Conquer Club

Edit Option in Game Chat

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Edit Option in Game Chat

Postby DiM on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Concise description:
  • the ability to edit what you say in the game chat.

Specifics/Details:
  • only allow this for a limited time (a few minutes) and if nobody posted after you.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • cleaner nicer chat with no spelling mistakes.

i'm pretty sure this must have been suggested before but upon searching i found nothing. weird.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Edit Option in Game Chat

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 pm

I think it has before and been rejected. I think.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:17 am

chapcrap wrote:I think it has before and been rejected. I think.

An edit option has been discussed but I don't recall if anyone has suggested it with the modification of only being able to edit for a limited period of time.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:28 am

Lets say player A proposes a truce. Player B by types "It's a deal" and presses enter. While Player B was typing his response Player A deletes his proposed truce. Player B doesn't realize the proposed truce by Player A was deleted and enters something else in chat. Player B can't delete his "It's a deal" response. Player C see "Its a deal" and complains about secret diplomacy.

I don't see any real advantages to this. After all you do have the ability to edit or delete before hitting the submit button.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jeraado on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:04 am

Evil Semp wrote:Lets say player A proposes a truce. Player B by types "It's a deal" and presses enter. While Player B was typing his response Player A deletes his proposed truce. Player B doesn't realize the proposed truce by Player A was deleted and enters something else in chat. Player B can't delete his "It's a deal" response. Player C see "Its a deal" and complains about secret diplomacy.

I don't see any real advantages to this. After all you do have the ability to edit or delete before hitting the submit button.

Agreed, it will encourage secret diplomacy, abusive content etc, as players will know that they can provide a message then retract it after it is seen, and only really provides a cosmetic change. No-one really cares if there is a typo in game chat
Cadet jeraado

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 pm

jeraado wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:Lets say player A proposes a truce. Player B by types "It's a deal" and presses enter. While Player B was typing his response Player A deletes his proposed truce. Player B doesn't realize the proposed truce by Player A was deleted and enters something else in chat. Player B can't delete his "It's a deal" response. Player C see "Its a deal" and complains about secret diplomacy.

Agreed, it will encourage secret diplomacy, abusive content etc, as players will know that they can provide a message then retract it after it is seen, and only really provides a cosmetic change. No-one really cares if there is a typo in game chat

I must agree with this, as much as a luxury the option would be!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby MrBenn on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 pm

If it were to display a subtle notification that a post had been edited (like the pencil and adjusted timestamp you get on Skype/MSN) then why not?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:37 am

I don't think lack is going to take the time to code a edit option in game chat so that there aren't any spelling mistakes. For two reasons:

1. Because he doesn't code anything anyway
2. Because that's' a complete waste of time and people here have already mentioned why.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby blakebowling on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 am

This won't happen due to the possibility of abuse.

Archived.
Private blakebowling

Return to Archived Suggestions