Conquer Club

Conquer Cup I

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup I

Postby lackattack on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 pm

On Tuesday we reached the milestone of the 200th map, which shows how our community can work together and collectively accomplish a great feat. Today, we are introducing a new dimension of competition representing the flip side - winner take all, survival of the fittest. This is what I love about Conquer Club - enemies on the battlefield can be brothers-in-arms at the same time.

Conquer Cup I
Introducing the Conquer Cup, our signature mega-tournament, the largest global domination game event in the world! No joke, we are actually going to submit this into the Guinness Book of World Records - so here's a shot at becoming part of a world record ;-)

Conquer Cup I will have 625 participants, first come first served. There is a small entry fee, but you can get in for free (see below). There are lots of prizes and awards including a grand prize Apple iPad2 going to the winner! But normally the cups will be held only 3 times a year.

The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games wil be created automatically and players will be matched and placed into games automatically. In the future this new tournament automation technology will be available for community tournaments as well.

All the details are on the new Conquer Cup page, under the Game Menu on the left, so go check it out once you finish reading this announcement!

Super Achievements
In honour of the Conquer Cup, we've released a new category of medals, appropriately named "Super Acheivements" because they are super hard to get.

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement: Awarded to members that were a quarter-finalist in the Conquer Cup.

Conquer Cup Silver Achievement: Awarded to members that were a semi-finalist in the Conquer Cup.

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement: Awarded to members that won the Conquer Cup.

Conqueror Achievement: Awarded to members that achieve the rank of Conqueror. Stay tuned for an announcement from our support admin, king achilles. He is working on a list of past Conquerors and will be issuing the Conqueror Achievement in the next 24 hours. Thanks to sailorseal for first suggesting this type of award.

Conquer Credits
You want to get Premium Membership, or register for the Conquer Cup, but you don't have a credit card. Sure, you can connect PayPal to your bank account or possibly apply for a credit card with TrialPay or participate in our Referral Program... but wouldn't it be much easier to fill out a couple of surveys? Conquer Clup has partnered with Peanut Labs to introduce our own currency - Conquer Credits. Collect credits by taking advantage of surveys and other offers until you have enough to redeem for premium or to register for the cup. To get you off on the right foot we're starting off all players on the scoreboard with a balance of 100 Conquer Credits, on the house!

Medals Awarded & Medal Recipients
We've provided a way for you to see who's holding the various medals of Conquer Club. From the medals page, there is now a view link underneath each medal count. Click the link to get to a page that lists all recipients of that medal, or all individual issues of that medal, accordingly. You can then search further by username.
Sergeant lackattack

Re: Conquer Cup I

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:13 am

Well shit it was a big update...kinda cool. Now get to work on babysitting feature please Mr Turtle
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:32 am

=D> =D> But it looks like I'll have to buy myself into that tourney. I hate those nosy surveys asking for my personal information, phone numbers etc. I'll rather spend some of my hard earned pocket money than have to complete surveys. I suggest you come up with an alternative way of gaining some points for the survey haters.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dako on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 am

Most likely Ent Team will offer events with Conq Credits for certain places.
Colonel Dako

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 am

Dako wrote:Most likely Ent Team will offer events with Conq Credits for certain places.

Somehow I imagined that would happen ;) .
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby grifftron on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 am

Dammit! No one would play this tourney for $5... but you had to go and put those fricking medals into the equation didn't you! bah ill play....
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 am

grifftron wrote:Dammit! No one would play this tourney for $5... but you had to go and put those fricking medals into the equation didn't you! bah ill play....

How about we strike up a deal? If I win you can get my medal, but if you win you give me the Ipad 2 :mrgreen: .
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby grifftron on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 am

Gillipig wrote:
grifftron wrote:Dammit! No one would play this tourney for $5... but you had to go and put those fricking medals into the equation didn't you! bah ill play....

How about we strike up a deal? If I win you can get my medal, but if you win you give me the Ipad 2 :mrgreen: .

Ipad 2 in exchange for a small digi medal that cost me $5? I would say that is a good deal. SOLD
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 am

Lol, we have our first 10 participants already!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby grifftron on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 am

mod better not get to play for free!

but if they do, this is my official resume to become a mod
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby slowreactor on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 am

AWESOME! :D in already ^^
Colonel slowreactor

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 am

never mind
Last edited by drunkmonkey on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 am

This is what I love about Conquer Club

Yeah. This and the $6,500 you'll make for staging a tourney that all other organisers do for free.

I think it's the 'Complete 60 surveys for 200 Conquer Credits' (value $2) that made me laugh the most though.

Good luck to you.

(was this the 'big news' that Bruce spoke of?)
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby trapyoung on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:48 am

Wow. Completely worthless.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:50 am

There is no doubt this is to make money
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:(was this the 'big news' that Bruce spoke of?)

It's reasonable to believe that because it's a fairly big update ;) . I'm still holding my thumbs for a paid webmaster as well though. Maybe this could partly finance one. The update wasn't the thing I had hoped for the most but it's much better than an account sitting update or many other things suggested.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:58 am

24 suckers and counting....
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby DiM on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

so basically the BIG UPDATE includes a "get rich quick" scheme and a few medals.

WOW.

and silly old me thought we're gonna get new xml features, a new map sorting filter, proper account sitting, a working functional feedback/rating system, an accurate scoring method, adjacent attacks, customizable autoattacks.

meh
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Night Strike on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am

Gillipig wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:(was this the 'big news' that Bruce spoke of?)

It's reasonable to believe that because it's a fairly big update ;) . I'm still holding my thumbs for a paid webmaster as well though. Maybe this could partly finance one. The update wasn't the thing I had hoped for the most but it's much better than an account sitting update or many other things suggested.

Got to be able to pay those coders, so this makes good sense for a revenue stream.
Major Night Strike

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:09 am

Night Strike wrote:Got to be able to pay those coders, so this makes good sense for a revenue stream.

Ah, the "extra money now for promised services later". After prizes, this is ~$5730 in profit. Call me cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:13 am

grifftron wrote:mod better not get to play for free!

Nope! We have to pay (or do surveys) like everyone else.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby DiM on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:17 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Got to be able to pay those coders, so this makes good sense for a revenue stream.

Ah, the "extra money now for promised services later". After prizes, this is ~$5730 in profit. Call me cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

don't be cynical. the system works perfectly fine. hookers have been using it since the beginning of time :lol:

seriously now, if this is indeed lacks strategy then it's a darn crappy one. to make money you have to invest money. you improve your product before you ask for more money, you don't ask for more money promising to improve the product.

so hire some programmers implement things that have been requested for years, take this whole site to the next level and then double the premium price and add conquer credits for extra revenue.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:21 am

so hire some programmers implement things that have been requested for years, take this whole site to the next level and then double the premium price and add conquer credits for extra revenue

Someone's not so dim =D>
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 am

Option 1: Spend money/time improving the site, maybe you get more premiums, maybe not. Most of these people are probably renewing anyway.

Option 2: iPad 2!!!
(profit += 5700)
Major drunkmonkey

Postby White Moose on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 am

This is the big update? :S

Paying to play tournaments?

I'm disappointed.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Next

Return to Announcement Archives