Conquer Club

[MED] Special Clan member contribution achievement award.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Special Clan contribution award.

Postby jefjef on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Post from page 5 in it's FULL context.

chemefreak wrote:This is fun! I was thinking that at the end of each year the CDs could pm the leaders of certain clans (perhaps clans that have been "around" for the entire year) and ask them who their award should go to. Then the clans themselves can determine by voting or whatever who in their clan gets the medal. Just a thought.

Issuing medals is not too difficult. I am going to issue one right now to jefjef for this idea ;)

Soon we will be issuing MVP awards for clan wars. I believe that this is starting for any clan war that began after July 1, 2011. We are still nailing down the exact "science" of the award, but to be honest, it is pretty easy to see who the MVP for each clan was once you review the numbers. Every now and then there will be a tough call, but it should be an interesting exercise, none the less.

As far as the theory that this would take medal issuing out of CC's control, I'm not sure that is exactly true. Now, at this point, Masli may say that this is not going to happen or perhaps even admin will step and say we can't issue medals for this purpose. But I think it is a nice way to reward certain members of our clans that may not get all the wins, etc. Also, as indicated previously, I would be happy to head the operation on behalf of the CDs should this get implemented.

I have put a link to this thread in the CD forum and will see if it can gain any traction.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: Special Clan member contribution achievement award.

Postby eddie2 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:14 pm

once again instead of quoting a full post why not ask a clan director what this part means.
We are still nailing down the exact "science" of the award,

have a think a minite if what i was saying about the mvp award being issued for any of the reasons put in this thread do you not think a clan director would of stepped in already and said it was not going to be. (i am 100 percent sure they would off.) like i said i am 99.99 percen that the mvp award after a clan winning a war can be awarded to players who done work behind the scenes to help with the win (including database runners, players that train the clan, and other things that made the win possible.) but like i said and by the last 2 posts made none of you have actually contacted a clan director via pm to find out all the info surronding the mvp award.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

eddie2 wrote:like i said i am 99.99 percen that the mvp award after a clan winning a war can be awarded to players who done work behind the scenes to help with the win (including database runners, players that train the clan, and other things that made the win possible.)

And I am 99.99% sure that you are wrong. They quote that you keep taking out of context goes on to say "it is pretty easy to see who the MVP for each clan was once you review the numbers". This means it's based off win/loss numbers, not people who did work behind the scenes. Not only that, but Cheme goes on to say that jef's idea "is a nice way to reward certain members of our clans that may not get all the wins" FURTHER implying that the MVP award is based off win/loss records in some fashion.

How many times do you have to be asked to leave this thread alone since you clearly do not have a clue?
Major Bones2484

Postby chemefreak on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Dear God! The proposed MVP award that I pitched to Masli is simply that a clan that has been around for a required minimum amount of time (a year perhaps?) would be contacted by the CDs in, say, December of each year, and then that clan could choose its MVP based on whatever criteria it wants. Then the CDs could award the medal. Also, as I stated previously, this will be an uphill battle with admin that I am not sure Masli would ever want to fight. I do think it is a good and fun idea, but the simpler we keep it the better. We are already starting the process of awarding MVP awards for clan wars to each clan. That process seems to be pretty simple as it is usually pretty clear who the best player (in terms of win/loss, number of games, array of games, etc.) is from a certain war.

Anyway, the idea is in the system and we will just have to wait and see what happens. As you all know, I am but a secretary in the clan world with no real authority ;) Good lively discussion here, though.

Cheers,

Nick
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:02 pm

chemefreak wrote:Dear God! The proposed MVP award that I pitched to Masli is simply that a clan that has been around for a required minimum amount of time (a year perhaps?) would be contacted by the CDs in, say, December of each year, and then that clan could choose its MVP based on whatever criteria it wants. Then the CDs could award the medal. Also, as I stated previously, this will be an uphill battle with admin that I am not sure Masli would ever want to fight. I do think it is a good and fun idea, but the simpler we keep it the better. We are already starting the process of awarding MVP awards for clan wars to each clan. That process seems to be pretty simple as it is usually pretty clear who the best player (in terms of win/loss, number of games, array of games, etc.) is from a certain war.

Anyway, the idea is in the system and we will just have to wait and see what happens. As you all know, I am but a secretary in the clan world with no real authority ;) Good lively discussion here, though.

