unacceptable, and that would be for existing teams to poach members from other existing teams.

As an addendum to the above, however, I would say this: After qualification is complete and the team matches are set, then it might be okay for teams who qualified for the finale to recruit players from teams who didn't make it, as long as the points of such players have not been used to help them qualify. Willing to entertain debate on this point.

I guess I should talk more about the team finale. The top eight teams will be in a bracket playoff. Team 1 will face Team 8, Team 2 will face Team 7, and so on. Third round, Winner of 1/8 faces winner of 2/7, and so on. Third round, winner of 1/8/2/7 faces winner of 3/4/5/6.

Each round will be three games. To give home ice (or home pitch for those of you who don't play hockey, lol) advantage to the higher-ranking team, the higher ranking team in each match will pick 2 maps and the lower-ranking team will pick one map. The maps can ONLY be chosen from those that were used in the tournament: Africa, France, Nordic Countries, Iceland, USA, Lunar War, Arctic, Greenland, South America, Australia, and Oceania. If you qualify to pick 2 maps, they must be 2 different maps from the list. If you are the team only picking one, you can pick any map, and there is no problem with it being the same as a map that the other team chose.

All games will be quads and will use the settings that have been used throughout this tournament: Flat-rate, Foggy, etc.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I thought I'd better clarify something, before somebody gets the wrong idea and we end up with pissed-off people.

There is a distinction between recruiting players to help you QUALIFY for the final, and to help you PLAY in the final.

It would be unfair, I think, to let a team add a high-scoring NO TEAM player to help them qualify for the finals. You chose whatever team you started with, and if those players turned out to be not as good or reliable as you hoped, then so be it. That is the nature of competition. It would be unfair to the successful teams to let someone pass them at the last minute because of adding a new player's scores to their total.

Existing NO TEAM players banding together to form a new team is another story entirely. That is completely okay, because it was always intended for you to join teams at some point along the way.

Item 2 on that list is perfectly good to recruit players to help you PLAY in the final. Since it is a Quads series, obviously you will need to have four players. However, you cannot add their points to your total to help you qualify.

Just wanted to clarify, in case my previous post was too vague.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Pandemonium wrote:The only one with 0 chances is Pandemonium ( me :( :P ) with zero games to finish I am now No.3 - I had a terrible run in the last 3 games (0/0/1 point)...

Sorry to hear that, man. Oh well, you had a great run at the front of the pack, as long as it lasted.

Well done!

=D> =D>
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:36 pm

rmjw10 wrote:just to let you know I have held new zealand for two rounds

rmjw10

ok
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 am

lazyfox wrote:Hi Dukasaur,

In game Game 9727840 i'am holding the objectives lots of rounds, and nothing happens in my favour. Did I missed anything?

Lazyfox

Nothing will happen until the game ends. If your claim is valid (meaning you held it for three rounds, while at least four players were still alive) then you will get the 10 bonus points added to your score. We can't actually review the logs until the game is over and the fog is lifted.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Hook2 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't know if anyone claimed this bonus or not. Don't think they did. I won the game and held the bonus at the end if no one claimed it already. Game 9828924.

Thanks,
Hook
Major Hook2

Postby Bandido on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi
We are 3 no-team players. We are looking for another player to complete our team.
Please PM me if interested.
Lieutenant Bandido

Postby kennys777 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 am

Held New Zealand for 2 rounds, waiting on confirmation from last 3 players (4 with me)...Game 9874592

2011-10-30 09:52:17 - Incrementing game to round 20
2011-10-30 12:23:34 - davetso received 3 troops for holding ?
2011-10-30 12:23:34 - davetso received 4 troops for holding ?
2011-10-30 12:23:34 - davetso received 4 troops for holding ?
2011-10-30 12:23:34 - davetso received 5 troops for 17 regions
2011-10-30 12:24:19 - davetso deployed 5 troops on ?
2011-10-30 12:24:31 - davetso deployed 6 troops on ?
2011-10-30 12:24:41 - davetso deployed 5 troops on ?
2011-10-30 12:24:54 - davetso assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from fairman
2011-10-30 12:25:26 - davetso reinforced ? with 2 troops from ?
2011-10-30 12:25:26 - davetso ended the turn and got spoils
2011-10-30 13:57:22 - fairman received 3 troops for 11 regions
2011-10-30 13:57:28 - fairman deployed 3 troops on ?
2011-10-30 13:57:31 - fairman ended the turn
2011-10-30 16:36:07 - kennys777 received 2 troops for holding New Zealand
2011-10-30 16:36:07 - kennys777 received 3 troops for 10 regions
2011-10-30 16:36:11 - kennys777 played a set of Nauru, Marshall Islands, and Maluku worth 6 troops
2011-10-30 16:36:15 - kennys777 deployed 11 troops on Northland
2011-10-30 16:36:22 - kennys777 assaulted Tonga from Northland and conquered it from fairman
2011-10-30 16:36:41 - kennys777 ended the turn and got spoils
2011-10-30 17:38:49 - mlmarcelo received 3 troops for 5 regions
2011-10-30 17:38:59 - mlmarcelo played a set of Marquesas Islands, Fiji, and Flores worth 10 troops
2011-10-30 17:39:04 - mlmarcelo deployed 13 troops on ?
2011-10-30 17:39:25 - mlmarcelo assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from kennys777
2011-10-30 17:40:15 - mlmarcelo ended the turn and got spoils
2011-10-30 17:40:15 - Incrementing game to round 21
2011-10-31 17:40:15 - davetso missed a turn
2011-11-01 04:39:07 - fairman received 3 troops for 10 regions
2011-11-01 04:39:08 - fairman deployed 3 troops on ?
2011-11-01 04:39:16 - fairman ended the turn
2011-11-01 07:33:43 - kennys777 received 2 troops for holding New Zealand
2011-11-01 07:33:43 - kennys777 received 3 troops for 10 regions
2011-11-01 07:33:48 - kennys777 deployed 5 troops on Tonga
2011-11-01 07:33:52 - kennys777 assaulted Western Samoa from Tonga and conquered it from fairman
2011-11-01 07:33:58 - kennys777 ended the turn and got spoils
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Bandido wrote:Hi
We are 3 no-team players. We are looking for another player to complete our team.
Please PM me if interested.

Might be a good idea to list the three players and their current scores, so you will know if you have a chance of qualifying for the team final.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012