Conquer Club

Dr. Strangelove II [Completed: Winner - uckuki]

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Ongoing: Rounds 7 & 8]

Postby Pyrhhus on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:I really would like to get out of this tourney if it does not mess you up please

Well this is a dilemma. I know you're a stand-up guy and even if you weren't I can't force you to play games, but this would set a nasty precedent; your leaving only messes me up if someone else also wants to leave. I trust you have a good reason, but any who come after you might not and I wouldn't know it if they lied.

Calling this a dilemma is something of a lie itself though as I have to let you go if you don't want to play. I'm not going to report you or ban you from my tournaments or anything silly like that, let's just not have this happen too often, ya? There aren't any hard feelings (unless you count my elimination from your 200th, grrrrrrrrr), just do me a favor and don't enter the next installment unless you're going to see it through. It seems like league structures aren't really your thing.
Major Pyrhhus

Postby Pyrhhus on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:42 am

traffic133 has been officially warned per the Fog rule.
Major Pyrhhus

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Pyrhhus wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:I really would like to get out of this tourney if it does not mess you up please

Well this is a dilemma. I know you're a stand-up guy and even if you weren't I can't force you to play games, but this would set a nasty precedent; your leaving only messes me up if someone else also wants to leave. I trust you have a good reason, but any who come after you might not and I wouldn't know it if they lied.

Calling this a dilemma is something of a lie itself though as I have to let you go if you don't want to play. I'm not going to report you or ban you from my tournaments or anything silly like that, let's just not have this happen too often, ya? There aren't any hard feelings (unless you count my elimination from your 200th, grrrrrrrrr), just do me a favor and don't enter the next installment unless you're going to see it through. It seems like league structures aren't really your thing.

As I sent you a pm explaining things--I also have my game count down now so I would like to stay if you have not replaced me--especially if I have not played ubcman because I really want to kick his ass and prevent him from winning another tourney if I can
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby ubcman64 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:53 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
Pyrhhus wrote:

As I sent you a pm explaining things--I also have my game count down now so I would like to stay if you have not replaced me--especially if I have not played ubcman because I really want to kick his ass and prevent him from winning another tourney if I can

lol.....too bad i already kicked yours this tourney
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Ongoing: Rounds 9 & 10]

Postby Pyrhhus on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:34 pm

The scoreboard has been updated and the next rounds of games will go out tonight if I have time, tomorrow if not.
Major Pyrhhus

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:37 pm

ubcman64 wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:
Pyrhhus wrote:

lol.....too bad i already kicked yours this tourney

Now I know why you want me to stay in :)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Ongoing: Rounds 11 & 12]

Postby Pyrhhus on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 am

Well I did not have myself the best of rounds, but others did and it remains close and turbulent at the top of the leaderboard. A special mention must go out to anonymus for winning all 6 of his games from this last set and vaulting into second place. Good time to get hot!
Major Pyrhhus

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Ongoing: Rounds 11 & 12]

Postby anonymus on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:41 am

im afraid im giveng the 2ns spot away as i had avarge dicestat of -31% (!!?) against opponent in round 11 and could only scrape home a home-win because he didnt know the map ;(
round 12 might make up for it but feels like im struggeling here,,

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Ongoing: Rounds 13 & 14]

Postby Pyrhhus on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Rounds 13 and 14 will go out tomorrow. Crunch time people.
Major Pyrhhus

Postby Pyrhhus on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 pm

...ok so I lied. I'm going to be out of town tomorrow through Sunday so I'd be pretty silly to give myself 6 games between now and then. Instead of games then I shall give you a tantalizing look at the matchups for the last three rounds so you can come up with super secret plans.

Round 13:
dazza2008 v anonymus
jsnyder748 v ubcman64
westbo v ianphull
Pyrhhus v djelebert
wesleymilo v evilkingjay
HighlanderAttack v carp1968
rmjw10 v uckuki
Marshallbobby v traffic133

Round 14:
anonymus v ubcman64
dazza2008 v ianphull
Pyrhhus v jsnyder748
westbo v evilkingjay
HighlanderAttack v djelebert
wesleymilo v uckuki
Marshallbobby v carp1968
rmjw10 v traffic133

Round 15:
anonymus v ianphull
Pyrhhus v ubcman64
dazza2008 v evilkingjay
HighlanderAttack v jsnyder748
westbo v uckuki
Marshallbobby v djelebert
wesleymilo v traffic133
rmjw10 v carp1968
Major Pyrhhus

Postby anonymus on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:00 am

Pyrhhus wrote:...ok so I lied. I'm going to be out of town tomorrow through Sunday so I'd be pretty silly to give myself 6 games between now and then. Instead of games then I shall give you a tantalizing look at the matchups for the last three rounds so you can come up with super secret plans.

Round 13:
dazza2008 v anonymus
jsnyder748 v ubcman64
westbo v ianphull
Pyrhhus v djelebert
wesleymilo v evilkingjay
HighlanderAttack v carp1968
rmjw10 v uckuki
Marshallbobby v traffic133

Round 14:
anonymus v ubcman64
dazza2008 v ianphull
Pyrhhus v jsnyder748
westbo v evilkingjay
HighlanderAttack v djelebert
wesleymilo v uckuki
Marshallbobby v carp1968
rmjw10 v traffic133

Round 15:
anonymus v ianphull
Pyrhhus v ubcman64
dazza2008 v evilkingjay
HighlanderAttack v jsnyder748
westbo v uckuki
Marshallbobby v djelebert
wesleymilo v traffic133
rmjw10 v carp1968

ianpull in round 15 will be a hate-match since he stole my win in some ww2-tourney (dropped a +4 bonus and started the game in d-day) lol i hope i can repay the favour in this tournament ;)

also i want to urge ubc-man to WIN all 3 in round 13, LOSE all 3 in round 14 and do whatever in round 15
highlanderattack should win all in round 15 AND in round 14 but in 13 he can take a break and lose a couple to prepare for the two last rounds
pyrhhus should show who is boss and TO and win 2 games in all of the remaining rounds..

ok people you have your missions lets make sure i win thisone ;)

Click image to enlarge.

Major anonymus

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Ongoing: Final Round]

Postby Pyrhhus on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Standings are updated. Games will go out later tonight.
Major Pyrhhus

Postby anonymus on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 am

so.. how did it go?

Click image to enlarge.

Major anonymus

Postby ubcman64 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 am

i think i won, yup i won.....i found the secret hidden icon so i was awarded triple points for the final set of games and i just edged out the rest of the field. :D
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Re: Dr. Strangelove II [Completed: Winner - uckuki]

Postby Pyrhhus on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 pm

The tournament is over and your winner is uckuki! He stormed through the final three rounds picking up 16/18 possible points to claim the top spot. Congratulations to him and a heartfelt thanks to all who participated. =D> =D> =D>

I don't know yet if there will be a Dr. Strangelove III, but if there is it won't be soon as I am winding down my CC time for a while.
Major Pyrhhus

Postby Pyrhhus on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm

anonymus wrote:pyrhhus should show who is boss and TO and win 2 games in all of the remaining rounds..

Sorry I couldn't complete my mission for you anon, but I did manage to hand ubcman his only home loss in that last round. I hope that is enough to win back some of your love.
Major Pyrhhus

Previous

Return to Completed 2011