SOMEWHAT
16%

Total votes : 38

tournament organizer rating

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Concise description:
  • the option to rate tournament organizers

Specifics/Details:
  • a ratings system similiar to rate players on how well a tournament organizer mangaes his tournaments

how will this benefit the site
  • this would possibly cut down on the amount of abandoned and neglected tournaments. and also give the person an idea on what to expect as far as how the tournament is run before he joins.
Last edited by WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Re: tournament organizer rating

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:21 pm

As a TO of over 50 tournaments (some ongoing), I support this. Not just for the tournament participants to get information on how good the tournament will be run, but also for the TOs to get feedback on how they are doing so that they know where they can improve and what the players would like to see done better and differently.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Fuzzy316 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:49 pm

I would support this as well. I think that there should be room for actual feedback, up to a certain number of characters, and not just a few radio buttons and star ratings alone. This allows for better feedback. Or perhaps, the option to "Send TO feedback" where they can send an email to the TO.
The Fuzzy One

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:46 am

chapcrap wrote:As a TO of over 50 tournaments (some ongoing), I support this. Not just for the tournament participants to get information on how good the tournament will be run, but also for the TOs to get feedback on how they are doing so that they know where they can improve and what the players would like to see done better and differently.

Fuzzy316 wrote:I would support this as well. I think that there should be room for actual feedback, up to a certain number of characters, and not just a few radio buttons and star ratings alone. This allows for better feedback. Or perhaps, the option to "Send TO feedback" where they can send an email to the TO.

+2
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mcshanester29 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm

I would definitely be in support of this suggestion!!
show

I am away from CC for a long break! John 3:16-17
Private mcshanester29

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:As a TO of over 50 tournaments (some ongoing), I support this. Not just for the tournament participants to get information on how good the tournament will be run, but also for the TOs to get feedback on how they are doing so that they know where they can improve and what the players would like to see done better and differently.

that's a good point about the feedback. that could only improve tournaments. it would never make them worse. :-k
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby mr. CD on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:04 am

Yep, agreed.
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:30 am

Yep, include me in this as well. Always glad to hear from players in my tournies, good points and bad. Always trying to better myself.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Sniper08 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 am

I support this as well. good idea for tourney feedback.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby benga on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Support!

But tournament players should also do it now.
Sergeant benga

Postby ckyrias on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:15 am

support as well! a poll on the first post would be helpful as well.

Sergeant ckyrias

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Fuzzy316 wrote:I would support this as well. I think that there should be room for actual feedback, up to a certain number of characters, and not just a few radio buttons and star ratings alone. This allows for better feedback. Or perhaps, the option to "Send TO feedback" where they can send an email to the TO.

+2

I love the idea...however players can pm the TO's now and let them know what they think so maybe the send to feedback may not be necessary once feed back can be posted... All in all its a great idea!
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby JBlombier on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 am

I fully support this suggestion.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 am

i don't support this.

the current rating system of giving a rating and having it replace the previous rating does not give a true indication of the TO.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 pm

greenoaks wrote:i don't support this.

the current rating system of giving a rating and having it replace the previous rating does not give a true indication of the TO.

As far as rating goes, I don't really know if I would want a 1-5 rating like we do for games. However, the check boxes would be nice. Telling you (and others) if you are slow or fast, send PMs, don't sent PMs, provide quick responses to inquiries, etc. I think that would be more useful and helpful to me.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 pm

benga wrote:Support!

But tournament players should also do it now.

really all they can do is a pm or post in the thread. which that does get done. but only by the motivated. i think if there were an option that it would be more frequent.

trinicardinal wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

+2

I love the idea...however players can pm the TO's now and let them know what they think so maybe the send to feedback may not be necessary once feed back can be posted... All in all its a great idea!

this is similiar to the previous argument. another thing that just simple feed back will not solve is the TO rating. there could be 3 "5 star" categories. i've been in some pretty draggy tournaments, and wish i had some sort of indication before i got in it. this will not be foolproof, but i think it will help a good bit. i understand that people say the player rating is flawed. but even so, if someone has a 3.5 rating you can pretty much tell you're going to get problems out of him in a game. this would be the same for joining tours. plus there are not too many players that may tend to abuse the rating system that join tourns. it should stay accurate. also people that manage their tourns. well will get high ratings, and this will only motivate to do better each time. everyone wants to play in well run tourns.

not sure what you mean here. i'm not saying replace the player rating. i'm saying add a TO rating. so someone that has run tournaments will have two ratings. or it may just show up in join tournaments thread. i dont know how all that coding works,
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Night Strike on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:

not sure what you mean here. i'm not saying replace the player rating. i'm saying add a TO rating. so someone that has run tournaments will have two ratings. or it may just show up in join tournaments thread. i dont know how all that coding works,

No one knows how that coding works because it doesn't exist. Greenoaks is talking about how with player ratings, you can re-rate a player later on when you play them again and that the new rating completely replaces the old rating. So you may rate someone today as a great player, but if you rate them poorly after a game 6 months from now, only the bad rating will show up. He's assuming the same thing would happen in tournaments, where a great organizer may have all good ratings but then suddenly have an emergency and have to leave the site and abandons several tournaments which lead to bad ratings (which has happened before). The only thing one would see is the bad rating and not the experience.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Night Strike wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:

No one knows how that coding works because it doesn't exist. Greenoaks is talking about how with player ratings, you can re-rate a player later on when you play them again and that the new rating completely replaces the old rating. So you may rate someone today as a great player, but if you rate them poorly after a game 6 months from now, only the bad rating will show up. He's assuming the same thing would happen in tournaments, where a great organizer may have all good ratings but then suddenly have an emergency and have to leave the site and abandons several tournaments which lead to bad ratings (which has happened before). The only thing one would see is the bad rating and not the experience.

Yeah, I think this system would only be meaningful if it kept track of all ratings.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of a "timeline" function, so you can see if your ratings are going up or not and follow trends.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:

Yeah, I think this system would only be meaningful if it kept track of all ratings.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of a "timeline" function, so you can see if your ratings are going up or not and follow trends.

I Agree with this too. the rating for each tournament should stick. and for the next one have a whole new rating. that way it shows trends,
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby kuma32478 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm

this has my support as well
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Love the idea. =D>
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:01 am

I somewhat support this. Imho the current player rating system is virtually useless and meaningless, unless the player has a terrible rating. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of 5-star ratings from people trying to get the medal. I think basing a TO rating on this system would be just as useless.

I would rather see a rating system for tournaments that automatically averages to a TO rating.

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby ubcman64 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:03 pm

what i'd rather see than a rating system (since the current system is of almost no value imho) is more of an informational listing of TO's. a listing that would give all their stats such as tournaments started and finished. whether the have any abandoned tournaments. types of tournaments run, size of tournament, length of time to complete, and so on.
i think seeing this type of information would help a person determine if they want to participate in a particular TO's tournament, better than any rating system would do. think of it as CC's version of the Better Business Bureau, without the grading. my 2 cents. :D
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 pm

ubcman64 wrote:what i'd rather see than a rating system (since the current system is of almost no value imho) is more of an informational listing of TO's. a listing that would give all their stats such as tournaments started and finished. whether the have any abandoned tournaments. types of tournaments run, size of tournament, length of time to complete, and so on.
i think seeing this type of information would help a person determine if they want to participate in a particular TO's tournament, better than any rating system would do. think of it as CC's version of the Better Business Bureau, without the grading. my 2 cents. :D

As far as that goes, I would like to at least see some tags be able to be used because Some TOs send PMs. Some will send you follow up PMs with additional tournaments that they run. Some start games quickly. Some leave the tournaments sit for a bit. It's good to know that information as a player.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ubcman64 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ubcman64 wrote:what i'd rather see than a rating system (since the current system is of almost no value imho) is more of an informational listing of TO's. a listing that would give all their stats such as tournaments started and finished. whether the have any abandoned tournaments. types of tournaments run, size of tournament, length of time to complete, and so on.

As far as that goes, I would like to at least see some tags be able to be used because Some TOs send PMs. Some will send you follow up PMs with additional tournaments that they run. Some start games quickly. Some leave the tournaments sit for a bit. It's good to know that information as a player.

yes, exactly
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions