Conquer Club

Medal Stripping

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Medal Stripping

Postby kennys777 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:38 am

I am sorry! Case closed!
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Dako on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:29 am

I like medals.
Colonel Dako

Postby John Deere on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:37 am

Dako wrote:I like medals.

You too? You greedy.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D There are a couple of us that enjoy a little reward after a hard fight :)
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby eddie2 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:46 pm

hummmmmmm well i can see some major problems with what has happened with this.

Masli wrote:Clan Medals
War Thread Behaviour
In the past, we’ve locked war threads due to the behaviour of a single individual, thus inherently punishing both clans. In order to be consistent, this will only be applied by the Clan Dept Head (most often these issues are raised by the CD team).

by the sounds of it chemefreak you have been dealing with this all contact about the non issue of medals should of came from masli, That is part of the rule.
also when were the pack notified that certain players would not recieve medals, after the war was finished ??? The pack should of been notified straight away about this. if there were still games to be created the pack could of used different players to get there medals. dont get me wrong if you feel the posts were that offensive then fair enough but you should not wait until the end of the war to tell them.

also this part needs to be made more clear.
n order to curb some poor behaviour in the war threads, players will be denied medals if their behaviour is deemed to be disruptive or inappropriate,

in war threads you will always find 1 person taking offense to certain things. i can give you a perfect example of where this should of been used.

1st reg v aka pirlo came into the thread at the end of the war with a post full of abuse to me this was reported to masli straight away masli deleted the post and issued a warning. but i see pirlo still recieved the medal for the war. So this shows inconsistancy with the rule.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby codeblue1018 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:45 pm

eddie2 wrote:hummmmmmm well i can see some major problems with what has happened with this.

War Thread Behaviour
In the past, we’ve locked war threads due to the behaviour of a single individual, thus inherently punishing both clans. In order to be consistent, this will only be applied by the Clan Dept Head (most often these issues are raised by the CD team).

by the sounds of it chemefreak you have been dealing with this all contact about the non issue of medals should of came from masli, That is part of the rule.
also when were the pack notified that certain players would not recieve medals, after the war was finished ??? The pack should of been notified straight away about this. if there were still games to be created the pack could of used different players to get there medals. dont get me wrong if you feel the posts were that offensive then fair enough but you should not wait until the end of the war to tell them.

n order to curb some poor behaviour in the war threads, players will be denied medals if their behaviour is deemed to be disruptive or inappropriate,

in war threads you will always find 1 person taking offense to certain things. i can give you a perfect example of where this should of been used.

1st reg v aka pirlo came into the thread at the end of the war with a post full of abuse to me this was reported to masli straight away masli deleted the post and issued a warning. but i see pirlo still recieved the medal for the war. So this shows inconsistancy with the rule.

Eddie; feel free to read the entire thread before coming to Conclusions. The case regarding you and Pirlo and the entire thread with pack members is night and day. It wasn't a one time incident after warnings were given mate.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby MegasWoman on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:39 pm

TheMissionary wrote:I'm still young, but one thing I've learned in life: no matter what anyone says, take it with a grain of salt. Saves the hassle later, and keeps the fools at rest.

=D> =D> Well said!! Kinda along the lines of "pick your wars...some things are just not worth it"
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby AgentSmith88 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:19 am

eddie2 wrote:hummmmmmm well i can see some major problems with what has happened with this.

War Thread Behaviour

I didn't look into that thread, but your reputation as an instigator does not help your case for pirlo losing a medal. Whether you did in this case or not is irrelevant, you have earned your reputation and will be treated differently as such (whether that's fair or not)
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby eddie2 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:37 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:
I didn't look into that thread, but your reputation as an instigator does not help your case for pirlo losing a medal. Whether you did in this case or not is irrelevant, you have earned your reputation and will be treated differently as such (whether that's fair or not)

lol this sounds mad rules are made and need to be followed. Am i chasing the thing with pirlo ?????

let me awnser that. no i am not had i even looked at it before i made the post???? no i had not. and your post is the biggest load of bull i have read in some time. it should not matter who the victim is if a rule is there it should be enforced to everyone what i am saying is there was no advance notice of this happening before the war ended and the offical refusal of medals being issued to certain players came from chemefreak when it should of came from masli as the rule states.

ps pirlos outburst was after the war was finished. and was because 1st reg were caught cheating during the war. signing a player up to play games who was absent from site being told to drop that player from games by masli. then telling us he was back in 2 days so we allowed him to stay in place. but 1 week later sitters were posting (players name) back in game chat when he wasnt, and it was his sitters posting. but i am not chasing pirlo to have a medal removed i am just using it as a example. and ps codieblue i did read some of the thread. but the case still lies with chemefreak did not follow the rules as they are stated. (if this was a court of law charges would be dropped because chemefreak did not follow procedure. :lol: :lol: )
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby jj3044 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 pm

1) This isn't a court of law.

2) There was always going to be 1 clan that got hit with the rule "first". To think you were discriminated against because you were the first clan the rule got applied to is a bit foolish.

3) Am I the only one who plainly sees that there were TWO warnings in the thread? I definitely think the post on page 21 would count as a warning.
Colonel jj3044

Re: Another Parental Warning Move By CC

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm

absolute garbage. this is based on 2 specific clan battle threads that one side in both situations got owned and then overly reported posts. instead of telling the offended to "suck it up cupcake", CC made a rule change to ruin even more of the fun in the forums. hell, if you don't like the posts, don't read them!!! you can get your games to join and check the score without EVER HAVING TO READ A POST BY ANYONE IN THE THREAD!! seems like CC over stepping it's bounds and treating adults like children. because a few got their feelings hurt, doesn't mean EVERYONE will get their feelings hurt. the BpB vs. THOTA thread was locked due to over reporting of posts, and the views on the thread continued to climb. what point was proven? none. again, if you don't like the thread, don't read it. it is that simple. and yes, you can participate in a clan war without reading the shared War thread!!! SUCK IT UP, CUPCAKES!!! THIS IS CONQUER CLUB NOT PLAY NICE CLUB!!!-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Timminz on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:39 pm

I once won a silver medal in stripping.
Captain Timminz

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Timminz wrote:I once won a silver medal in stripping.

Now that's a medal! =D>
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby grifftron on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:57 pm

jj3044 wrote:1) This isn't a court of law. Obviously captain obvious

2) There was always going to be 1 clan that got hit with the rule "first". To think you were discriminated against because you were the first clan the rule got applied to is a bit foolish. Unless you were that clan of course... then you wouldn't be happy now would you?

3) Am I the only one who plainly sees that there were TWO warnings in the thread? I definitely think the post on page 21 would count as a warning. OK yes we see they hinted at us to stop being naughty, we get it, we got it... we could care less about our medals now as we know the mods on CC would never overturn their ruling or it would be chaos and the world would end. I was pissed at first because I am a big fan of medals and we worked hard to win that war.. after the "official warning" we stopped.. the first warning was clearly not official to us, but to clans that want us to get stripped naked they would state that it was a "official warning".. so this is a never ending thread...
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jgordon1111 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Either way this goes a precedent has now been set,Clan members have been stripped of their medals.The only thing I hope is that in the future any CLAN WARNEDrecieves the same penalty.for across the board fairness
Private jgordon1111

Postby John Deere on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:59 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:Either way this goes a precedent has now been set,Clan members have been stripped of their medals.The only thing I hope is that in the future any CLAN WARNEDrecieves the same penalty.for across the board fairness
They already said we dont have to be warned. So any of us can loose our medals if we do "something" they dont like...... GL figuring out what something is.....They wont tell us anything specific ;)
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby QoH on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 pm

John Deere wrote:They already said we dont have to be warned. So any of us can loose our medals if we do "something" they dont like...... GL figuring out what something is.....They wont tell us anything specific ;)

May I refer you to this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156066
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby jgordon1111 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 pm

I believe then that they may be telling us in their own way that the letter of the rules will be inforced. And again my reply is that it is fair and across the board equal from this point forward.That any and all who violate the rules are punished exactly the same,no grey areas at all. None of this well that wasnt as bad as what so and so did,No if you are going to set guidelines as rules then follow them for everyone an offense of the rules is equally offensive no matter the circumstances.
Private jgordon1111

Postby jj3044 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:48 pm

grifftron wrote:

2) There was always going to be 1 clan that got hit with the rule "first". To think you were discriminated against because you were the first clan the rule got applied to is a bit foolish. Unless you were that clan of course... then you wouldn't be happy now would you?

3) Am I the only one who plainly sees that there were TWO warnings in the thread? I definitely think the post on page 21 would count as a warning. OK yes we see they hinted at us to stop being naughty, we get it, we got it... we could care less about our medals now as we know the mods on CC would never overturn their ruling or it would be chaos and the world would end. I was pissed at first because I am a big fan of medals and we worked hard to win that war.. after the "official warning" we stopped.. the first warning was clearly not official to us, but to clans that want us to get stripped naked they would state that it was a "official warning".. so this is a never ending thread...

Lets be clear, Griff... I have absolutely no vested interest weather or not your medals get stripped. I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. ;)

Just trying to give my fact based opinion here.
Colonel jj3044

Postby grifftron on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:52 pm

jj3044 wrote:
grifftron wrote:

Lets be clear, Griff... I have absolutely no vested interest weather or not your medals get stripped. I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. ;)

Just trying to give my fact based opinion here.

