Conquer Club

Human Anatomy

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Human Anatomy

Postby drake_pk7 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:42 am

Map Name: Human Anatomy
Mapmaker(s):
Number of Territories:
Special Features:
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Imagine a map where every part of the body is a territory. Like organs, bones, blood streams, etc. Continents could be different systems like digestive or circulatory. The brain would be an inset, like LA and the bay area in the new California map. So maybe even if you own the whole brain, you win. But the point of the map is a person's body is up for grabs from the many different factions that are conquerclub.

Yeah, I'd like to find out if this idea has ever been suggested? I don't have great skills with illustrations, but I imagine it'd be something to think about to those wonderful few who can bring maps to life.
Cook drake_pk7

Re: Human Anatomy

Postby natty dread on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am

drake_pk7 wrote:Yeah, I'd like to find out if this idea has ever been suggested?

Let me introduce to you a little thing called the search function.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=human+anatomy&fid%5B%5D=63
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Gillipig on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:08 pm

drake_pk7 wrote:Map Name: Human Anatomy
Mapmaker(s):
Number of Territories:
Special Features:
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Imagine a map where every part of the body is a territory. Like organs, bones, blood streams, etc. Continents could be different systems like digestive or circulatory. The brain would be an inset, like LA and the bay area in the new California map. So maybe even if you own the whole brain, you win. But the point of the map is a person's body is up for grabs from the many different factions that are conquerclub.

Yeah, I'd like to find out if this idea has ever been suggested? I don't have great skills with illustrations, but I imagine it'd be something to think about to those wonderful few who can bring maps to life.

I've thought of that as well. And so has apparently many others :) . But no one has made a serious attempt at making a map of it. The genitals would obviously have to be censored out in some ways (there are kids on here you know ;) ) but otherwise I don't see any problem with the idea. No censorship issues and everyone is familiar with the human body so if it's well done I think a lot of people would play it.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:36 am

Gillipig wrote: But no one has made a serious attempt at making a map of it.

I beg to differ.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=75340
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby Gillipig on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:52 am

lostatlimbo wrote:
Gillipig wrote: But no one has made a serious attempt at making a map of it.

I beg to differ.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=75340

You're right, that's a pretty darn good attempt! Why did you stop working on it?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 am

It got to a point where most of the feedback was that the gameplay wouldn't work and I wasn't sure where else to take it. I might take another crack at it yet.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 am

Wow, exactly what I expected to see after the cow. :roll:

Like already others said, many tried...no one finished it.
The best attempt I saw was the one lost@limbo tried but:

lostatlimbo wrote:It got to a point where most of the feedback was that the gameplay wouldn't work.

Exactly the problem with that type of map. It can't work.
Really your attempt was nice to see, but gameplay will never work for this type of maps because the idea behind them sucks.

Anyways, right now this one is not a draft so I move this topic to ideas.

[Moved]

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby lykoz on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Best Idea for a map ;) and apart from learning history, can make conquerclub educational from an anatomical point of view...

I good accurate map, will be a revalation and could open a whole new avenue for advertsisng for CC from an educational point of view ;)

A series of education maps for kids, and varsity level students would be an awesome way to learn the human body, and have fun while doing it... Just my 2 cents.. But I would love to see the human anatomy in a map on CC
Lieutenant lykoz

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas