Conquer Club

Clan League Season 4 Sign Up's

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League Season 4 Sign Up's

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:09 pm

We're going over old ground here eddie. You got the 10 players just like everyone else so didn't need to have reacted to the refusal to your request for an extension. You got the ten required players in the time frame easily, plus, these lists can be changed later if required.

Still not sure what the ????s that were unanswered, and, yes, threats can be read implicitly in some of your posts above, as well as PMs.

Lets move on.

As I said, your are welcome to join as a clan if you have an alternative first contact. Your contact is purely that, somebody that is in touch with your Division Director primarily. It can be somebody that you advise if that is how your clan wishes to operate.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby eddie2 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:We're going over old ground here eddie. You got the 10 players just like everyone else so didn't need to have reacted to the refusal to your request for an extension. You got the ten required players in the time frame easily, plus, these lists can be changed later if required.

Still not sure what the ????s that were unanswered, and, yes, threats can be read implicitly in some of your posts above, as well as PMs.

Lets move on.

As I said, your are welcome to join as a clan if you have an alternative first contact. Your contact is purely that, somebody that is in touch with your Division Director primarily. It can be somebody that you advise if that is how your clan wishes to operate.

so why can it not be me then dj i have run several tourneys with no problems and clan tourneys you organised with no problem. the problem is with certain members of cla and i am sorry when i finally read through the rules it did not state what you are doing. same as my pms you made 1 response that you deleted before i could read. the rest has been from player i do not get on with. let me ask you show me 1 aka war thread that validates what cla are saying. have i been out of order in any post show me 1 and ill admit defeat.
as aka we have allowed certain things to pass by even offering things that most clans would not.

1) grim reapers iamcooler disappeared did i demand the forfeit we desverved no i gave a extension. even when it was looking close i offeres rematch for games he d/beat out of( asl shoop76)
2)sdh ra they had a player kicked for multi. what did i do contact him and offer rematchs of my own back.

i admit i have had my fair hare of arguements but in clan wars i am very fair. i would say fairer than most. so what is happening goes back to my days as a time member which was my first clan and a learning point. i see you brought up the fact i should of reported how far2 got into cla. i tried that before and got nowhere. as it is a private user group and down to group leader. but that is past i really dont care what cla want. but like you said to refuse 27 players because of your partners hate for me is a joke.
Major eddie2

Postby WPBRJ on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:39 pm

this like all the pms is going no were just let it go

let Eddie do what every Eddie does

are decision stands aka can join with Eddie as 2nd with another member as 1st this is a direct result of Eddie very own actions end of story

PS
Eddie please file all the report you want we have nothing to hide and you have nothing to pin on us
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby eddie2 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:45 pm

WPBRJ wrote:this like all the pms is going no were just let it go

let Eddie do what every Eddie does

are decision stands aka can join with Eddie as 2nd with another member as 1st this is a direct result of Eddie very own actions end of story

PS
Eddie please file all the report you want we have nothing to hide and you have nothing to pin on us

lol lets see dorsettrob will be first contact then me 2nd. but since he having real life issues and agrees to be it i suppose you will have to contact 2nd response :mrgreen:
Major eddie2

Postby dorsettrob on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:00 pm

sounds ok with me. I do have some serious life/family issues going on so if Eddie can be my back up in case, then I'll be contact person

cheers
rob
Sergeant dorsettrob

Postby Crazyirishman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm

LoW is in

Primary contact: Crazyirishman
Secondary contact: chard

WidowMakers
bfunny27
iancanton
stahrgazer
Condor
harvmax
ptlowe
-Maximus-
demy7
Clanlord Carl
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Keefie on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh peace and love in Clan Land =D> :lol:
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby eddie2 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Keefie wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh peace and love in Clan Land =D> :lol:

rofl keefie you just try find your heads before we use them as footballs.
Major eddie2

Postby Kinnison on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:It appears that we are at the unfortunate point of reaching the deadline...

Alas. G1 didn't begin discussions of this CL until the 31st. It appears the deadline expired while we were assembling a player list.

Ah, well. Enjoy!
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:42 am

eddie2 wrote:
Keefie wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh peace and love in Clan Land =D> :lol:

rofl keefie you just try find your heads before we use them as footballs.

Maybe they should kick AKA out so that there are 36 clans even...4 divisions of 9 ;) Just kidding! Nice turnout. Should be fun.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Kinnison on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:55 am

Kinnison wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:It appears that we are at the unfortunate point of reaching the deadline...

Alas. G1 didn't begin discussions of this CL until the 31st. It appears the deadline expired while we were assembling a player list.
Ah, well. Enjoy!

Ahem. After being contacted, and seeing the irregular size of the entry pool, G1 has provided our data. If the clan pool can be filled to it's intended size, we will be happy to compete.
...I wasn't aware of the odd number of sign-ups, or I'd have done that the first time I posted here. My apologies.

Data provided directly to WPBRJ and DJ Teflon. If we get in, they can post it for all to see. If they instead shrink the pool, you can just pretend I was never here. ;)
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby eddie2 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 am

Kinnison wrote:
Kinnison wrote:

Ah, well. Enjoy!

Ahem. After being contacted, and seeing the irregular size of the entry pool, G1 has provided our data. If the clan pool can be filled to it's intended size, we will be happy to compete.
...I wasn't aware of the odd number of sign-ups, or I'd have done that the first time I posted here. My apologies.

Data provided directly to WPBRJ and DJ Teflon. If we get in, they can post it for all to see. If they instead shrink the pool, you can just pretend I was never here. ;)

they might not let you in thinking i will kick off about it, as this was the arguement i had with them asking for extra time.....
I will state here i will not do this.
as i understand what was going on with you g1. i seen the thread open i thought we would have about 4 weeks so i planned on looking at it this week. and still think it was a stupid time period to have signups. given what time of the year it was.
Major eddie2

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 am

Kinnison wrote:

Ah, well. Enjoy!

Thanks for understanding G1 - your attitude is to be applauded.

We anticipate we will have 40 clans signed-up. We are currently giving an extra day to see if this happens. If not, we will revert to the clans which signed-up within the deadline.

Assuming we achieve the 40 clans (this is the maximum), then we will have a very practical number: we can have 8 divisions of 5 in Phase 1, with positions determining which of 5 divisions (of 8) clans will enter in Phase 2.

Thanks to all who have entered.

We look forward to a great season.

More news to follow very soon .....

:D

Postby eddie2 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 am

DJ Teflon wrote:
Kinnison wrote:

Ah, well. Enjoy!

We anticipate we will have 40 clans signed-up. We are currently giving an extra day to see if this happens. If not, we will revert to the clans which signed-up within the deadline.

Assuming we achieve the 40 clans (this is the maximum), then we will have a very practical number: we can have 8 divisions of 5 in Phase 1, with positions determining which of 5 divisions (of 8) clans will enter in Phase 2.

dj a extra day do you not mean 3 extra days. lol.
like i said i would not complain about any other clan being allowed to sign up. but was my first post to you not asking for a extension of time of 1 week or until the 4th january.
and response i got was saying how bad a clan is this has been on the table since beginning of december. seems to me you are treating clans players that just show up late with more respect than someone who actually contacted you within time asking to be late.
Major eddie2

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 am

DJ Teflon wrote:
Kinnison wrote:

Ah, well. Enjoy!

well i dont see nothing bad,if clan league have 38 or 39 clans.
Just like in any tournament cometition some group will have one more cometitor,and some dont. Just look on European qualification in football, if they take your logic,then some country will never compete for european championship,because dont fit on group stage cometition.
If you have 38 clans then you can create 6 groups,where 4 group will have 6 teams, and two group will have 7 teams, and problem solve.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 am

I agree with qwert. While even numbers are nice, they are not necessary. In fact, creating 8 divisions for the sake of eveness will make Phase 1 groupings unnecessarily shallow. While it still maintains the low end of the target 5-8 groups per division, 8 divisions would far exceed the proposed range of 3-5. This would minimize the sample size of games played for determining Phase 2 placements (not a good thing) and quite possibly lead to an increased need for comparing clans with tied records from different divisions. This also would not be a good thing since the level of competition will vary from division to division no matter much effort is put into making them as equal as possible. Shallow divisions will just make the inequality between divisions more severe... and thus inter-division comparisons less fair.

Along those lines, can you clarify how the placement works for Phase 2. Based on Item 10 in the overview, it would seem that points scored is the primary decider:
WPBRJ wrote:10. League position is determined firstly by Total Points, then by Total Games Won, then by comparing Head-to-Head rounds between any tied teams. If this still does not separate teams then a best-of-3 Play-Off will take-place (Random Trips, Escalating, Chained, Sunny).

In the scenario where we have eight divisions of five teams, would a team finishing their division in 3rd place with 5 points be placed higher than all teams from another division who finish in a 5-way tie for first place with 4 points each... or is placement within each Phase 1 division somehow factored into the Phase 2 placements as the charts would suggest?

Ultimately, it's up to the TOs to run this as they wish but I'd much prefer to see 5-6 deeper divisions in Phase 1 which would be more in line with the proposed setup.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby eddie2 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:50 am

MudPuppy wrote:Ultimately, it's up to the TOs to run this as they wish but I'd much prefer to see 5-6 deeper divisions in Phase 1 which would be more in line with the proposed setup.

i totally disagree with this statement as the op post states this event is a cla event. which means all clans have a say via there reps(you are a cla rep.)something aka will no longer have. and all that dj teflon and wrpjb are is reps for the cla putting time in to run this thread..i have now had a look through and see jpcloet address the nuclear spoils which were passed in a limited version. in other words it got a majority agreeing to allow them (as maybe 1ce per set.) but they have been disallowed this is not what the cla agreed to as a group. unless it was reviewed by all members and changed. not just 1 or 2 selected partys.
Major eddie2

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am

Nukes were never passed...And never would of been
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

MudPuppy wrote:In the scenario where we have eight divisions of five teams, would a team finishing their division in 3rd place with 5 points be placed higher than all teams from another division who finish in a 5-way tie for first place with 4 points each... or is placement within each Phase 1 division somehow factored into the Phase 2 placements as the charts would suggest?

Ultimately, it's up to the TOs to run this as they wish but I'd much prefer to see 5-6 deeper divisions in Phase 1 which would be more in line with the proposed setup.

in an 8-division set-up, the position in the division determines whch division a clan moves into in the second phase.

Similarly in a 6-division set-up, although some of the teams finishing 2nd (etc) with most points (compared to other 2nd-place clans) would also gain a place in the top league, and so on ...

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:59 pm

qwert wrote:well i dont see nothing bad,if clan league have 38 or 39 clans.
Just like in any tournament cometition some group will have one more cometitor,and some dont. Just look on European qualification in football, if they take your logic,then some country will never compete for european championship,because dont fit on group stage cometition.
If you have 38 clans then you can create 6 groups,where 4 group will have 6 teams, and two group will have 7 teams, and problem solve.

That is indeed what we will do if we have between 36 and 39 clans.

;)

Postby eddie2 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

lord voldemort wrote:Nukes were never passed...And never would of been

nucs were passed for 1 time use per set as a test run. it was also part of the conversation that brought up the timing out to avoid spoils rule. which was the reason most were against the use of nuc spoils. this rule has been added, don't get me wrong things might of been redone but last i new this was how it was confirmed.
Major eddie2

Phase One Draw

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Once registration is complete, clans will be placed into ranked tiers according to the algorythmn.

A draw will then take place in live chat to determine the clans in each division (each division will have one clan from each tier).

Please PM me if you would like to be one of the VIPs to draw numbers (numbers will correspond to a list which I will make (and send to chemefreak in advance)).

The Time:
CC Time: 2012-01-05 18:00:00
If you click the link it will tell you the time for your time zone (I think CC the same as EST).

The Place
Live Chat
Type "/Join CL4" for the chat room.

Any non-VIPs in the chat room are requested not to confuse with the drawing process. In between the drawing of clans for each division there will be opportunity to comment, as well as at the end of the draw of course.

Format Finalisation

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Format Finalisation - Given that We Have 39 Clans

Phase One

Four Groups of 6 Clans (Divisions A,B, C, D)
    Three Groups of 5 (Divisions E, F, G)

Clans in Divisions E to G will all automatically be awarded 1 point (and 9 game wins and losses) in view of equalising qualification possibilities for Phase Two vis-a-vis clans in larger Divisions playing one extra round.

Qualification to Phase Two

Winners of each group progress to Division 1
The top clan in 2nd-place also qualifies for Division 1 (according to points, then games won/lost ratio)

The remaining 2nd-placed clans qualify for Division 2
The top 2 clans in 3rd-place also qualify for Division 2 (according to points, then games won/lost ratio)

The remaining 3rd-placed clans qualify for Division 3
The top 3 clans in 4th-place also qualify for Division 3.

The remaining 4th-placed clans qualify for Division 4
The top 4 clans in 5th-place also qualify for Division 4.

The remaining 7 clans qualify for Division 5
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draw Process

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:41 pm

The Clan League Draw

Clan are first arranged into 5 tiers according to rank.

League Directors then number clans within each tier (1 to 7)* on a confidential list (copied to CD).

At the live draw, VIPs take it in turns to provide numbers for each division.

show: Example

The Time:
CC Time: 2012-01-05 18:00:00
If you click the link it will tell you the time for your time zone (I think CC is the same as EST).

The Place
Live Chat
Type "/Join CL4" for the chat room.

* Tier 5 has 11 clans so VIP 5 will be giving numbers between 1 & 11.
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ranking Tiers

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Ranking Tiers as per Algorythm.

Tier 1
KORT
TSM
EMP
TOFU
PACK
AOC
FOED