Conquer Club

Ran out of time and hadnt placed troops - they are just gone

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Ran out of time and hadnt placed troops - they are just gone

Postby jdtins on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 pm

If you start your turn and then time runs out your troops just disappear. It would be nice if this happened that your troops would just get distributed evenly. This would be kind of like on a manual deployment map, if someone misses the first turn it just evenly distributes troops rather than just deleting them!
Sergeant jdtins

Re: Ran out of time and hadnt placed troops - they are just

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:25 pm

jdtins wrote:If you start your turn and then time runs out your troops just disappear. It would be nice if this happened that your troops would just get distributed evenly. This would be kind of like on a manual deployment map, if someone misses the first turn it just evenly distributes troops rather than just deleting them!

How would the game engine know where to place them? In Manual, the game engine knows to distribute them evenly on all spaces, but if you have 3 to deploy, and 14 territories, where will the game engine place them? If I was playing adjacent, and they were deployed way behind my front line, they would pretty much be considered useless to me.

You should probably be more careful and deploy your troops, instead of running out of time. You have an hour, it's not like people are shortened for time.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 am

Be totally disorganised - get deferred troops (and a potential advantage in freestyle).

Your ISP lets you down as you start your turn - get nothing.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:57 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
jdtins wrote:If you start your turn and then time runs out your troops just disappear. It would be nice if this happened that your troops would just get distributed evenly. This would be kind of like on a manual deployment map, if someone misses the first turn it just evenly distributes troops rather than just deleting them!

How would the game engine know where to place them? In Manual, the game engine knows to distribute them evenly on all spaces, but if you have 3 to deploy, and 14 territories, where will the game engine place them? If I was playing adjacent, and they were deployed way behind my front line, they would pretty much be considered useless to me.

You should probably be more careful and deploy your troops, instead of running out of time. You have an hour, it's not like people are shortened for time.

I'd rather have the system just drop them randomly even if it's behind the lines than lose them all together.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:39 pm

yea, i don't know how they just poof out of existence, makes no sense.. and yes, if it's an adjacent game and they're deployed behind your lines, they most likely are going to be "useless" but at least they don't just turn into ghosts. lol random placement is the only thing that makes sense.
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:54 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:

to me, it's not a snail game issue, it's a speed game issue.. obviously in free speeders, you're deploying late, and if the site LAGS (as rare as that is, haha) it's possible to lose your troops... happened before.. in snail games, it's almost irrelevant..
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby anonymus on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:20 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Be totally disorganised - get deferred troops (and a potential advantage in freestyle).

Your ISP lets you down as you start your turn - get nothing.

yes it only happend to me one time but that sucked enough..
and having them reappear next round as deferred troops makes sense..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 pm

rhp 1 wrote:yea, i don't know how they just poof out of existence, makes no sense.. and yes, if it's an adjacent game and they're deployed behind your lines, they most likely are going to be "useless" but at least they don't just turn into ghosts. lol random placement is the only thing that makes sense.

look these for diferent perspective- you start game ,and then you go to ride bycicle,or go to eat something,and leave that yours one hour expire?.
Or you can start a game,and finish turn in 5 minute, very simple and its will resolve these case withouth any new implementation. ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Agent 86 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Agree, start turn and all of a sudden power gone..wtf. Happened to me, thunderstorm and bam troops gone..power restored 2 hrs later. Would have been better to miss my turn and get deferred troops next turn. So advantage to all those that make everyone wait 24 hrs. Ouch and game over ;)

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby zimmah on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:53 pm

i have had my internet fail me once during a speed game after i started my turn (deployment phase). also just lost those troops.

it doens't happen often, but it's annoying when it does happen, and it most likely loses you the game or at least sets you back a lot.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby jdtins on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:57 pm

So to recap:

This is an issue. Probably more so in speed games but can happen in snail games.

Options:

1) Troops deferred to next round

2) Troops placed randomly

Comments:

Troops cannot be placed evenly because the amount of territories and troops to be placed may be different.

If troops are deferred then could be used as a tactic. For example, I am getting 10 troops. I start a turn but do not place troops. I am then attacked by opponent and only get 3 troops on next round. Do I then get 13 troops or 6? It makes sense that if I get 13 then this could obviously be used as a tactic. If I only get 6 troops it makes more sense. It still penalizes the player without eliminating their turn completely. Basically, it should just revert to as if the person never started their turn in the first place.
Sergeant jdtins

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 am

sorry but in what way would defered troops for unstarted turns be fair and undeployed troops from started turns defered unfair??
for those who never play several speed games at the same time (or even no speed games) you don't understand; but it has happened to me a few times to see that i had 15s left for a turn, and i decided not to start it to get defered troops and not risking to lose troops i might not have time to place. sometimes the computer/connexion gets slow and it s just frustrating to see the seconds are ticking and the troops are still not getting deployed...
Major betiko

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Yep, there is certainly MORE of a case for deferred troops in the ran out of time (before deploy) scenario than the missed turn scenario.

There is also the outstanding matter of the freestyle missed-turn = not-missed-turn-plus-free-extra-deferred-troops cheating bonus-loophole.

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:51 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:

The game engine could just defer them.

If people who run out of time get 0 troops and have one hour and should be more organised then surely, the totally disorganised that have 24 hours and miss a turn should get a deferred bonus of -23 troops - the game engine could just delete them going through the players' regions alphabetically. ;)

Get armies if you start turn and do not deploy

Postby ∞ on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Game 12891595 Round 10 I am green guy after playing set I run out of time and my troops disappear. Can somebody change the code to where you get your armies back the next turn.
Captain ∞

Re: Get armies if you start turn and do not deploy

Postby kuma32478 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:54 pm

No. Stop being a multi
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby spiesr on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Fazeem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:19 pm

okay I am definitely in the group that feels they should not just disappear but rather be either deferred or disbursed randomly. I know they are totally different game engines but on pogo they have risk and they just randomly disburse if you for some reason you do not place them. just my 3 cents on it lol
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:17 am

Fazeem wrote:okay I am definitely in the group that feels they should not just disappear but rather be either deferred or disbursed randomly. I know they are totally different game engines but on pogo they have risk and they just randomly disburse if you for some reason you do not place them. just my 3 cents on it lol

I don't have a problem with that. I think it makes more sense with the other rules for troops. You never lose any troops unless you don't deploy when time runs out. Why should that happen if you get deferred troops for missing a turn? It is a little inconsistent.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Lord_Bremen on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 am

Why not just defer any undeployed troops to the next round, like missing a turn?
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Fazeem on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:35 am

seems to be a consensus on this matter from the majority of posters.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby anonymus on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:05 am

her her! sucks arse when you try to make a turn the last seconds and then end up without any troops.. often it is because of lag/bads connection in cooperation with having a set to cash.. so a lot of missed troops in some speedgames.. deferred seems right in my book..

shouldnt even be a hard fix since the code should be in place allready just add another line of "if" and point to normal rules..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

waiting until the last seconds of your turn to make your move is a common tactic in Speed.

if you then find you are unable to deploy your troops, that is your bad luck.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Fazeem on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:54 pm

greenoaks wrote:waiting until the last seconds of your turn to make your move is a common tactic in Speed.

if you then find you are unable to deploy your troops, that is your bad luck.
while I agree there are plenty of cheap tactics and tht may be one of them there is also a more significant problem of connectivity that cause delays and lost troops whether it is on the end of pc user, the isp or CC it results in game changers. Making the troops deferred or evenly disbursed makes It fair again. deadbeaters are given the benefit of the doubt and so should regular players.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Return to Suggestions