Conquer Club

Looking for clan

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Looking for clan

Postby misher on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Looking for new clan. Does not post/read forum often as it gets bloody crowded if old posts aren't deleted. Tends to belittle team mates if they screw up (I got kicked from my old clan for this, but seriously if people don't reinforce, read the advice given in chat, atk their own team mates, screw up completely, they should expect some "constructive criticism"). I hate escalating games.

Good points? Damn good player, team games as well as singles. Former office of T4C. About to win TO; Capture the Flag World War I Edition twice, once as top flag raiser and once in the final round where we all compete against each other(again). High ranking, here since 2007, rarely if ever misses turns. Will play any game he's invited to even if I hate it (damn escalating) and is well liked by most players (I think). Great adaptibility, I reached 2700+ during my first 250 games and slowly dropped from there because I was too lazy to keep doing 8 way FFA Freestyle games and kept doing clan games (which tended to lose(They like to put me on the non-dream team lol)). Also I was forced to do escalating games which I hate...even if I do fairly well. I wrote a dice guide that almost everyone belittled...yet im about to win a 1v1 tournament twice and achieve about a 65% win ratio in said tournament which I think implies something. Also I tend to be called a hacker, cheater, etc when I reduce large stack vs large stack with about a 70% win ratio.

Anyway would anyone like to give this player a home? I would appreciate a competitive clan that has high ranking/skilled players to play with. And doesn't have a ton of spam in forums that they expect me to read.

:mrgreen:
Major misher

Re: Looking for clan

Postby jefjef on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 pm

No suitable matches found.

I know a couple solid team play oriented clans that could use another active and experienced player. Igni Ferroque and The Fantastic Four Skins. Pretty good - decent folks. They won't put up with demeaning and belittling partners but they all play a strong team game so your urge to lash out at them would very likely not be necessary.

skillfusniper33 - Igni Ferroque

aaronvollrath - TFFS

Give them a holler.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby misher on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Urge to lash out seems a bit of an overstatement -.-
Major misher

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:53 pm

You have almost no trips and quads experience. I suggest you play more of these, a good clan would want some with experience in all 3 (dubs, trips and quads). Just some constructive criticism.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby misher on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 pm

I realize I haven't played a whole ton of quad/trip games. But while I was in a clan I had no problems with them and excelled, so while I have not had alot of experience, I believe I am already at a level where I can compete competitively. Ill reference tokle who has played a bunch of quads with me b4. As well while I was with a clan I found myself to be among the top coop players although I was not the best, I was probably counted around the top 5-10.

When I first tried to join "Legion I think?" I was told to get some experience, so I joined a beginning clan "T4C" and got some. I was not kicked out and almost never made a significant mistake in a team game. As well I used large amounts of armies to crush the opposing teams stacks using my dice skillz. In most team games I can say for the most part everyone supported me and while I admit I was only 1 of a whole made up of 4, I believe I more than held my own.

You gotta remember that Ive been here since 07, and while I tend to not play more than 1-2 games at a time nowadays, I do play them well. Is it really the # of coop games you've played that matters? I think being known for playing them well matters more :D
You can always check out my past coop games if you doubt my skill level. (You can ignore what was said in chat lol)
Major misher

Postby Trevor33 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Come and join us, a new clan but we've got a pretty good record in the team games we've played so far. If you want i can hook you up with a couple of quad games to see what you think.
Major Trevor33

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:16 am

misher wrote:You gotta remember that Ive been here since 07, and while I tend to not play more than 1-2 games at a time nowadays, I do play them well. Is it really the # of coop games you've played that matters? I think being known for playing them well matters more :D
You can always check out my past coop games if you doubt my skill level. (You can ignore what was said in chat lol)

That is probably the main issue then if you are only playing a couple of games. I know I have several people in Igni Ferroque that play a low number of games, but they tend to be around 15 or so. If you were willing to step the game load up a bit I know we would be interested in playing a few games with you to see how you fit in.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Qwert on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Looking for new clan. Does not post/read forum often as it gets bloody crowded if old posts aren't deleted. Tends to belittle team mates if they screw up (I got kicked from my old clan for this, but seriously if people don't reinforce, read the advice given in chat, atk their own team mates, screw up completely, they should expect some "constructive criticism"). I hate escalating games.

Interesting -except these last-i like escalating games.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sdh on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 pm

just pick a clan and apply, if you get rejected then apply for another!
Colonel sdh

Postby TheMissionary on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 pm

It's the fear of rejection that causes posts like this.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby The Voice on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Perhaps there needs to be a "free agency" thread.
Major The Voice

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:53 pm

agree, these will be great thing,like NBA draft.
Clan who need fresh player,can come to Free player list,and make contact with large number of players who could be good investment for clan.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:42 am

qwert wrote:agree, these will be great thing,like NBA draft.
Clan who need fresh player,can come to Free player list,and make contact with large number of players who could be good investment for clan.

OR... people can just post "looking for a clan" like we always have had... no need to go over the top for these things, most players get picked up in a day or 2 if they really want to join a clan.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Voice on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:27 pm

grifftron wrote:

OR... people can just post "looking for a clan" like we always have had... no need to go over the top for these things, most players get picked up in a day or 2 if they really want to join a clan.

I'm thinking this is a relatively newish thing. And many separate "looking for a clan" posts would clog up this forum, which (I could be wrong here) isn't exactly what this forum was intended to be. For the longest time, it has been "pm a specific clan (what is usually the case) or write in a specific clan's thread" and that clan will consider you. But with the increasing number of clans comes the increasing amount of competition for players. I can cite a recent example when just about every clan was courting Seul, who eventually decided to join TOFU.

Just some thoughts.

~V~
Major The Voice

Postby usernamer on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi, I'm in AOC. Feel free to invite me to a few games. If you're good, ill certainly let the others know and im sure we'd consider having you join us.
Major usernamer

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:31 pm

The Voice wrote:
grifftron wrote:

I'm thinking this is a relatively newish thing. And many separate "looking for a clan" posts would clog up this forum, which (I could be wrong here) isn't exactly what this forum was intended to be. For the longest time, it has been "pm a specific clan (what is usually the case) or write in a specific clan's thread" and that clan will consider you. But with the increasing number of clans comes the increasing amount of competition for players. I can cite a recent example when just about every clan was courting Seul, who eventually decided to join TOFU.

Just some thoughts.

~V~

Yes, you can have one topic,where any player can post details abouth hes stats and achivements, and when some player find clan,can just edit hes post with notification that he is no more availabile. Ofcourse these will need to have first post reserved only with player names and links to hes post,so that clan scout can find fast free agents in topic. just some ideas to give. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby kmhebert on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 am

The Grim Reapers are very pleased to announce misher as the newest member of our clan! Very excited to have such a quality player on our side. Remember, we are actively recruiting so please let us know if you are looking to clan up or be a part of a better clan!
Sergeant kmhebert

Return to Clan Archives