Conquer Club

Map Filter

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Map Filter

Postby shrub on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 am

Hi all,

Don't know if this has been made but couldn't find it anywhere.
I like to play the same few maps, around 15ish, but going through and ctrl+clicking each is annoying when game finding.

Would it be possible to create a function which saves the game finder form,
i.e. i would have a saved form for
"waiting for players
6,7,or 8p,
standard, teminator,
x y z maps
auto,"
etc etc, to save me having to go through and click each one each time.

Thanks

Shrub
Wanted : New doubles partner, one who can actually get good, or even reasonable dice :)
Clive wrote: some people have lives. i envy them.
Major shrub

Re: Map Filter

Postby zimmah on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:18 pm

ye, and apply a map filter to random maps as well. maybe even add premade random maps for different settings like 8 player and 2 player games.

i mean, doodle earth s fine for 2 player games, but not for 8 players.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby ender516 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Seek and ye shall find, shrub, ask and it shall be given. Check out the User Guide to Conquer Club Saved Searches. This post will tell you how to install this nifty add-on which will allow you to save named sets of information on the Game Finder page, and will even autoload one default search setup whenever you go to the Game Finder. (Along with the default, I have saved a search named BLANK to clear that all out when I am looking for something unusual.)

Sorry, zimmah, if you want a random selection from a subset of the maps on the site, that's not available yet. The site's random selection is from all the maps. It might make a nice extension to the Saved Searches, though. How would you like to see it work?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby zimmah on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:30 am

ender516 wrote:Seek and ye shall find, shrub, ask and it shall be given. Check out the User Guide to Conquer Club Saved Searches. This post will tell you how to install this nifty add-on which will allow you to save named sets of information on the Game Finder page, and will even autoload one default search setup whenever you go to the Game Finder. (Along with the default, I have saved a search named BLANK to clear that all out when I am looking for something unusual.)

Sorry, zimmah, if you want a random selection from a subset of the maps on the site, that's not available yet. The site's random selection is from all the maps. It might make a nice extension to the Saved Searches, though. How would you like to see it work?

well, i can think of 2 possible ways.

way 1 is select a 'random' from different presets of map pools. for example full random (as it is now) 'balanced random' which looks at the other map settings and only seeks a map in the map pool that fits the current settings. (then off course in order to do that there needs to be a general consensus on which maps are 'balanced' for which group of players.

another way of doing it is a bit like how blizzard does it in Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. In there, you're allowed to veto down a few maps (ofc. since CC has a load of maps, it would be more then a few). and then after the game has matched players together (ofc. on conquerclub there's no automatic player matching, or at least not yet) it loads one of the maps that is not vetoed down by any player. occacionally when there's no possible map to choose from because all the maps have been vetoed by at least 1 player, it will just pick one of the least vetoed maps. this way players may vetoe down specific maps they don't like to play, and CC will just pick a random map from the rest of the pool.

i think the second way may actually be the easiest and most fun way to implement.

(and now that i think of it, some kind of auto-matchmaking system would also be quite funny)
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby ender516 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 am

Well, a script can only go so far in this direction. It might be possible to have the script set up to approximate a random selection of the non-random games that are currently available, ignoring maps or settings based on your selections. The current Saved Searches script will show you all the games which fit your selections, so the randomizing step would perhaps only serve to draw your attention to a map you might not have noticed before.

Postby shrub on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:59 pm

thanks ender516, exactly what i was looking for and it's working like a dream :)

shrub
Wanted : New doubles partner, one who can actually get good, or even reasonable dice :)
Clive wrote: some people have lives. i envy them.
Major shrub

Postby ender516 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 am

Always nice to hear from a satisfied customer!

Return to Tools Suggestions