Conquer Club

[Official] Feedback Request for Speed Games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How much extra time should you get after eliminating someone in speed games?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Total votes : 0

[Official] Feedback Request for Speed Games

Postby lackattack on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Hola,

I'm currently working on this suggestion: Add more Time Options for Speed Games. Speed games are often anything but speedy, and so I plan to allow flexible round lengths from 5 minutes to 1 minute. I'm wondering what to do about the extra time given when you eliminate someone. Since the current 2.5 extra minutes doesn't make sense in a 1 minute round game, I can only think of 2 options: always add 1 minute, or always add 50% of the round length i.e. from 2.5 minutes to 30 seconds depending on the game.

I prefer the 1 minute rule because it's simpler but I admittedly don't play many speed games and I'd like to hear from those who do. Please vote for whichever option you prefer!

Muchos gracias :D
Sergeant lackattack

Re: [Official] Feedback Request for Speed Games

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Why not also allow longer round lengths? Like 10 minute speed games? That'd be a good option for really large maps...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Swifte on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Fine... I'll be that guy...

What about a middle of the road approach... half the round length, with a minimum of 1 minute? Because 30 seconds sounds awful.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Lindax on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Sweeping a map in a standard escalating multi-player speed game with 2.5 minutes extra after a kill, is already difficult enough with a slow internet connection. I'd vote for increasing the time rather than decreasing it.

If it would be "always one minute" I would have to stop playing speed games. I already can't play freestyle because of my internet speed.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby darth emperor on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:36 pm

lackattack wrote:I prefer the 1 minute rule because it's simpler but I admittedly don't play many speed games and I'd like to hear from those who do. Please vote for whichever option you prefer!

Simpler in wich way? coding(faster to implement)? clearer? or other thing? :?
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

darth emperor wrote:
lackattack wrote:I prefer the 1 minute rule because it's simpler but I admittedly don't play many speed games and I'd like to hear from those who do. Please vote for whichever option you prefer!

Simpler in wich way? coding(faster to implement)? clearer? or other thing? :?

He probably means all of the above!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Lindax wrote:If it would be "always one minute" I would have to stop playing speed games. I already can't play freestyle because of my internet speed.

Poll Question (emphasis mine) wrote:How much extra time should you get after eliminating someone in faster speed games?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Lindax wrote:If it would be "always one minute" I would have to stop playing speed games. I already can't play freestyle because of my internet speed.

Poll Question (emphasis mine) wrote:How much extra time should you get after eliminating someone in faster speed games?

Lack has clarified the question above I think.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Dako on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Swifte wrote:Fine... I'll be that guy...

What about a middle of the road approach... half the round length, with a minimum of 1 minute? Because 30 seconds sounds awful.

This. Or a minimum of 2 secs. You can even add 2:30, not that somebody will be upset with the current value.
Colonel Dako

Postby phantomzero on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 pm

I think that it will be great to have more time options. My vote would be 50% of the round length minimum of 1 minute.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby Leehar on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah, if you don't want to play the 1 min speed games you wouldn't have to, but 50% with minimum 1 min for those 1 min games anyway sounds fine.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby nietzsche on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:22 pm

phantomzero wrote:I think that it will be great to have more time options. My vote would be 50% of the round length minimum of 1 minute.

this
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Herbas on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Maybe even 2-3 mins minimum time? When people get killed, then it usually means that there's a lot of stuff going on, so I wouldn't mind to wait for someone to finish his/her business. It happens just once or twice in a game, so it won't extend speed games much.
Colonel Herbas

Postby Leehar on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Herbas wrote:Maybe even 2-3 mins minimum time? When people get killed, then it usually means that there's a lot of stuff going on, so I wouldn't mind to wait for someone to finish his/her business. It happens just once or twice in a game, so it won't extend speed games much.

It's 2-3 min already after kills?
And I'm not sure how it makes sense to get another 2-3 min after killing somebody in a 1 min speed game?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Herbas on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:15 pm

What's so wrong to have 2-3 minutes added after a player kill in 1 min speed game? It won't happen every turn and usually the whole added time will be used for killing another player or the turn will be simply ended shortly if no other easy kill is on sight.
Colonel Herbas

Postby Riskmaster101 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:56 pm

I think speed games with 1 minute to take your turn would be fun. I kinda hate that in 1v1 speed games the way people lag and wait despite the fast paced play.
Sitters: most active TOFU members.

Active Hours: 7am -> 9pm CST (GMT -6).
Major Riskmaster101

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:09 pm

nietzsche wrote:
phantomzero wrote:I think that it will be great to have more time options. My vote would be 50% of the round length minimum of 1 minute.

this

I agree :D

I personally would like to see 2 minute speeders, as I think 1 minute is just a bit too little time for me (though certainly not for others - I've no doubt of that!).

Also:
lackattack wrote:Muchos gracias :D

It's technically "Muchas gracias", as the adjective has to match the noun in both "amount" (singular/plural) "gender" (masculine/feminine). Masculine nouns generally end in 'o' and feminine nouns in 'a'. Thus. "gracias" is both plural and feminine, so it has to have the matching plural and feminine adjective, "muchas" (notice how the "as" endings are the same).

This has been a mini Spanish lesson with SeƱor Sully.

-SeƱor Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby macbone on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Half the round length, with a minimum of 1 minute, sounds fine to me.
Colonel macbone

Postby ATC_Matt on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:15 am

I think you should leave it at 2.5 minutes. I like the idea of adding 1 minute per turn speed games as an option but I don't think it's necessary to change the time you get when eliminating someone. It doesn't slow the game as drastically as someone missing their turns and 2.5 minutes is a perfect amount of time, sometimes eliminating a player you need the time to think and between thinking and executing, a minute would not be enough.
Cadet ATC_Matt

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 am

ATC_Matt wrote:sometimes eliminating a player you need the time to think and between thinking and executing, a minute would not be enough.

The purpose of 1 minute speed games is that you are not supposed to have enough time to think and execute a well laid strategy; rather, your intuition and quick tactical decision making ability will be what make you superior on the battlefield. Keeping the extra time to a minute would maintain this.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:24 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

this

I agree :D

I agree as well.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 am

i dont understand what speed option will be,only 2 option?
I think that extra time for spped need to be
5 minute game---2.5 minute
1 minute game---1 minute
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:01 am

lackattack wrote:Hola,

I'm currently working on this suggestion: Add more Time Options for Speed Games. Speed games are often anything but speedy, and so I plan to allow flexible round lengths from 5 minutes to 1 minute. I'm wondering what to do about the extra time given when you eliminate someone. Since the current 2.5 extra minutes doesn't make sense in a 1 minute round game, I can only think of 2 options: always add 1 minute, or always add 50% of the round length i.e. from 2.5 minutes to 30 seconds depending on the game.

I prefer the 1 minute rule because it's simpler but I admittedly don't play many speed games and I'd like to hear from those who do. Please vote for whichever option you prefer!

Muchos gracias :D

I play mostly quick-play maps in speed (AOR, smaller maps, etc.) One minute would be sufficient for them. The only exception might be if there is a card cash.. then perhaps an added half minute.

I do like the variable time option, to allow playing some of the more complicated maps. To really work, though, it would have to be combined with another suggestion that I think (????) you approved or thought worth considering at one point (?), which was to allow games to start as speed and then shift to standard play after a set number of rounds (set in advance... and you could certainly limit the options to keep programming simple) OR, after a certain amount of time has passed (rather the same thing). This would allow people to shorten the games somewhat, but not bind them to staying for hours in a speed game.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:09 pm

i love the idea of having a 1 min turn... that would make my day :) :D
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby codierose on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Lindax wrote:Sweeping a map in a standard escalating multi-player speed game with 2.5 minutes extra after a kill, is already difficult enough with a slow internet connection. I'd vote for increasing the time rather than decreasing it.

If it would be "always one minute" I would have to stop playing speed games. I already can't play freestyle because of my internet speed.

Lx

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> a real response from a speedster
3 min speed game tried that at major command dont work there not enough time
why dont you leave speed things as they are thats from another speedster and sort the f@;'#;'/.ing dice out :evil: :evil:
why only 2 options
Major codierose

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion