Conquer Club

Generic Themepark Map / Silver Dollar City / Branson Misouri

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Generic Themepark Map / Silver Dollar City / Branson Misouri

Postby Crazy Frog on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 am

We were playing Madhouse the other day and I had the thought of a theme park we once went to... If cleaned up a bit... maybe simplified some too... this would make a great idea for a map.

http://hfeimages.aristotle.net/General/SDC%20Map1114.pdf
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Re: Silver Dollar City / Branson Misouri

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:34 am

Crazy Frog wrote:We were playing Madhouse the other day and I had the thought of a theme park we once went to... If cleaned up a bit... maybe simplified some too... this would make a great idea for a map.

In general, I think a Theme Park Map would be a pretty cool addition to our maps, in the 'outside the box of geography' category. I can see a lot of fun potential with roller coasters, water rides, the usual miniature train ride around the park, and a load of other usual theme park rides---not to mention food stalls/stands, and other entertainment venues like arcades or live shows...

I'd like to see someone take up a Theme Park idea!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Crazy Frog on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm

I was thinking of some kooky rules to go with it...

Hold Roller coaster, Tilta-whirl, Gyro, Enterprise and the Hammer and get the Thrill Seeker Bonus +??

Kiddie ride area for another bonus...

Hold Cotton Candy stand and Soft Drinks and get a Special attack to make one ride Puke... turns that ride back to Neutrals
Could also be done as a one way attack...

Food Court + Stage + Grand Stands + Ticket Booth = Concert Hall Bonus

Roadies could Give a good bonus too... for Rehashing tickets.

Arcade stands... there could be a whole line of them

Broadway with all of the major food stands... Like BBQ Petes (Put on the bibs cuz here come da Ribs) Elephant ears, CoC (Corn on the Cob)

Could use a really good county fair for a model... like the Puyallup Fair in Puyallup Wa USA would be a good layout maybe... Their motto is pretty cool to.. "Do the Puyallup"..

Or just make one up with all of the cool elements from several fairs and theme Parks...

Parking area could be a good area for the maps Legend info...

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:08 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Crazy Frog wrote:We were playing Madhouse the other day and I had the thought of a theme park we once went to... If cleaned up a bit... maybe simplified some too... this would make a great idea for a map.

In general, I think a Theme Park Map would be a pretty cool addition to our maps, in the 'outside the box of geography' category. I can see a lot of fun potential with roller coasters, water rides, the usual miniature train ride around the park, and a load of other usual theme park rides---not to mention food stalls/stands, and other entertainment venues like arcades or live shows...

I'd like to see someone take up a Theme Park idea!

--Andy

Ah! I love it!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Being that I live next to the amusement Park with the most rollercoasters in the country... I'd love an Amusement Park map... Perhaps you could make it a conquer style map.

For example... there are eight rollar coaster enthusiasts that are starting positions... they must make their way through the park... BUT the starting positions decay by one man per round. Players must capture food stands for extra men to "feed" their starting position becuse if it decays to 0, then Game over. However there is also a fun factor, where for each Rollar Coaster captured a bonus is awarded. And players can deploy the extra men on their stsrting position to stay alive. All rides start as neutral (reflecting long lines and waiting times). Smaller or more boring rides have lower neutrals to take on (cause their lines are usually short). But the major thrill rides have giant lines and high neutrals). Players could maybe buy a quick ride pass (lots of neutrals, but big payoff) and, only connected to the starting positions. Other things, like ATMs or games offer a quick means of getting a bonus to cpture a ride. Merchandise is a drain on money and time and the shops yield a negartive troop amount.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Arcee on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I grew up going to SDC every summer. I wholly support this. :D
Sergeant 1st Class Arcee

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Being that I live next to the amusement Park with the most rollercoasters in the country... I'd love an Amusement Park map... Perhaps you could make it a conquer style map.

For example... there are eight rollar coaster enthusiasts that are starting positions... they must make their way through the park... BUT the starting positions decay by one man per round. Players must capture food stands for extra men to "feed" their starting position becuse if it decays to 0, then Game over. However there is also a fun factor, where for each Rollar Coaster captured a bonus is awarded. And players can deploy the extra men on their stsrting position to stay alive. All rides start as neutral (reflecting long lines and waiting times). Smaller or more boring rides have lower neutrals to take on (cause their lines are usually short). But the major thrill rides have giant lines and high neutrals). Players could maybe buy a quick ride pass (lots of neutrals, but big payoff) and, only connected to the starting positions. Other things, like ATMs or games offer a quick means of getting a bonus to cpture a ride. Merchandise is a drain on money and time and the shops yield a negartive troop amount.

Territories can't decay to zero, but it's still a fantastic idea!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Industrial Helix wrote:Being that I live next to the amusement Park with the most rollercoasters in the country... I'd love an Amusement Park map... Perhaps you could make it a conquer style map.

-Sully

They can't but you can get negative redeployment ... it would certainly make you a sitting duck (better than Das Schloss where you have to wait for someone to win an objective and if no objective then the game can never end ... lol).

But also check this out
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:33 pm

A crap.. I forgot tht... well ther could always be a park security territory that bombards low energy Rollar Coaster enthusiasts . But keep it a low neutral, unlike in Das Schloss. Park security men could maybe border the Ticket booths, also a decay, maybe killer neutral. Or... there could be a company HQ in the middle of the map... that way players just don't stack in the parking lot and make a mad dash to the ticket booth and then security.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Or Treat the Persons Icon spaces as a Homeland territory or Landing points... You start off from your Car positiona and move through the theme park... All rides and stands etc need to be done in order to progress to your next Landing point (Key Position)...

Enemies are trying for the same positions.. that is where the benefit of (for example) owning the junk food wagon special attack= make one ride puke (like a Nuke to Neutral affect)...

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Goal then could be to gain control of the key locations...
To get to the keys you have to go through the other areas... Would be a battle on all sides.

Key locations might be: World Pass Bracelet, Ultimate Sky Ride, Backstage Pass,

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Use a system of 3 transport rides that allow access to a different part of the park... The kiddie train, Circular Tram, Slide for life.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Someone really needs to make a themepark map. I'd like one without too many gameplay gimmicks, since I think Themepark graphics are a sort of aesthetic gimmick in their own right.

Hope someone picks up the idea of a themepark map.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

They can't but you can get negative redeployment ... it would certainly make you a sitting duck (better than Das Schloss where you have to wait for someone to win an objective and if no objective then the game can never end ... lol).

But also check this out

i'm not good enough with graphics to be able to do that
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: Generic Themepark Map / Silver Dollar City / Branson Mis

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:32 pm

If I recall correctly, there is an XML update called the "Key" that requires you to hold one territory in order to attack another.

It might be fun to use this and require players to hold a Ticket Booth in order to attack a roller coaster.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:If I recall correctly, there is an XML update called the "Key" that requires you to hold one territory in order to attack another.

It might be fun to use this and require players to hold a Ticket Booth in order to attack a roller coaster.

It's a feature on the wish list.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 pm

That is a great idea... "Key" the rides with the ticket booths..

Ok... now try this: Player must Hold Security station and Main office in order to control a Security guard = Control Security Guard to Close any ticket booth. (battle down the number of troops to gain control) ( Maybe: the Security Guard returns to N3 at end of each turn)

I was playing with an arial photo of a theme park we have here in Recife Brazil... its a very small... fairly simple layout. and could be used for the basic concept... the Park is called Mirabilandia.... Nice name for a map I think.

Re: Generic Themepark Map "Mirabilandia"

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:48 pm

This is a park that is pretty simple layout. Its a satellite photo with a few beginning labels on it... Just for a sort of foundational idea...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 pm

How can I post the map Im working on into here???? Its Jpeg???

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Use photobucket or flikr and do a link.

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:43 am

Or you can use Imageshack.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Crazy Frog on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:43 pm

ok... lets try this?
[img][BigImg]
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26 ... hoto3.jpg/[/BigImg][/img]

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:24 pm

if you are connecting to an image try then you need to link to the actual image not the webpage... if all else fails right click your page and search for the actual image ... which for you was http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7751 ... photo3.jpg ... only then will it properly work with the image brackets (here I used the BigImg bracketing) ...

Click image to enlarge.

Also You may want to look at some quality image manipulation software - I recomment Inkscape as it is free and relatively easy to learn - do the online tutorials

Postby Crazy Frog on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:20 am

Whaaa???? You no like my Paintbrush??? Wharongwitchu??? :-)

Just kidding... Ill check the Inkscape out:-)

This was just a sort of attempt at the idea... really so someone else can visualize it and maybe do some play with it too...

I got another idea coming on that might would be fun too.... But its for a different map:-)

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas