A clan with no name that has fun, learns and bonds and wins

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderators: Clan Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: A clan with no name that has fun, learns and bonds and w

Postby IrvingMorrell on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi there all, and thanks to Few for spearheading the effort to get all this rolling. I repeat my initial comments in the PM you all received of my shock and general awe at how rapidly we've managed to progress to this stage from a simple idea shared between Tib and I so many months ago! In the fairness of it all, and after reading the proposed names, I really must throw in my support for MG's aforementioned team name: "Them" (quotation marks included!).

In other news, it may have been mentioned previously, but at the time when things were first being discussed (way back when our numbers were in the low-single digits), I started work on drafting a clan constitution. I'm presently in the process of editing this work, incorporating the various ideas expressed by the group since as well as our play experience, to make a document which I feel would only offer the structure needed to help us SUCCESSFULLY grow. With your permission, I will soon be offering to open this document up for everyone to read and consider. My thoughts on it and its role, however, are twofold:

First, I designed it as a CLAN constitution. With some tweaks, it could be amended to fit our "usergroup" status, but I would instead urge that we consider becoming an official clan. The benefits to this would be a private chat forum (which I'd imagine would allow for subset chat folders based on themes... and can I stress the idea of private? Not to say our ideas are a market secret, but I do like the idea of keeping things within the group), increased game options, and a greater sense of comraderie. Of course, this would require from every member a singular allegiance to our clan-- a commitment which may be difficult as I know that some of you already belong to other clans. For those of you as-such (who do not want to leave your current clans), I would propose (and promise to see it written into the constitution) that you stay on group retainer. Although you would be outside the clan and our private chat-circle, we would see to it that a public face exist to the clan as well. Here we would have the GROUP, which would exist in separate unison from the CLAN. Think of it as a shell company: it'd be our usergroup clan-spinoff for war games practice.

Second, when I do release the constitution, I will do so in a group PM. This is so that no one outside our group is able to see it until such time as we are willing to proceed as a clan. The benefit of this is that it would prevent theft of it from anyone else, as well as prevent any other groups/clans from learning our strategies and tactics as outlined within. In other words, I'll send it as a PM and all chat concerning it remain in-PM. Does that work for everyone?

I'm sorry if I'm sounding paranoid in both those requests (especially the latter), but I'm an aspiring novelist in the real world and one concern for me has always been, like in poker, showing your hand too early. Anyways guys, I look forward to all of this and can't wait to see where it leads! Best,

I.M.
Corporal IrvingMorrell

Medals: 6
Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby MGSteve on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Yes, it wasn't all that long ago when I happened to play a game with this guy who then sent me a pm about developing a trips and quads team and his strategy. I thought the strategy was perfect and liked the idea of a team so I accepted and then started inviting people I met in games. Some worked out very well and some are no longer with us. What really got the ball rolling and swelled the numbers was when I ended up in a game with some guy who'd stolen his name from a Roman soldier. Turns out he and the bunch wanted more and were before long invited into the team.

And the group that came in from that bit of playing, Ti, luc, Irv, bb, etc. have been really good for the team and shortly after the idea of making it a clan was proposed since Irv and Ti were obviously thinking of that before we ever met. I've just been inviting people that I liked from their friendliness, attitude and ability and have been lucky enough to meet the people I have and get the members I have. As I said there have been disappointments but I'm hoping that Ti will work out anyway. nyuk nyuyk nyuk

I do like the idea of starting with the user group while we work on the clan and, unless we can get Few; our glorious leader, kir and anyone else to leave their clan for ours, keep the user group going. I've heard that what you need and desire will come to you. Looks like it is here.
MG
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant MGSteve

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby docstretch on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 pm

I'd like to be 1 of "THEM"
Private 1st Class docstretch

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Postby MGSteve on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:20 am

Hey doc, (you'll see that we tend to use the first 2 or 3 letters or such as a chat name brev) the first thing we need to do is get you into some games. I don't know if you've read the other threads here but the first thing that you should do is read the manifesto. Basically it's the strategy that we use. The short of it is, we tend to play trips and quads in the Team with No Name. That's the name of the little group that got this going. The strategy is that we play as a team, not as individuals.

When you first begin, we expect you to study the map when it's your turn with an eye as to which if any opponents might be a choice for elimination, what bonuses the opponents have and what it will take to break them, And what bonuses we might be able to take. Then you need to write your plan in chat and pm all your teammates for input before you move. Don't miss a turn waiting for us but try to wait till at least 2 of us have commented on your plans. If you really believe that your plan's better than our suggested move, convince us why. Our method works so we expect you to follow it.

After you've attacked, you'll be expected to fort as many as possible to the next player up. Don't make yourself weak enough to be eliminated but try to move as many as you can to the player who goes after you. Any units you have that you can't fort to the next player should be forted to whichever teammate you can. With all players doing this, everyone will have the most armies at the beginning of their turn since the majority of the units will be forted to the next player. The mass moves like a pig through a snake so we want you to give a pig count each turn starting with the number of troops the player after you has, and ending with yours. The first number should always be the largest and the last the smallest.

Once you've demonstrated your superior skills, then you'll be able to follow your own plan without any input. But we tend to give suggestions to the next player up and batting about ideas as to where we should go next, take break, eliminate and we want your advice. If you lay out good plans, not just for you but for us all as a team, that will demonstrate how skilled you are just as much or more than your actual playing, especially since you will mainly just be doing as we advise at first.

I'll set up some games for you and send invites. But to do this I'll need to go viewtopic.php?f=667&t=159250&p=3492573#p3492573 and ask for players. This will be where you post requests for games. Once I have the names of players, I'll set up the games and send the invites so that we can be sure to have the team as we want it then let some opponents sign up. We are setting up our games as public games (except for the war going on now, future wars and tournaments) so that we can make points and rank. When we were just playing amongst ourselves we were just trading them back and forth.

Of course I can try setting one up without asking by just sending the invitations. Here goes.
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant MGSteve

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup