Conquer Club

GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1v1 (cancelled)

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1v1 (cancelled)

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:45 pm

If I am still alive after my 9th tournament, I'd like to host a "Point Whore" tournament and am looking for some constructive input.

I understand that 2000 is the maximum-minimum level for normal tourneys. If that is so, then this is an ALL COMERS tourney, and I'd set up a supplemntal one for Brig+ myself outside of official Tourneys.

Point Whores: people that would sell their soul (if they had one) for a few points, usually classified as Farmers. I get so much shit for managing the risk of losing points that I'd like to see how we all compare. Because i am too damn scared of losing too many points, I'd want to limit it to Brigadiers and above. I may even host one "all joiners welcome -- that are (or were in a previous life) true point whoring farmers" anyway -- with Brigs and above offline here.

Title: "GLG#10 Point Whores R Us"
Type: singles 16 1v1 -- but if enough participants will open to 24-32 * * *NOT TEAMS (rbelgrod)
Topic: Point whoring Farmers Unite
Organizer: Gen.LeeGettinhed
Comments: (details below Results/games)

Notes:
-open to ideas, but would like it on a quick small map -- like Doodle Earth (or Lux).
-standard, automatic, sequential, escalating, chained, no fog, 20 round limit.
-open to freemium/premium -- need 1 slot left open
-I will not be playing (the risk) except if enough Brig+ want to join (in the unofficial version -- need at least 4, prefer 8, 16)
-no losers bracket redemption
-if more than 16, will accept
-MUST reply to this thread (per Serbia, tourney Director) -- NO PM's or emails, please.
-open to ideas, maps (but prefer small quick)
-let me know if ONLY all comers or just Brig+ or both.

Feel free to contact Farmers or nominate the best (currrent or ex-). PLEASE don't troll the thread, this is a legitimate tourney draft.

GLG P.W.
Last edited by Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Re: GLG#10 - Point Whores R US

Postby Mageplunka69 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 pm

in please ...team to be determined soon....but so far...rbelgrod....merch ....
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby QoH on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 pm

rbelgrod wrote:in please ...team to be determined soon....but so far...rbelgrod....merch ....

:lol: :lol:
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 pm

rbelgrod wrote:in please ...team to be determined soon....but so far...rbelgrod....merch ....

dude: standard 1v1. . . not teams.

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:If I am still alive after my 9th tournament, I'd like to host a "Point Whore" tournament and am looking for some constructive input.

I understand that 2000 is the maximum-minimum level for normal tourneys. If that is so, then this is an ALL COMERS tourney, and I'd set up a supplemntal one for Brig+ myself outside of official Tourneys.

Point Whores: people that would sell their soul (if they had one) or their momma for a few points, usually classified as Farmers. I get so much shit for managing the risk of losing points that I'd like to see how we all compare. Because i am too damn scared of losing too many points, I'd want to limit it to Brigadiers and above. I may even host one "all joiners welcome -- that are (or were in a previous life) true point whoring farmers" anyway -- with Brigs and above offline here.

Title: "GLG#10 Point Whores R Us"
Type: singles 16 1v1 -- but if enough participants will open to 24-32 * * *NOT TEAMS (rbelgrod)
Topic: Point whoring Farmers Unite
Organizer: Gen.LeeGettinhed
Comments: (details below Results/games)

Notes:
-open to ideas, but would like it on a quick small map -- like Doodle Earth (or Lux).
-standard, automatic, sequential, escalating, chained, no fog, 20 round limit.
-open to freemium/premium -- need 1 slot left open
-I will not be playing (the risk) except if enough Brig+ want to join (in the unofficial version -- need at least 4, prefer 8, 16)
-no losers bracket redemption
-if more than 16, will accept
-MUST reply to this thread (per Serbia, tourney Director) -- NO PM's or emails, please.
-open to ideas, maps (but prefer small quick)
-let me know if ONLY all comers or just Brig+ or both.

Feel free to contact Farmers or nominate the best (currrent or ex-). PLEASE don't troll the thread, this is a legitimate tourney draft.

GLG P.W.

Postby greenoaks on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 pm

most of the threads i see relate to teams creating heaps of the same map/settings and waiting for the unsuspecting to join.

so why not do this as a team event. best of 3. 1 game each of the farming team's map/settings and 1 random map, standard settings. you would only need 8 teams this way.

or you could reserve spots for 8 teams that are famous for doing this and open it to the public for another 8 teams. this would meet the 'no more than 50% of the places reserved' policy in the tourney handbook.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1vv1

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I will be in this tourney but really not sure of the format--I read through and it looks like you want ideas for it--I think it is confusing people and that is why they are not signing up.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Re: GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1vv1

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

Note:

-cancelling this 10a due to lack of interest in 1v1's on this topic
-shifted to GLG#5 (was 10b) for dubs - 9 teams, 3 pools; adv 4 (winners +wild card) to semi's

GLG

Return to Abandoned