Conquer Club

Truce flags, public and kinda private

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Truce flags, public and kinda private

Postby Halmir on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:19 pm

[Concise description:
  • People enter truces, it's part of the game & suggested at the login screen, and it's intelligent gameplay. Sometimes, multiples truce are made and that's when it gets messy to track the power blocs. Also, anyone babysitting an account for an out of town player finds it hard to see what's been agreed already

Specifics/Details:
  • Suggestion is to add a facility where players wanting to arrange a truce with an opponent can click their name to Flag the suggestion, and the recipient can click an OK or Reject box to accept/refuse.
  • If accepted, this becomes visible to both/all players. An extra "Are you sure" confirmation box appears should you try to attack someone if truced, if you be too drunk to remember prior agreements/someone is babysitting your account and you've not given explicit handover notes!
  • This is visible /not visible to other unaligned players, depending on new game types to permit this. This stops some of the whines about secret alliances.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • We've all done it - agreed a truce then too many beers later, forgotten that aspect and been deeply sorry afterwards! This avoids that problem and keeps the game honourable.
  • anyone taking our turns avoids inadvertent confusion (if they're willing to babysit for us, they're probably already doing their own copious amounts of games, taking our turns on top is an extra hassle so we need to make it easy for them).
  • If visible to opponents, then it helps keep the game clean and enjoyable
Lieutenant Halmir

Re: Truce flags, public and kinda private

Postby jefjef on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 pm

not visible to other unaligned players

not visible = secret diplomacy. And S/D whining.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby squishyg on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:58 pm

I like the idea, but agree with jefjef. It would have to be visible to everyone.

This would be a great feature though! I know I've had sitters attack my allies because i didn't/wasn't able to leave a note.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:28 pm

jefjef wrote:
not visible to other unaligned players
not visible = secret diplomacy. And S/D whining.
The idea in the suggestion that if not publicly viable ones where implemented it would be in a new game option where in those game Secret Diplomacy is legal. Obviously there wouldn't be any accusations of secret diplomacy in game where it is explicitly allowed. (In theory at least.)
Captain spiesr

Postby Halmir on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:57 am

aha I wasn't suggesting the act of arranging the truce was secret, just the notation of it (as an option). I'd still absolutely want to have everyone discuss setting it up, and the terms, in open public in-game chat.
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby firsal901 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:19 am

I agree, but make ALL truces seen, cuz makin them invisible would be secret diplomacy

but, that would put out the deception part in war.

They hate you as much as you hate them
Cook firsal901

Return to Archived Suggestions