Conquer Club

CC ( Conquer Cancer )

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

CC ( Conquer Cancer )

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:39 am

I believe everyone knows someone who has cancer, My suggestion is have an annual tournament to raise money to fight the ultimate enemy, 5-10 dollars to join tournament and winner gets so many points and pink heart medal, everyone who joins could get a pink cross or ribbon. Lets all be reminded that noone is safe from this deadly Foe, & what we do today can change tommorrow...LOL in life & war...Salute------- MagnusGreeol over & out
Last edited by MagnusGreeol on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Re: CC ( Conquer Cancer )

Postby sensfan on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 am

[quote=MagnusGreeol]
Concise description:

An annual tournament to raise money for cancer.

Specifics/Details:

I believe everyone knows someone who has cancer, My suggestion is have an annual tournament to raise money to fight the ultimate enemy, 5-10 dollars to join tournament and winner gets so many points and pink heart medal, everyone who joins could get a pink cross or ribbon. Lets all be reminded that noone is safe from this deadly Foe, & what we do today can change tommorrow.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

This will raise awareness of cancer.
[/quote]

Fixed. I like the idea, but I'm not sure I would do it.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Not quite fixed. And I don't know anyone with cancer, the OP lied.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 pm

How fortunate you are that noone you know, friends,family or co-workers has or has had cancer. Its on everybody's door-step, and dosen't knock, it just comes in...lol2u always.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 am

now that the Conqueror Cup has broken the cherry on paid tournaments, i don't see why something like this wouldn't be implemented. you could even do one for Movember, etc... however, giving away medals for people simply joining seems a bit over the top. you could potentially have medal hoarders paying for the medal and never taking a turn. anyway, i hated the conqueror cup because of the nature of the money grab it was, but this is for charity... good idea...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:38 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:I believe everyone knows someone who has cancer, My suggestion is have an annual tournament to raise money to fight the ultimate enemy, 5-10 dollars to join tournament and winner gets so many points and pink heart medal, everyone who joins could get a pink cross or ribbon. Lets all be reminded that noone is safe from this deadly Foe, & what we do today can change tommorrow...LOL in life & war...Salute------- MagnusGreeol over & out

why would they give out a pink heart medal?

pink is for breast cancer and i don't care if women get breast cancer. they won't let me play with them :cry:

if a medal is given it should be a brown one for prostate cancer
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 am

greenoaks wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:I believe everyone knows someone who has cancer, My suggestion is have an annual tournament to raise money to fight the ultimate enemy, 5-10 dollars to join tournament and winner gets so many points and pink heart medal, everyone who joins could get a pink cross or ribbon. Lets all be reminded that noone is safe from this deadly Foe, & what we do today can change tommorrow...LOL in life & war...Salute------- MagnusGreeol over & out

pink is for breast cancer and i don't care if women get breast cancer. they won't let me play with them :cry:

A pink heart to me is for all cancers, and for you to say you don't care if women get breast cancer and to joke about brown for prostate cancer is absurd...You wouldn't joke like that if you found out your mother, wife, sister or friend got it...or would you? You should before bed-time every night from now until your old, pray to God you and all thats close to you never gets cancer & ask forgivness for the comments you made today.....LOL2U & EVERYONE YOU KNOW !!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

A pink heart to me is for all cancers, and for you to say you don't care if women get breast cancer and to joke about brown for prostate cancer is absurd...You wouldn't joke like that if you found out your mother, wife, sister or friend got it...or would you? You should before bed-time every night from now until your old, pray to God you and all thats close to you never gets cancer & ask forgivness for the comments you made today.....LOL2U & EVERYONE YOU KNOW !!

and pink to anyone who knows anything at all about cancer and/or charity knows that pink represents breast cancer and only breast cancer

and anyone who knows anything about Robin Williams' filmography would know people heal faster/better with laughter :lol:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:47 pm

Then heres an idea for ya,,you should go to hospitals and tell everyone cancer jokes,,you'd be a real hit.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:16 pm

As an annual event such as a movember, the money rised would be spread between a few good charities. The top ten would then get a mo-medal.

Everyone gets to help the world while doing what they enjoy plus think of the good publicity for the site.....
Private cookie0117

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:35 am

cookie0117 wrote:As an annual event such as a movember, the money rised would be spread between a few good charities. The top ten would then get a mo-medal.

Everyone gets to help the world while doing what they enjoy plus think of the good publicity for the site.....

I like the way you think Cookie..Lol in life & war..Salute-------)
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:35 am

cookie0117 wrote:As an annual event such as a movember, the money rised would be spread between a few good charities. The top ten would then get a mo-medal.

I like the way you think Cookie..Lol in life & war..Salute-------)
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Return to Archived Suggestions