Would you be upset if a mod came in your war thread, said something that made you not so happy and in the heat of the moment you called that mod (who wasn't even in the war) a dickhead... then didn't receive your medal because you called that mod a dickhead? Call that as you see it, interested to see your response.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 am

actually griff, you said it to a mod who removed his mod hat, as he quoted, to say something unpleassant (again, and as happened during the whole war) about the pack, so technically used a small window of time to answer while his mod hat was not on his head. It's easy to remove literally your mod had to say bad things then punishing whoever replies pissed off stripping a hardly earned medal. life is pain, as his avatar says!

what happened to your cute puppy avatar?? lol, it didn't last long!
Major betiko

Postby jghost7 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 am

grifftron wrote:

2) There was always going to be 1 clan that got hit with the rule "first". To think you were discriminated against because you were the first clan the rule got applied to is a bit foolish. Unless you were that clan of course... then you wouldn't be happy now would you? I don't think that anyone is upset about being first. There are some big concerns about this vague statement that they call a rule. The first is the fact that the rule is vague and has no definition allowing interpretations to be varied, nonuniform, and based on an opinion. In addition, the fact that only a small group(clan war winners only) are being targeted for disciplinary actions is unjust when indeed there are usually multiple sides to any post. With such a purely undefined statement being used as a "rule", the warning/notice becomes VERY important, and must be clear; I also believe that the warning must be required with the exception of infractions that cross the forum-wide boundary. In my opinion, if the CD's only recourse is to withhold the clan medals, then they should not be trying to meddle in the war threads. This action is flawed because it only covers about 11-30 players at one time vs. 550000+ players that are permitted to post in a clan war thread. I believe that if they were to have an option to cover the non-winning/non-participating violators then it would at least have the option to be fair once they clarified the rule.

3) Am I the only one who plainly sees that there were TWO warnings in the thread? I definitely think the post on page 21 would count as a warning. OK yes we see they hinted at us to stop being naughty, we get it, we got it... we could care less about our medals now as we know the mods on CC would never overturn their ruling or it would be chaos and the world would end. I was pissed at first because I am a big fan of medals and we worked hard to win that war.. after the "official warning" we stopped.. the first warning was clearly not official to us, but to clans that want us to get stripped naked they would state that it was a "official warning".. so this is a never ending thread... Uhhhhh....no....that is not a warning on page 21. As stated by cheme, it was a reminder to everyone that the vague statement(rule?) existed. He even adds that he finds the thread "highly amusing and right on the edge of what a war thread should look like." Here it is for your perusal...

chemefreak wrote:
hmsps wrote:
chemefreak wrote:I just want to let everyone know that the CDs are watching this thread closely. I also want to remind you all of the following:

Subject: Clan Medals [Revamp 2011]

War Thread Behaviour

In order to curb some poor behaviour in the war threads, players will be denied medals if their behaviour is deemed to be disruptive or inappropriate, even if it does not meet the site wide policy for a forum infraction. In the past, we’ve locked war threads due to the behaviour of a single individual, thus inherently punishing both clans. In order to be consistent, this will only be applied by the Clan Dept Head (most often these issues are raised by the CD team).

In other words, let's keep this civil. Thanks.
Can you quote specifically what particular posts you are getting at or is this just another one jumping on the posters against the pack bandwagon? I have no particular allegience to either clan but it does seem that the so called neutrals on here seem to be well against the pack and their members. Certain members of the pack have continued to request that the thread is kept civil and asked that certain posters respectfully refrain from posting but the baits keep coming. I therefore hope your comment was more of a general observation as opposed to another biased attack

To the Peanut Gallery:

Both clan leaders know we CDs, myself included, have nothing against either clan. If fact, both clan leaders have pm'd me expressing their approval of this reminder. The reminder was directed at everyone, including players not in this war. Thus far the thread is highly amusing and right on the edge (give or take a word or two) of what a WAR thread probably should look like. If anyone has any further issues please feel free to message any of the CDs for further discussions.

This one is going to be close. I personally blew my prediction on this one. For that, I anticipate plenty of (deserved) crap from The Pack ;) Let's keep in clean and keep it fun.

Cheers.
Major jghost7

Postby jj3044 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 am

grifftron wrote:Would you be upset if a mod came in your war thread, said something that made you not so happy and in the heat of the moment you called that mod (who wasn't even in the war) a dickhead... then didn't receive your medal because you called that mod a dickhead? Call that as you see it, interested to see your response.

-griff

To be honest, you would never see me lose control and call someone a dickhead on this site. I can tell you that in one of my side-jobs (as a referee), if a player calls me a dickhead, his ass is ejected from the game immediately, regardless of if I made the absolutely worst call in the history of the game. The premise is that you should have respect for those in charge. I see a similar situation here.

HOWEVER, I will concede that the rule itself doesn't have the ability to punish both parties, so I would question its effectiveness (to jghost's post). No one questioned it at its inception however. The rule is only now being questioned because you were the first clan it was applied to.

RE the post on page 21: A "reminder" or a "warning"? Seems about the same to me. Quoting the rule in public, bringing it to every reader's attention...
Colonel jj3044

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 am

jj3044 wrote:
grifftron wrote:Would you be upset if a mod came in your war thread, said something that made you not so happy and in the heat of the moment you called that mod (who wasn't even in the war) a dickhead... then didn't receive your medal because you called that mod a dickhead? Call that as you see it, interested to see your response.

-griff

To be honest, you would never see me lose control and call someone a dickhead on this site. I can tell you that in one of my side-jobs (as a referee), if a player calls me a dickhead, his ass is ejected from the game immediately, regardless of if I made the absolutely worst call in the history of the game. The premise is that you should have respect for those in charge. I see a similar situation here.

HOWEVER, I will concede that the rule itself doesn't have the ability to punish both parties, so I would question its effectiveness (to jghost's post). No one questioned it at its inception however. The rule is only now being questioned because you were the first clan it was applied to.

RE the post on page 21: A "reminder" or a "warning"? Seems about the same to me. Quoting the rule in public, bringing it to every reader's attention...

oh a perfect example!!! did you constantly make fun of his team, did you say before the game that you predicted their ass to be spanked, did you say that you hated his team and all?? no, you have been impartial as a referee should be. Should you kick out a player who calls you a dickhead during a game as you did? hell yes! You did not disrespect them; you made an error of judgement, and he disrespected you.
If we have felt disrespected by the mod several times in the thread, of course it can get out of hands and griff answered inapropriately at some point.
I think that a mod should not be allowed any type of judgement in a thread he is moderating and should remain neutral. otherwise it's an abuse of power, and we are all customers here, not employees.
Major betiko

Postby jj3044 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am

betiko wrote:oh a perfect example!!! did you constantly make fun of his team, did you say before the game that you predicted their ass to be spanked, did you say that you hated his team and all?? no, you have been impartial as a referee should be. Should you kick out a player who calls you a dickhead during a game as you did? hell yes! You did not disrespect them; you made an error of judgement, and he disrespected you.
If we have felt disrespected by the mod several times in the thread, of course it can get out of hands and griff answered inapropriately at some point.
I think that a mod should not be allowed any type of judgement in a thread he is moderating and should remain neutral. otherwise it's an abuse of power, and we are all customers here, not employees.

You are correct. If you felt that you were disrespected by a mod, then you should bring it up... but not in the public forum. That is a completely separate issue then what the OP stated and asked about. Engaging in that kind of ... i'll call it... debate... in the public is bad form. If The Pack had an issue wit Cheme's behavior, they should have raised it to an admin, not call him a dickhead in public.
Colonel jj3044

Postby jghost7 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 am

jj3044 wrote:

-griff

HOWEVER, I will concede that the rule itself doesn't have the ability to punish both parties, so I would question its effectiveness (to jghost's post). No one questioned it at its inception however. The rule is only now being questioned because you were the first clan it was applied to. I am not aware of when that rule was put out, nor am I aware of how many players were involved in putting it together. I think I may have seen it once before but never paid any attention to it. I am assuming that a large number of players fits this description. I don't think that would justify a faulty rule implementation just because wasn't questioned before. I am not overtly criticizing the attempt by the CD's to help moderate war threads, but I would like it to be fair, and clear to players. Also, seeing that it would be the first time that they would implement it, one, they should be open to see its flaws and adjust accordingly, and two, would be more thorough in implementing it rather than through blunt force trauma. I would hope that the CD's would be more open and be able to be flexible in regards to matters like this so that everyone will feel that the right thing is being done. Was it questioned at its inception, I don't know. Is it being questioned now, YES. Now that I have seen it and really looked at it, I am definitely questioning it. It needs to be amended and clarified, and also have the ability to sanction all parties involved. By the way, I am a neutral party in this discussion. LOL.

RE the post on page 21: A "reminder" or a "warning"? Seems about the same to me. Quoting the rule in public, bringing it to every reader's attention... Ahhh, perhaps with a well established rule with a definition in place to remove doubts about what is and is not allowed. But with this rule being new, and with this rule being undefined, and the wording of the 'reminder' being general and not a "warning" to a player or party, then I would not consider this a warning at all, but just a reminder as cheme so aptly termed it. When virtually anything can be included in the definition of this rule, a more specific and official warning would be warranted.

BTW, Thanks for this discussion. ;)

J
Major jghost7

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives