Conquer Club

A REAL Clan League

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

A REAL Clan League

Postby QoH on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm

How feasible would it be to have a clan league (separate from the current clan system) with trades, and salaries etc. Obviously, people would pay the most for top ranking clan players, so we would have to balance that out a little somehow.

Would people be interested? CD's, could this eventually be worth of earning medals and such? GA medals to public voted MVPs?

The options are limitless.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Re: A REAL Clan League

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 pm

QoH wrote:How feasible would it be to have a clan league (separate from the current clan system) with trades, and salaries etc. Obviously, people would pay the most for top ranking clan players, so we would have to balance that out a little somehow.

Would people be interested? CD's, could this eventually be worth of earning medals and such? GA medals to public voted MVPs?

The options are limitless.

i've also contemplated something like this where players could be traded, but in the end, people join a clan to be with friends. Rodion had a wicked tourney that was organized along these lines but the effort needed to keep things running is too much in my opinion, so kudos to him nonetheless for his work there.
Colonel 4 U 2 NV

Postby QoH on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 pm

And this would be separate from clans. This would just be an experiment, and would definitely need atleast 2 leaders.

In no way would this take over the current clans, and should only be for fun. It would also be a fun way to meet other good clan players.
Major QoH

Postby chemefreak on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:15 pm

QoH wrote:And this would be separate from clans. This would just be an experiment, and would definitely need atleast 2 leaders.

In no way would this take over the current clans, and should only be for fun. It would also be a fun way to meet other good clan players.

Why don't you focus on building your clan? Right now we have the CCup2, ACC, RST, and Random League going on. Soon we will have the clan league starting up. Perhaps you should try this in the tournaments section? Most clans probably would not be too keen on the idea of "losing" clan mates during any type of format.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby QoH on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey, no need to throw my clan into this. We've existed for what, like 3 weeks?

And as I said, I'm just trying to guage interest. nothing is even slightly confirmed.
Major QoH

Postby jpcloet on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Very very difficult. It was attempted several times and failed. The closest to this would be

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=129490&start=0
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:53 am

jpcloet wrote:Very very difficult. It was attempted several times and failed. The closest to this would be

Agentsmith88 also began a tourney a long time ago with a more "fantasy league" setup that had to be halted for personal reasons as well, but Im pretty sure anything the size he planned on doing was ruled out in the future by TO's.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby General Brock II on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 pm

I would not mind the institution of trades into the system. However, I would vehemently oppose a draft, as that would mean that the clans would lose their current rosters, and I, for one, would oppose that. In fact, there's nothing in place to prevent clans from trading players already - it just hasn't been thought of. Really, if a feasible scoreboard could be thought up, what we have now is a league of clans...

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Captain General Brock II

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:53 pm

General Brock II wrote:I would not mind the institution of trades into the system. However, I would vehemently oppose a draft, as that would mean that the clans would lose their current rosters, and I, for one, would oppose that. In fact, there's nothing in place to prevent clans from trading players already - it just hasn't been thought of. Really, if a feasible scoreboard could be thought up, what we have now is a league of clans...

This would be seperate from the current clan setup, as he stated in the first post, and would more like be run as a (annual?) tournament.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 pm

I like the Idea, however, what would be the salary cap, player worths, ect.? Also I think it would require more than 2 leaders, I think it would need more like a board of directors (depending on the amount of players involved).
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby QoH on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 pm

That would eventually be worked out if this went through (not really likely).

ANd the only issue with a "board of directors" is communication.
Major QoH

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:06 pm

It's an interesting proposal, but I think the problem you'll run into is that most players who are serious about clan play don't have the time/interest to put real effort into a second clan.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Chewie1 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:28 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:It's an interesting proposal, but I think the problem you'll run into is that most players who are serious about clan play don't have the time/interest to put real effort into a second clan.

Also why would clan members want to share team strategies with other clan members only to find it used against them in a clan war.
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:10 pm

jpcloet wrote:Very very difficult. It was attempted several times and failed. The closest to this would be

This will probably be the closest you will ever find to what you are proposing. I tried something similar (but bigger and more complicated) and had to drop it for personal reasons (i had to leave the site for 3 months +), but the TDs gave me nothing but shit the whole way. I believe they also passed some new rules to strictly watch over team sizes, games played, etc. Try starting a tourney that has teams of players bigger than 8 and watch your inbox for your butt to get reamed.

To do what you are talking about it would have to be setup completely by the players outside of a tournament (and thus forget the medals) format and run sort of like the mafia games are.

It could be done, but it would take a tremendous singular effort to get it set up and would need multiple people with constant attention paid to maintain it. (For the record, I love the idea but I can't feasibly ever see it happening.)
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Gold Knight on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Chewie1 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:It's an interesting proposal, but I think the problem you'll run into is that most players who are serious about clan play don't have the time/interest to put real effort into a second clan.

Also why would clan members want to share team strategies with other clan members only to find it used against them in a clan war.

Maybe some players like playing against competant players to actually test their skills?

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby AgentSmith88 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
Chewie1 wrote:

Maybe some players like playing against competant players to actually test their skills?

Bullhonky! The only point of this site is to win and if you don't win you aren't having any fun!
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 pm

I've tried to trade for players anyhow already haha.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:I've tried to trade for players anyhow already haha.

What can I get in return for IcePack?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 am

What is the status of this league?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby benga on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Bruceswar wrote:What is the status of this league?

Was just a debate. Or question.
Sergeant benga

Postby MNDuke on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 am

viewtopic.php?f=438&t=162287

I think we have the same idea. I'm looking to get something like this started, and would be willing to contribute in some fashion.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby Pirlo on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 am

Interesting, hopefully we see it real by 2050.
Captain Pirlo

Return to Clan Archives