Conquer Club

UEFA Champions League 2010

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

UEFA Champions League 2010

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:17 am

These will be combination of Bracket and League Tournament.
Player will have choice of 104 European footbal teams to take.
Now i have some question.
I want to make several pots where be teams be taken bu point restrictions, these mean if Someone want to represent FC Barcelonu need to have 2200 points and above. Why i decide these,well Stronger teams like Barcelona, Manchester,Inter,Bayern,or Ajax,will be good to have much experience players, so that competition have streingt like real footbal competition.
point restriction teams
A-above 2200 points
B-above 2000 points
C-above 1800 points
D- no point restriction(free to use any player)

Its these ok with tournament rules?
Last edited by Qwert on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: UEFA Championship Tournament

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 am

As long as all the tournaments are started at the same time (or the restrictions are within a single tournament) and have a fair distribution among all the ranks, then it should be allowed. I don't know if your specifics of 2200/2000/1800/everyone else is a good distribution though.
Major Night Strike

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:01 pm

these is single tournament, and will have 104 players(Footbal teams
when people sign,then will have 4 pots.)
A-above 2200 points-15 footbal teams
B-above 2000 points-30 footbal teams
C-above 1800 points-33 footbal teams
D- no point restriction(free to use any player)-26 footbal teams
System of play will be similar to Uefa Championship,where stronger teams have bye in first stage of competition

"I don't know if your specifics of 2200/2000/1800/everyone else is a good distribution though."
Well you are TD, you maybe have some experience from some former tournaments. You know its very hard to create Some footbal competition related tournament, to have some realistic view,if i take that cook, lead Barcelona or Manchester,and lost in second round from vaduz.
I belive that distribution will be fair, and tournament will be enough balanced to not get to big advantage to high ranked players,but i will work on tournament strycture and will present here so that people give oppinion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:42 pm

well i must say that im supprised,how night strike,instead to answer here,answer in tournament topic,when i open these for discusion.
1.Minimum guidelines? What i brake there?
Winner need to play at least 3 games, in these tournament ,winner will play minumim 72 games,if they start in 4th qualifying round.
For me like TO,its importan that i try to create Replicas of Sports leagues competitions, and its look that people understand that, and they dont complain,they want to play in some realistic competitions. I give small advantage to player who will represent in good way,teams in pot A, and these not mean that nesesery will be winner.
I also play,but i take team in pot C, who will start in 2 qualifying round.Im not create tournament to be easy for me,and definitly not create tournament for these 15 guys in pot A.
Now these is good place to exaine Tournament guidelines,to know where is error.
I know that you are TD, and you can only say "I dont care im mod and im TD,and i dont alove to these tournament work" and you dont even give me any answer at all, but to understand where is error,i need to get answer,and to show me these broken rules.
Please answer here not in tournament topic.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby barterer2002 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:05 pm

The Tournament Directors reserve the right to deny privileges for your tournament if the tournament is deemed to break site or tournament rules, has an unfair structure, or has pertinent settings missing from the tournament description.

Your particular tournament has the highest ranked players getting a 3 round bye. Clearly that falls under unfair structure. Additionally, its something that you didn't mention in your first post here so the TDs could not have anticipated that you'd be trying to create a tournament that was structured to heavily favor the higher ranked players.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 am

well that why i create these topic,to see what its hidden guidelines
""by qwert on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:01 pm

these is single tournament, and will have 104 players(Footbal teams
when people sign,then will have 4 pots.)
A-above 2200 points-15 footbal teams
B-above 2000 points-30 footbal teams
C-above 1800 points-33 footbal teams
D- no point restriction(free to use any player)-26 footbal teams
System of play will be similar to Uefa Championship,where stronger teams have bye in first stage of competition

"I don't know if your specifics of 2200/2000/1800/everyone else is a good distribution though."
Well you are TD, you maybe have some experience from some former tournaments. You know its very hard to create Some footbal competition related tournament, to have some realistic view,if i take that cook, lead Barcelona or Manchester,and lost in second round from vaduz.
I belive that distribution will be fair, and tournament will be enough balanced to not get to big advantage to high ranked players,but i will work on tournament strycture and will present here so that people give oppinion.""

now what its purpose to create Uefa Championship, where FC Barcelona, start in same position like vaduz or some team from faroe issle-where its there realistic aproach of tournament?
I need to know how much its aloved to have bye rounds. If not aloved any bye round,then mine attempt to create interesting,realistic concept of UEfa will fail, because few people dont alove that.
Also i investigate,and any tournament who have name UEFA champions League,its not even close to be UEFA champion league,but some ridiculos competition,where you have high ranked teams play in same rounds.
I need to know details before i can continue.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm not particularly familiar with how UEFA works so maybe I'm not understanding properly. I looked on Wikipedia for my information.

It looks to me like you're looking at the qualifying rounds as well as the championship round itself here.

Here's what I see as the difference between the bye's given by UEFA and the one's you're proposing. In the UEFA system the teams have earned the bye by direct competition in their home leagues that season (not based upon historical pasts). So while Real Madrid may have a bye through the qualifying rounds its not because they're a historically good team but rather because they earned it on the pitch this season.

Your tournament essentially starts the season by saying that there doesn't need to be a direct competition to get those byes but rather that teams that have been better historically (the higher ranking CC players) automatically get one without having to play to earn it.

Its possible that I'm not properly understanding what you're looking at here so feel free, as always, to correct me.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

actualy Uefa have League ranking,where some countries have superior competition,and some dont. Italian,English,France,German,Spanis, are one of best leagues,and they have privileges over Moldavian,Macedonian,Montenegrin,Belarus,Armenian,and other low ranked European leagues. These is nothing with Real MAdrid. If Sevila,or Deportivo,or Vilareall manage to be runer up in spanis league,they will have same privileges like Real Madrid.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

qwert wrote: If Sevila,or Deportivo,or Vilareall manage to be runer up in spanis league,they will have same privileges like Real Madrid.

Which is kind of the point here. These teams have the opportunity to earn their byes on the pitch but here, you're not allowing that, there is no competition for those bye positions which is, at its heart, the issue at hand IMO
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:11 pm

are you propose that i create 52 diferent european leagues?
Uefa Champion League are competition of footbal teams from all members of uefa (over 50 countries).
Nobody so far manage to do that,and i belive in future nobody will do that.
I create Yugoslav Premier league,who are for 20 player,and they last alost a year, and these is quite realistic competition.
CC ranking are good show who can be representative of BArcelona, MAnchester,or Porto.
Its will be little ridiculos to give bye to cook and that Fieldmarshal need to play qualification from start.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lindax on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:30 pm

qwert, I think you need to realize that this is a community of on-line risk players, not a community of professional football clubs.

You simply cannot recreate an European Football League with risk players, nor with the current tournament guide lines. You'll have to cut some corners to make your tournament fit for CC. And giving some players a 3 round bye is not the way....

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:02 am

i solve problem,and with TD find some comprimise solution.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: UEFA Championship Tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 pm

In mine topic tournament in create -Joing something hepend very disturbing-first post missing!!!!
What the hell its going on!!!
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: UEFA Champions League 2010

Postby Qwert on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:37 am

well thanks to night strike,i find who are responsibile for erase post, not ok,and not right that these person dont notify me, but unfortunatly only what i have like power,its to put these person in foe list.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:36 am

qwert wrote:well thanks to night strike,i find who are responsibile for erase post, not ok,and not right that these person dont notify me, but unfortunatly only what i have like power,its to put these person in foe list.

Putting him on your foe list will do absolutely nothing, just so you know.
Major Night Strike

Postby kuma32478 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 pm

This thread amuses me
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Return to Tournament Archives