Conquer Club

BOB makes Reinforce & End Reinforcement buttons the same...

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

BOB makes Reinforce & End Reinforcement buttons the same...

Postby Barns on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi,

RE: Game 10234378

I thought I'd branch out a bit and install BOB yesterday and it was great (apart from not being able to click to attack/reinforce but that's another matter...) but then I got to a crucial point in a game where I really needed to make a reinforcement before ending the go but when I clicked on the Reinforce button it (luckily...) came up with the new "Are you sure you want to End Reinforcement?" pop-up that comes with BOB.

I experimented by clicking on the End Reinforcement button and got the same message. I clicked both buttons several times and still the same. I went back to My Games and back in, still no luck. I restarted Firefox and logged back in, not knowing if logging out ended my turn or not, but luckily it didn't! However, still the same bizarre situation.

I then disabled BOB and everything was fine..

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there any way I can stop it happening again? I really liked having BOB but it really was a crucial part of the game after I'd made a silly mistake and forgotten to take out a 1-army territory along the way and it could have ruined the whole game!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Captain Barns

Re: BOB makes Reinforce & End Reinforcement buttons the same

Postby sherkaner on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:43 am

This is intentional for chained/adjacent fortifications as far as I know, because doing a fort means ending your fortifications phase there.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Barns on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:02 am

Aaah, I think I get it now. So if I had clicked Yes to "Are you sure you want to End Reinforcements?" it would have made the reinforcement anyway and then ended the turn? Doh, don't I feel stoopid...

I think I just panicked and thought I was going to lose my crucial reinforcement before the winning next turn...Does seem a bit countertuitive though to ask you the same question on the Reinforce button as the End Reinforcement button.

Couldn't it just make the reinforcement wanted, to reassure the player, and then say "You cannot make any more reinforcements" like it does in a non-BOB setup?

Thanks Sherkaner!
Captain Barns

Postby Barns on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:33 am

For anyone else who has the same problem, I noticed there's an option on the BOB Menu (bottom left hand of screen) to turn the confirmations off although I haven't tested it yet.
Captain Barns

Postby ender516 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Barns wrote:Aaah, I think I get it now. So if I had clicked Yes to "Are you sure you want to End Reinforcements?" it would have made the reinforcement anyway and then ended the turn? Doh, don't I feel stoopid...

I think I just panicked and thought I was going to lose my crucial reinforcement before the winning next turn...Does seem a bit countertuitive though to ask you the same question on the Reinforce button as the End Reinforcement button.

Couldn't it just make the reinforcement wanted, to reassure the player, and then say "You cannot make any more reinforcements" like it does in a non-BOB setup?

Thanks Sherkaner!

No need to beat yourself up, that message is a little obscure.

I believe that the idea of the warning on chained/adjacent reinforcements is to remind you that you get at most one reinforcement in this type of game. However, with the same message for both buttons, it won't be of any help if you set up your reinforcement and then accidentally hit the End Reinforcement button. It might be a good idea to create a different message for the Reinforce button warning: "This will be your only reinforcement at this time. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"

I prefer to have that warning, especially since I usually play unlimited, and it's nice to be reminded that I am only going to get one shot.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Barns on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 am

Yes, I agree, that's a much better idea ender516 and it really wouldn't take much effort, you just need to change the text in the pop-up.

Last game, I wish I had had a pop-up saying "Are you sure you really want to make that absolutely idiotic move, not look where you're going and then lack the border crossing to take a big player out and gain an extra 4 cards when you're in a lovely position in a big 8-man game against lots of big players?" Such is life being a hasty idiot... :D
Captain Barns

Return to Tool Archives