Conquer Club

Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Dako on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:25 am

The Tech Team is happy to announce a Bounty competition for Map Rank GL support. We know that as new medals and game settings get added to CC that Map Rank GL needs to be updated in conjunction for optimal functionality.

To ensure this, we'd like to offer a Bounty for support of this tool. To enter this Bounty, all you need to do is:

• Download script source from <here>.
  • Add support of the Random Map game achievement and the Clans Achievement.
  • Upload your script to a hosting service and send a PM to me, Dako, with the link to the source.
    (if you cannot upload, you can request my email to send it directly)

The winner of the Bounty, determined by the most optimal code, will receive:
  • A General Contribution Medal detailing their contribution.
  • 3 Months of Premium Membership for every 3 months of continuous tool support.

All others who enter will receive a General Achievement Medal for completing the task.

If you have any questions, contact the Tech Team!
Colonel Dako

Re: Map Rank GL Support Bounty Competition

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Very good! I hope there are some great submissions. Happy coding, everyone.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby perchorin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 am

I don't know anything about coding, but would it be possible to get a map rank script that works on chrome?
Anyway good luck to all the competitors!
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby Dako on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 am

perchorin wrote:I don't know anything about coding, but would it be possible to get a map rank script that works on chrome?

It should be possible but not within the current scope of the bounty.
Colonel Dako

Postby perchorin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:38 am

Dako wrote:
perchorin wrote:I don't know anything about coding, but would it be possible to get a map rank script that works on chrome?

It should be possible but not within the current scope of the bounty.

awww, too bad :(
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby Swifte on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:11 am

Dako do you have a submission deadline in mind?
Colonel Swifte

Postby Dako on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:02 am

I will see how many entries we have. But I would liek to wrap it in 2 weeks.
Colonel Dako

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Sweet.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ender516 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Is there a feature in the API that identifies a game that started on a random map after the fact, or can this only be determined by scraping data from a Game Finder page?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby sherkaner on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:23 pm

ender516 wrote:Is there a feature in the API that identifies a game that started on a random map after the fact, or can this only be determined by scraping data from a Game Finder page?

No need to be scraping, but now you need another call to the API. www.conquerclub.com/api.php?mode=gameli ... =Sherkaner finds my random games.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby BluU on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Dako wrote:I will see how many entries we have. But I would liek to wrap it in 2 weeks.

any updates?
Major BluU

Postby Dako on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:01 pm

So far no entries but I have heard from some people who are working on it.

If you are one of them, by the way, please inform me of your progress and how much time do you need to complete your entry (in days or weeks),
Colonel Dako

Postby ISN2 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:44 am

I just saw this today, if there are still no entries or no completed entries, let me know to start working on it ...
Major ISN2

Postby sherkaner on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:31 am

Hmm, as far as I know there haven't been any completed entries. I'm now trying to alter/simplify it a bit here: https://github.com/sherkaner/addons-for-Conquerclub
But you're free to either join me or start with that version of the script as the startpoint, and I'd advice you to look through the code first and then determine whether you still want to.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ISN2 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:15 am

sherkaner wrote:Hmm, as far as I know there haven't been any completed entries. I'm now trying to alter/simplify it a bit here: https://github.com/sherkaner/addons-for-Conquerclub
But you're free to either join me or start with that version of the script as the startpoint, and I'd advice you to look through the code first and then determine whether you still want to.

I have already standardized whole of the code, didn't start any editing yet, just standardized and formatted codes and it's now ready for my start, I will start from first but will be happy to hear any advises if you have, specially about that matrix variable, I didn't look at it fully but didn't figure it out too (Why some combinations of indexes of it's above array are defined in it but some aren't defined!?), just saw it when formatting ...
Major ISN2

Postby sherkaner on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:42 am

ISN2 wrote:
sherkaner wrote:Hmm, as far as I know there haven't been any completed entries. I'm now trying to alter/simplify it a bit here: https://github.com/sherkaner/addons-for-Conquerclub

I have already standardized whole of the code, didn't start any editing yet, just standardized and formatted codes and it's now ready for my start, I will start from first but will be happy to hear any advises if you have, specially about that matrix variable, I didn't look at it fully but didn't figure it out too (Why some combinations of indexes of it's above array are defined in it but some aren't defined!?), just saw it when formatting ...

Ah, the medmatrix. I changed it into the following (and that seemed to work):

Code: Select all
var medmatrix = []; // possible combinations of settings to get medals.
for (var i = 0; i < 6; i++) { // 6 types of settings that could lead to medals
  for (var j = medmatrix.length - 1; j > -1; j--) {
    var temp = medmatrix[j].slice(0);
    temp.push(i);
    medmatrix.push(temp);
  }
  medmatrix.push([i]);
}
medmatrix.sort(function(a,b) { // longest combinations should be shown first
  return b.length - a.length;
});

So it's just really all possible combinations of settings that could get you to medals (medcombo and medcombourl seem related to the 6 settings btw). But I assume there is a better way that doesn't involve building the whole matrix though.

But I didn't put that in because I've made a breaking change somewhere else, now I've put it in the JSON branch (braking change: replaced eval/uneval with JSON.stringify and JSON.parse for storing/retrieving variables).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ThrushAAX on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:12 pm

I might be missing something here? But it looks like clan achievements are already supported?
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ThrushAAX on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm

nm, I was pulling from the git repo... apparently that was a pretty small change, nice job sherkaner :)
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ISN2 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:45 am

sherkaner wrote:Ah, the medmatrix. I changed it into the following (and that seemed to work):

Code: Select all
var medmatrix = []; // possible combinations of settings to get medals.
for (var i = 0; i < 6; i++) { // 6 types of settings that could lead to medals
  for (var j = medmatrix.length - 1; j > -1; j--) {
    var temp = medmatrix[j].slice(0);
    temp.push(i);
    medmatrix.push(temp);
  }
  medmatrix.push([i]);
}
medmatrix.sort(function(a,b) { // longest combinations should be shown first
  return b.length - a.length;
});

So it's just really all possible combinations of settings that could get you to medals (medcombo and medcombourl seem related to the 6 settings btw). But I assume there is a better way that doesn't involve building the whole matrix though.

But I didn't put that in because I've made a breaking change somewhere else, now I've put it in the JSON branch (braking change: replaced eval/uneval with JSON.stringify and JSON.parse for storing/retrieving variables).

Thanks for the code, still didn't start the work but seems if I want to add Map Rank med to combinations, then your code will make it easy ...
Major ISN2

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:10 am

I realize that Map Rank is currently out of commission for updates, but I wanted to add something else to the list: Speed Games. They don't work anymore with the new speed game variations.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:30 am

looking forward to see this work! :)
as a non cyborg, I have no idea of how complicated all this is to implement, but I know we are a lot out there wondering how many unique kills we have in random!
little question; while you are at it, if you add clan medals that should be simple, maybe you could also add the SOC medal and the 2 new super acheivement medals to have it complete?
Major betiko

Postby ender516 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I can't check right now as I am typing this on my new 3DS ( :D ) but aren't the training achievements already handled by Map Rank? I know I put them in the code I whipped up. (I never got the random map code finished up.) Adding the super achievements should not be too tough, IMHO.

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:15 pm

ender516 wrote:I can't check right now as I am typing this on my new 3DS ( :D ) but aren't the training achievements already handled by Map Rank? I know I put them in the code I whipped up. (I never got the random map code finished up.) Adding the super achievements should not be too tough, IMHO.

yes, actually in map rank the medals not listed are the SOC, the random, the clans and the super acheivements. It seems to me that only the random would be complicated right? also the most useful , as we know how many of these other medals we have if we look it up on our wall! :lol: but since tournament acheivements ect are listed, and that map rank gives you a "total" amount of medals, it might be better to add these new ones?
Major betiko

Postby ender516 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:09 am

betiko wrote:
ender516 wrote:I can't check right now as I am typing this on my new 3DS ( :D ) but aren't the training achievements already handled by Map Rank? I know I put them in the code I whipped up. (I never got the random map code finished up.) Adding the super achievements should not be too tough, IMHO.

yes, actually in map rank the medals not listed are the SOC, the random, the clans and the super acheivements. It seems to me that only the random would be complicated right? also the most useful , as we know how many of these other medals we have if we look it up on our wall! :lol: but since tournament acheivements ect are listed, and that map rank gives you a "total" amount of medals, it might be better to add these new ones?

You may be running an out-of-date version of Map Rank, because when I Map Rank you, the medals are all correct except for the Speed medals, which are probably broken temporarily by the recent changes in round length, which cause the API to report various numbers for round length, rather than the simple Y/N for speed games used in the past. The super achievements, apart from the Conqueror medal, have yet to be issued, but all of these should be dealt with.

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 am

Is there a private forum somewhere that we can work through this? I can be of help here, but this whole thing has me a little boggled. I've checked out the source on github, and I think that if we could put several minds to work (instead of a contest) we could make a difference.
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Next

Return to Tool Archives