Conquer Club

Nuclear Revamp

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Nuclear Revamp

Postby KingBohica on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm

I've never been much into the 'nuclear' setting, seems a bit too random to me. So, here's my suggestion: Rather than the current system of the territories that are on the cards being turned in getting nuked, allow a target territory to be selected. The selected territory has its armies reduced in the following way:

25% Reduction for Red Set
50% Reduction for Green Set
75% Reduction for Blue Set
100% Reduction for Rainbow Set

The territories on the cards turned in would then each receive a -2 'bonus', the opposite of what they get in other game settings.
Sergeant 1st Class KingBohica

Re: Nuclear Revamp

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 pm

not a bad idea, but they couldnt do the -2 bonus, that would be quite a bit of programming
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 am

not going to happen.

however, your idea could be developed into a fully fledged spoils version.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby KingBohica on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:25 am

greenoaks wrote:not going to happen.

however, your idea could be developed into a fully fledged spoils version.

Right, well it wouldn't have to replace nuclear, could be a its own thing. Either way.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:48 am

Its not a bad idea, but I think there are a lot of other suggestions that would do far more.

For example.. what ever happened to the infected nuetral idea?
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:16 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:Its not a bad idea, but I think there are a lot of other suggestions that would do far more.

For example.. what ever happened to the infected nuetral idea?

I don't see the need to shoot down a suggestion because you believe better ideas exist. Don't worry - if this is accepted, it will go to the abyss of Submitted Suggestions to die with the rest of them.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby KingBohica on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:not a bad idea, but they couldnt do the -2 bonus, that would be quite a bit of programming

I don't see why, there are plenty of games that certain territories are -1 at the start of a turn, etc.

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 pm

KingBohica wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:not a bad idea, but they couldnt do the -2 bonus, that would be quite a bit of programming

I don't see why, there are plenty of games that certain territories are -1 at the start of a turn, etc.

Because there's a big difference between a territory that always has decay, and one that starts normal and then gets decay at some point in the game. At the current time, there's nothing like that in the game.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby KingBohica on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
KingBohica wrote:

Because there's a big difference between a territory that always has decay, and one that starts normal and then gets decay at some point in the game. At the current time, there's nothing like that in the game.

Ok, but if there is code in place to add 2 troops to cards used already, why would it take so much programming to subtract 2 instead? Not trying to be argumentative, I just seem to be missing something here.

Postby anonymus on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:18 am

KingBohica wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
KingBohica wrote:

Ok, but if there is code in place to add 2 troops to cards used already, why would it take so much programming to subtract 2 instead? Not trying to be argumentative, I just seem to be missing something here.

lacks keybord is missing.. that is why most suggs takes forever to implement.. imagine having to write all that code only through "edit>insert character" using only a mouse..

but hopefully the revenues from Conquer Cup will be enough to buy a new one and then changing the old +2 to -2 should be easy as pie!

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry, I somehow completely misread the suggestion. I thought you were asking for -2 each turn. A one-time -2 shouldn't be a big deal.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:22 pm

if only i could say hell no and veto this....
hell no. the veto will have to wait for my love for genny.
no cosmetic surgery for genny!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Archived Suggestions