Conquer Club

[FREE] Notifier and Statistic Viewer (CardsCounter,..)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[FREE] Notifier and Statistic Viewer (CardsCounter,..)

Postby kluesi on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi

I programmed a second tool called RiCo (RiskCounter). It automatically logs you in and count players, countries, armies, cards and missed turns of all players. Try it for free. It is tested on Win XP and Win 2000.I tested the Proxy function without username and password. It works, but I could not test the Proxyfunction with user and pass. If you test this please note it here.

http://www.kluesener.info/conquer.php

Have fun

Ciao jens
Cook kluesi

Postby realjag on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Hello and thank you for the very cool tool. I did not test the proxy function since I connect directly to the internet but my user name and password worked great.

I noticed 2 things. It pulled up all 4 of my games but one of them that I finished with my turn a few minutes before, still lists it as my turn. The players are also not in the correct order.

Also, There is a game I joined that the first person still has not taken their turn. RiCo list the game number but none of the players.

I'm not complaining, just giving feedback.

Thanks again for your hard work.
Private 1st Class realjag

Postby mortalhorton on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:22 pm

I have just installed it not sure if its working or not looks like it is . I installed the first one & it says put rss id here . im not sure what that is tho
Sergeant 1st Class mortalhorton

Postby tahitiwahini on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:31 pm

mortalhorton wrote:I have just installed it not sure if its working or not looks like it is . I installed the first one & it says put rss id here . im not sure what that is tho

Your RSS id can be found by going to My Games and then clicking on the personalized RSS feed link. Now look at the url in the browser's address box for the current page. The last 6 digits are your RSS id.

When you run Conquercheck it will respond with something like:

305573 Round 24 - WAITING
305849 Round 9 - WAITING
311702 Round 6 - WAITING
312707 Round 16 - ELIMINATED
312789 Round 13 - ELIMINATED
313278 Round 14 - ELIMINATED
317636 Round 15 - ELIMINATED
318316 Round 10 - WAITING
318366 Round 9 - WAITING
318367 Round 9 - WAITING
318671 Round 6 - WAITING
322584 Round 4 - WAITING
333044 Round 1 - WAITING
333059 Round 3 - WAITING
333112 Round 1 - WAITING
333270 Round 2 - WAITING

It looks like this tool is accurate. However, there are other tools available from the Utilities and Plugins for Conquer Club thread in this forum. I recommend these three (in order of my preference, the first being the one I like the most):

1. Conquer Tell Notifier
2. Desktop Notifier
3. Tell Me When Notifier (note that this one requires that you have the .NET framework installed -- it's free from Microsoft but you will have to install it if it isn't already there).

I generally prefer the user interfaces of these three existing tools over this new one. But people have very individualistic opinions about user interfaces so give this new tool a try and see which one you prefer. I believe they all give accurate information (since they're all based off of the same RSS feed, I guess that's not surprising).

Some of them can give audio alerts or even e-mail alerts when one of your games becomes ready if those are of interest to you.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini
Private 1st Class tahitiwahini

Postby tahitiwahini on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 pm

realjag wrote:Hello and thank you for the very cool tool. I did not test the proxy function since I connect directly to the internet but my user name and password worked great.

I noticed 2 things. It pulled up all 4 of my games but one of them that I finished with my turn a few minutes before, still lists it as my turn. The players are also not in the correct order.

Also, There is a game I joined that the first person still has not taken their turn. RiCo list the game number but none of the players.

I'm not complaining, just giving feedback.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Yes, thanks for sharing a very cool tool. I didn't test the proxy function either since I too directly connect to the internet as well. The name and password work well.

I noticed a couple of problems:

1) In several of the games it reported that players had a negative number of cards (Games 296965, 318316, and 318367).

2) It seemed to miss listing some of the still active players for certain active games (333112 and 333270).

Other than those two problems it seemed to work well.

Pros:
Some people cannot use the Firefox browser and therefore cannot use the greasemonkey scripts. This new tool doesn't require either Firefox or greasemokey.

Cons:
I like the fact that the greasemonkey scripts integrate themselves into the game window and appear to be part of the game.

I love Tr0y's greasemonkey script (especially with the Roberts Mods by stocksr) which provides additional very important information such as the expected number of armies due each player next turn.

I love the ability to modify the greasemonkey script myself. Granted not everyone is going to want to do this, but if I want to modify how the expected number of armies due each player is calculated, I can go into the script and change it.

So, my overall evaluation is use the Conquer Club greasemonkey script if you can, if you can't for some reason you should use the new tool.

One important note: when you configure this new application it requires you to provide your username and password so that it can log into the site and obtain the information it needs. Well, you are essentially giving away this important security information to the tool to do with it what it wishes. Now, I'm not accusing the author of any nefarious purpose, but the fact remains that you are somewhat vulnerable when you use this tool. So my recommendation is that you try the tool if you are interested. After you have tried the tool and if you decide not to keep using it, then immediately change your password at CC using the Change My Password menu from the My Settings option of the Personal Menu. Then you will be back to being the only one who knows your password.

Thanks for sharing your tool. Nice work.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby kluesi on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:53 am

Hi

Yes, now I also see some problems with RiCi. I just solve the problems and then I post a new version here.

Many thanks

Jens
Cook kluesi

Postby kluesi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi all

I compiled a new version of RiCo (NOT CONQUERCHECK!!!). You can download it for free. Look at the top of this thread for the download adress.

Please give me a message at this point if it works good.

Bye kluesi
Cook kluesi

Postby kluesi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:31 am

Hi

Ok, I just see two problems. Some player are not listed. This is solved in the next version. And it exists a negativ amount of cards if one player eliminated another one and get his cards. This point I had to ad. Then I think I inserted all possibilities.

I post it here if I had finished this tool.

Bye Kluesi
Cook kluesi

Postby alex_white101 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:08 am

tahitiwahini wrote:
mortalhorton wrote:I have just installed it not sure if its working or not looks like it is . I installed the first one & it says put rss id here . im not sure what that is tho

Your RSS id can be found by going to My Games and then clicking on the personalized RSS feed link. Now look at the url in the browser's address box for the current page. The last 6 digits are your RSS id.

When you run Conquercheck it will respond with something like:

305573 Round 24 - WAITING
305849 Round 9 - WAITING
311702 Round 6 - WAITING
312707 Round 16 - ELIMINATED
312789 Round 13 - ELIMINATED
313278 Round 14 - ELIMINATED
317636 Round 15 - ELIMINATED

318316 Round 10 - WAITING
318366 Round 9 - WAITING
318367 Round 9 - WAITING
318671 Round 6 - WAITING
322584 Round 4 - WAITING
333044 Round 1 - WAITING
333059 Round 3 - WAITING
333112 Round 1 - WAITING
333270 Round 2 - WAITING

It looks like this tool is accurate. However, there are other tools available from the Utilities and Plugins for Conquer Club thread in this forum. I recommend these three (in order of my preference, the first being the one I like the most):

1. Conquer Tell Notifier
2. Desktop Notifier
3. Tell Me When Notifier (note that this one requires that you have the .NET framework installed -- it's free from Microsoft but you will have to install it if it isn't already there).

I generally prefer the user interfaces of these three existing tools over this new one. But people have very individualistic opinions about user interfaces so give this new tool a try and see which one you prefer. I believe they all give accurate information (since they're all based off of the same RSS feed, I guess that's not surprising).

Some of them can give audio alerts or even e-mail alerts when one of your games becomes ready if those are of interest to you.

thas a whole lot of eliminated :lol:
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby tahitiwahini on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:56 am

Yeah, tell me about it.

My win/loss percentage wouldn't even make a good baseball batting average.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby cricket on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:26 am

when i click download file, it says "what should firefox do with this file?"

which file should i open it with?

thanks
I am cricket, the cricket playing cricketer. The Master Blaster is the best in the world.

Highest Score - 1888
Highest Place - 292
Current Rank - Lieutenant
Current Score - 1630
Sergeant 1st Class cricket

Postby tahitiwahini on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:59 am

cricket wrote:when i click download file, it says "what should firefox do with this file?"

which file should i open it with?

thanks

If I remember correctly, the file that you download is compressed (RAR file). You need to use an unzip utility to decompress it.

Save it to your desktop.

If you don't already have an unzip utility I heartily recommend a free one you can get here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

You probably want the first one listed (non-beta windows 32 bit).

Download 7 zip and install it.

Go to the compressed RAR file you saved on your desktop. Right-click it and pick the 7 zip option and then Extract files...

The application in this thread really doesn't require Firefox (or greasemonkey either for that matter). I guess that's it's major claim to fame, because some people can't or won't use Firefox it's the only card counter for CC they can use.

Good luck.
Cheers,
Tahitiwahini

Postby kluesi on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:03 am

Ok.

Now I think I have a absolute correct version. The new version is now online and you can download it for free. I added a statistic value. It ist the ratio of countries an armies (countries / armies).

The main goal of this tool is to count the cards of the other player.

I hope you enjoy the tool. Please let me know if you think it is a great tool.

Many thanks

Jens
Cook kluesi

Postby nagerous on Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:32 am

it says I have 9 cards for one of my games :O and another player has 0 when I know he has at least four
Captain nagerous

Rico

Postby fraggle on Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:21 am

I like the idea, and I really appreciate that you are investing your time to help all of us. But, so far I think it's still not quite right. I have founr open games. Three of them have all user names crossed off. Two of them have players with 6 or more cards (one has 8).

Please, stick with it. I can't wait to see this work. It will be very handy. But, I think it still needs a little tweaking.

Good luck with it!
Corporal 1st Class fraggle

Postby kalishnikov on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:06 am

The new version does well for counting cards (mostly: 1 game it says a player has 9 cards), but other then that it only gives proper statistics for one game that I'm in.

No Firefox for me so this is as good as it's gonna get...

Thanks for the tool though, even card count is quite hepful.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby kluesi on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:00 am

Hi

What about the cards. The actual version is 1.0.3.20. Is there everything all right with the new version? Pleas let me know about problems.

If anybody have got a problem with the tool, pleas send me (per pm) the HTML code of the Game-Page and the problem.

Many thanks

Kluesi
Cook kluesi

Postby kluesi on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:29 am

Hi

New Conquer-Layout needs the new RiCo application. The working version is now 1.0.3.21.

Bye Kluesi
Cook kluesi

Return to Tool Archives