Cheers,

Nick

So you have an "MVP Award" and a "Clan War MVP Award". Guess I'm confused, but from the sounds of what you said you're talking two separate awards?
Major Bones2484

Postby chemefreak on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
chemefreak wrote:Dear God! The proposed MVP award that I pitched to Masli is simply that a clan that has been around for a required minimum amount of time (a year perhaps?) would be contacted by the CDs in, say, December of each year, and then that clan could choose its MVP based on whatever criteria it wants. Then the CDs could award the medal. Also, as I stated previously, this will be an uphill battle with admin that I am not sure Masli would ever want to fight. I do think it is a good and fun idea, but the simpler we keep it the better. We are already starting the process of awarding MVP awards for clan wars to each clan. That process seems to be pretty simple as it is usually pretty clear who the best player (in terms of win/loss, number of games, array of games, etc.) is from a certain war.

Cheers,

Nick

So you have an "MVP Award" and a "Clan War MVP Award". Guess I'm confused, but from the sounds of what you said you're talking two separate awards?

The Clan War MVP Awards have already been authorized by admin. We should start issuing those in the near future. The Clan MVP Award that jefjef has proposed would actually be a yearly award given out by each clan to a member of their clan. Again, it is up to Masli to determine how far we go with that idea.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 pm

chemefreak wrote:The Clan War MVP Awards have already been authorized by admin. We should start issuing those in the near future. The Clan MVP Award that jefjef has proposed would actually be a yearly award given out by each clan to a member of their clan. Again, it is up to Masli to determine how far we go with that idea.

Awesome, thank you for the info. I think it's great what both your team and Jef are putting in for clans. Good work!
Major Bones2484

Postby chapcrap on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 pm

eddie2 wrote:
chapcrap wrote: you can infer that it is only based on gameplay.

like i said previously maybe ask a clan director to clarify the info behind the mvp award.

I did a couple of posts ago. It was on page 12, see:
chapcrap wrote:eddie, if Clan A doesn't deserve a medal, then that's fine. If you don't like jefjef's idea, then that's fine, but you still haven't given a reason to merge them.

And it sounds like you think the CDs are going to give out a War MVP for things like training games. I don't think that is the case. I think that will be based on wins and play within the war alone. cheme, can you comment on the scope of your plan?

CD idea is to give a medal per war based on war play.

jefjef's idea is to give medal per year based on clan work, wins are not a factor. I think that in your scenario where the clan sucks, that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of work that goes into the clan. New clans may not win a lot, but that happens with new partners and players who are learning team games. That doesn't mean a lot of important work isn't done.

And people have been saying this the whole time and cheme commented and never argued with it. Now that he has responded (thanks cheme!), you can see that he said it has to do with gameplay. Just like I've been saying all along.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jefjef on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 pm

chemefreak wrote:The Clan War MVP Awards have already been authorized by admin. We should start issuing those in the near future. The Clan Contribution Award that jefjef has proposed would actually be a yearly award given out by each clan to a member of their clan. Again, it is up to Masli to determine how far we go with that idea.

Thanks for your input again cheme! To avoid confusion lets stick with calling this sugg the Clan Contribution Award (not mvp). :)
Last edited by jefjef on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Thank you chem for finally clarifying this point so eddie can quit arguing it with everyone who read and understood you from the beginning.
Private jgordon1111

Postby eddie2 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 am

jgordon1111 wrote:Thank you chem for finally clarifying this point so eddie can quit arguing it with everyone who read and understood you from the beginning.

yes thank you chemefreak.

now what if i had spoke with masli and he is not going to push this sug forward because he was not happy at certain aspects of it.. But was saying it could be brought in as part of the mvp award. would you still be saying i was argueing a dead horse. i did read and understand chemefreak from the beginning i also looked into things before i posted. and i do feel like i have said all along that this is a good idea. But are you really going to let your hate over me stuff up any chance you have of getting some form of award for the players you want behind the scenes.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Masli on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 am

eddie2, if I have anything to say about it, I will. Don't speak for me again !
Colonel Masli

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 am

eddie2 wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:Thank you chem for finally clarifying this point so eddie can quit arguing it with everyone who read and understood you from the beginning.

now what if i had spoke with masli and he is not going to push this sug forward because he was not happy at certain aspects of it.. But was saying it could be brought in as part of the mvp award. would you still be saying i was argueing a dead horse. i did read and understand chemefreak from the beginning i also looked into things before i posted. and i do feel like i have said all along that this is a good idea. But are you really going to let your hate over me stuff up any chance you have of getting some form of award for the players you want behind the scenes.

