Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 61: 21-12-2011] A Global in a Pear Tree

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 61: 21-12-2011] A Global in a Pear Tree

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:36 am

Welcome Comrades to the 61st edition of the Dispatch :)

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays, Conquer Club! It seems Webmaster lackattack has given the community information about his next update as a sort of Christmas present :) Head on over to the official thread in General Discussion to give your input on the coming update!

In other news, WPBRJ and DJ Teflon are accepting clans for the Clan League Season 4 and the results of the Fantasy / Sci-Fi Tournament Contest should be made known in the near future, methinks... ;)

And I'm sure many of you Subscribers are looking forward to the Subscriber if the Issue! This issue, it is i_am_the_walrus! Just PM me a suggestion from the Submitted Suggestions forum (including a link to the thread) that you'd like to see implemented for Christmas and the name of the absent Executive this issue in the title of your PM and a shiny new General Achievement medal is all yours! :D

As far as this issue goes, we've got a couple Christmas-themed articles from safariguy5 and thehippo8, a new Ask A Mod! article from yours truly, an interview with Global Moderator and Chatter, rdsrds2120, an overflowing War Games with Dukasaur and his eager new Reporters, NoSuvivors, sensfan and Fuzzy316, and a very special clan article from QuikSilver and DJoach, which includes the translated English article, and the original French version, for those of you international folk who might enjoy reading it in your own language :)

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

P.S. We went over the smily max this issue! A moment of silence for all of the smilies that were disabled...

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Happy Holidays to all my Freestyle readers out there. Just remember to take it easy on the eggnog and whatnot. This issue, rdsrds2120 is interviewed, Sully has a new Ask a Mod article, and I have some gift giving ideas.

Also, we welcome OleCowboyHippy to the freestyle team and we expect great articles in the future. I'm still taking applications, so PM me if you're interested in writing for the Freestyle Section.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Ask A Mod! by Victor Sullivan
show

Conquer Club Christmas Gift Ideas by safariguy5
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of rdsrds2120

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! New volunteers have joined our ranks: I'm very pleased to introduce you to fuzzy316, sensfan, and NoSurvivors. All are experienced Tournament organisers and very creative writers, and I'm absolutely thrilled with the new material they've created. I think you will be too.

Fuzzy starts us off with his Official Tourney Update, covering the Conquer Cup and the Official 200 Maps tourney. After that, sensfan launches his new TPA Wrap (a much-expanded successor to our old TPA Update.) After that, we have not one but two great interviews in the Meet the Tournament Winners section: WorldCup4James talks to Robespierre_ while Fuzzy316 interviews abygorb. Then, we have the fourth installment of Dave's Tournament Tips; if you've been following this series, Dave's Tips are great for learning to use Excel to simplify your workload in running your Tournament. Enjoy! I've done Join This? Or Not!, our regular look at tournaments currently in sign-up, while NoSurrender launches Tourney of the Week, an in-depth look at just one.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Official Tourney Update by Fuzzy316
show: Official Tourneys update

TPA Wrap! by Sensfan
show

Meet the Winners: Robespierre__ by WorldCup4James
show: interview with robespierre

Meet the Winners: abygorb by Fuzzy316
show: interview with abygorb

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: updating your tournament thread

Join This? Or Not! by Dukasaur
show

Tourney of the Week by NoSurvivors
show

Hello, hello! Actually it's Sully here again, covering for thehippo8 during his vacation! Ah, how odd it is that I am back here again (well, not so odd, I've only been Chief for around a month). Anywho, hippo still managed a Christmas article, suitable for time and theme, and koontz knocks 'em dead with two articles, one thinking ahead to the new year! Enjoy :)

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

All I want for Christmas ... by thehippo8
show

What's where in the Foundry by koontz1973
show

Map Awards 2011 (Voting) by koontz1973
show

Welcome Readers to the Platoon's Report on all things Clan
First things first, the Clan Directors (CD's) are still contemplating applications to their team, so throw your hat into the ring if you'd like to contribute in an important role for the Clan Community. (More information at the Volunteer Callout on specifics on applying)
Also, remember to hit up your clan leaders on CLA news that I'm no longer privy to ;) (like the advent of Season 4 of the Clan League, with Sign-ups billed for the turn of the year, and commencement slated to start by Mid January).

However, coming back to the exciting issue we have for you today, I'm excited to welcome QuikSilver and DJoach to our clan team - courtesy of the Dispatch's own Application Callout also visible in the link above.
These two new additions to the our reporting team break new ground with the foreign language element we're excited to see them bring to the table, as they unveil the first article dual-cast in a foreign language (french) that I've seen in the CC Newsletter. Since we've had Foreign Language Forums for so long on our Board Index, it's finally nice to see them get some representation in the Newsletter as well.

And of course what better article for these intrepid reporters to write on than the tale of the history and formation of their clan LHDD

We have been using more and more abbreviations and acronyms of clan names lately, so remember to peruse the [Official] List of Clans to decipher any quandary's you may be in.

Leehar
Clan Executive

LHDD interview by QuikSilver & DJoach
show

French Version:
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of General Brock II. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with General Brock II

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 61: 21-12-2011] A Global in a Pear Tr

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 am

in before others congratulate you.

so, congrats :P
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby arno30 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 am

didn't read further, but it's DJoach and no "DJ Coach" in the intro. good job to all !
Major arno30

Postby Leehar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 am

arno30 wrote:didn't read further, but it's DJoach and no "DJ Coach" in the intro. good job to all !

Perhaps Sully was making a joke as best he could? :-s
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Leehar wrote:
arno30 wrote:didn't read further, but it's DJoach and no "DJ Coach" in the intro. good job to all !

Perhaps Sully was making a joke as best he could? :-s

#-o :lol: Silly me! Not sure how I mixed that up... :-k

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Return to Newsletter Issues