GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1v1 (cancelled)

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1v1 (cancelled)

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:45 pm

If I am still alive after my 9th tournament, I'd like to host a "Point Whore" tournament and am looking for some constructive input.

I understand that 2000 is the maximum-minimum level for normal tourneys. If that is so, then this is an ALL COMERS tourney, and I'd set up a supplemntal one for Brig+ myself outside of official Tourneys.

Point Whores: people that would sell their soul (if they had one) for a few points, usually classified as Farmers. I get so much shit for managing the risk of losing points that I'd like to see how we all compare. Because i am too damn scared of losing too many points, I'd want to limit it to Brigadiers and above. I may even host one "all joiners welcome -- that are (or were in a previous life) true point whoring farmers" anyway -- with Brigs and above offline here.

Title: "GLG#10 Point Whores R Us"
Type: singles 16 1v1 -- but if enough participants will open to 24-32 * * *NOT TEAMS (rbelgrod)
Topic: Point whoring Farmers Unite
Organizer: Gen.LeeGettinhed
Comments: (details below Results/games)

Notes:
-open to ideas, but would like it on a quick small map -- like Doodle Earth (or Lux).
-standard, automatic, sequential, escalating, chained, no fog, 20 round limit.
-open to freemium/premium -- need 1 slot left open
-I will not be playing (the risk) except if enough Brig+ want to join (in the unofficial version -- need at least 4, prefer 8, 16)
-no losers bracket redemption
-if more than 16, will accept
-MUST reply to this thread (per Serbia, tourney Director) -- NO PM's or emails, please.
-open to ideas, maps (but prefer small quick)
-let me know if ONLY all comers or just Brig+ or both.

Feel free to contact Farmers or nominate the best (currrent or ex-). PLEASE don't troll the thread, this is a legitimate tourney draft.

GLG P.W.
Last edited by Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Re: GLG#10 - Point Whores R US

Postby Mageplunka69 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 pm

in please ...team to be determined soon....but so far...rbelgrod....merch ....
Major Mageplunka69

Medals: 87
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby QoH on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 pm

rbelgrod wrote:in please ...team to be determined soon....but so far...rbelgrod....merch ....

:lol: :lol:
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 pm

rbelgrod wrote:in please ...team to be determined soon....but so far...rbelgrod....merch ....

dude: standard 1v1. . . not teams.

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:If I am still alive after my 9th tournament, I'd like to host a "Point Whore" tournament and am looking for some constructive input.

I understand that 2000 is the maximum-minimum level for normal tourneys. If that is so, then this is an ALL COMERS tourney, and I'd set up a supplemntal one for Brig+ myself outside of official Tourneys.

Point Whores: people that would sell their soul (if they had one) or their momma for a few points, usually classified as Farmers. I get so much shit for managing the risk of losing points that I'd like to see how we all compare. Because i am too damn scared of losing too many points, I'd want to limit it to Brigadiers and above. I may even host one "all joiners welcome -- that are (or were in a previous life) true point whoring farmers" anyway -- with Brigs and above offline here.

Title: "GLG#10 Point Whores R Us"
Type: singles 16 1v1 -- but if enough participants will open to 24-32 * * *NOT TEAMS (rbelgrod)
Topic: Point whoring Farmers Unite
Organizer: Gen.LeeGettinhed
Comments: (details below Results/games)

Notes:
-open to ideas, but would like it on a quick small map -- like Doodle Earth (or Lux).
-standard, automatic, sequential, escalating, chained, no fog, 20 round limit.
-open to freemium/premium -- need 1 slot left open
-I will not be playing (the risk) except if enough Brig+ want to join (in the unofficial version -- need at least 4, prefer 8, 16)
-no losers bracket redemption
-if more than 16, will accept
-MUST reply to this thread (per Serbia, tourney Director) -- NO PM's or emails, please.
-open to ideas, maps (but prefer small quick)
-let me know if ONLY all comers or just Brig+ or both.

Feel free to contact Farmers or nominate the best (currrent or ex-). PLEASE don't troll the thread, this is a legitimate tourney draft.

GLG P.W.

Postby greenoaks on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:34 pm

most of the threads i see relate to teams creating heaps of the same map/settings and waiting for the unsuspecting to join.

so why not do this as a team event. best of 3. 1 game each of the farming team's map/settings and 1 random map, standard settings. you would only need 8 teams this way.

or you could reserve spots for 8 teams that are famous for doing this and open it to the public for another 8 teams. this would meet the 'no more than 50% of the places reserved' policy in the tourney handbook.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1vv1

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I will be in this tourney but really not sure of the format--I read through and it looks like you want ideas for it--I think it is confusing people and that is why they are not signing up.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (2)

Re: GLG#10a - Point Whores R US 1vv1

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

Note:

-cancelling this 10a due to lack of interest in 1v1's on this topic
-shifted to GLG#5 (was 10b) for dubs - 9 teams, 3 pools; adv 4 (winners +wild card) to semi's

GLG

Return to Abandoned