First, I would never say you were argueing a dead horse because that's not how you spell arguing and because the phrase is beating a dead horse.
Second, if you understood cheme from the beginning, you wouldn't have been posting all of the things you did.
Third, if you had talked with Masli, you would have said so a long time ago.

Just admit that you were wrong and we'll all accept that. We don't hate you, you're just being ridiculous.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 am

chapcrap wrote:
eddie2 wrote:

First, I would never say you were argueing a dead horse because that's not how you spell arguing and because the phrase is beating a dead horse.
Second, if you understood cheme from the beginning, you wouldn't have been posting all of the things you did.
Third, if you had talked with Masli, you would have said so a long time ago.

Just admit that you were wrong and we'll all accept that. We don't hate you, you're just being ridiculous.

Drop the argument. If you all have further comments related to the suggestion, those would be relevant.

Masli, we would still like your opinion on the issue clearly stated here since this does relate to your department.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby eddie2 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Drop the argument. If you all have further comments related to the suggestion, those would be relevant.

Masli, we would still like your opinion on the issue clearly stated here since this does relate to your department.

lol i will post for masli on this one it is friday night he wont respond with anything till monday. he is a 9 to 5 monday to friday kind of guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby MegasWoman on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Ok. Enough Eddie. At this point you are just typing to see your name in print in this thread which I believe is called TROLLING. How many times do you need to be asked to stay out of here?

Has this suggestion been forwarded for review by the powers that be?
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Since even after a moderator asked to cease, I will lock this thread for a while until reports are closed and we can handle the situation behind the scenes. Expect it to be unlocked soon. Until then, please do not start another thread with the same sugg. This will be unlocked soon. Regards,

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:53 am

Alright, getting some stuff sorted out. Carry on with normal Suggestions talk. Chill out about the whole thing, everyone.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby jefjef on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 am

I too think it would be good if Masli stopped in and spoke officially in re of this. We have all kinds of support.
Colonel jefjef

Postby Masli on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 am

As many might know, I always been very active behind the scene of my clan in the past. So I understand why you would want a medal like this.

The problem will be, that all other medals have visable proof for the medal, there is no way to check why and if someone deserves this medal.
This is why I think admin will not give this a go.
Colonel Masli

Postby chapcrap on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Masli wrote:As many might know, I always been very active behind the scene of my clan in the past. So I understand why you would want a medal like this.

The problem will be, that all other medals have visable proof for the medal, there is no way to check why and if someone deserves this medal.
This is why I think admin will not give this a go.

You mean like some GA Medals I've seen that were given for: Forum Contribution? Seems pretty weak to me.

Will you chime in again with ow do YOU feel about it? Not how admin might feel.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Masli keeping this at a non-confrontation response,but isn't each clan leader capable of saying who in their respective clans deserves the medal? because it is for behind the scenes work,and admin can only take our word for it.But isn't that good enough? I think if we used this wrongly our respective clans would revolt against us. The M.B.'s vote on everything so for us it would take majority to say who gets it.I know some clans are lead by one person but even they would have issues if they abused it.I like to believe that the clan leaders have honor and that should be enough for this to be passed through admin without an argument that it isn't a worthy medal for the clans. Any Mod reading this please pass forward to Masli to read,thank you
Private jgordon1111

Postby jefjef on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Masli wrote:As many might know, I always been very active behind the scene of my clan in the past. So I understand why you would want a medal like this.
KOA and every active clan has members that are "active behind the scenes" and keep the clan moving forward, active and fun.

Masli wrote:The problem will be, that all other medals have visable proof for the medal, there is no way to check why and if someone deserves this medal.

The visable proof is by being an active clan... Wars - recruitment - tabulation of map ranks - etc... does not magically happen.

I think if we used this wrongly our respective clans would revolt against us.
Exactly. If we were to misuse this privilege it would definitely piss off those that contribute and deserve the award.
Colonel jefjef

Postby Riskmaster101 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:46 pm

I like the suggestion.
Sitters: most active TOFU members.

Active Hours: 7am -> 9pm CST (GMT -6).
Major Riskmaster101

Postby Tammy DeLee on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Even though it creates more work for Boo Boo, I think its a great idea!

P.S. He's tough, he can handle it! ;)
show: purdy
Sergeant 1st Class Tammy DeLee

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions