Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 62: 03-01-2012] Fun & Phony with Brock II

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 62: 03-01-2012] Fun & Phony with Brock II

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 62nd edition of the Dispatch :)

I hope you all have thoroughly enjoyed the 6th Anniversary Celebration thus far! I know I certainly enjoyed those 24 hours of Speed Battle Royales! Well, the we here at the Newsletter have cooked up a special contest in honor of Conquer Club's sixth birthday ourselves! That's right! We're offering 3 months of premium membership for the winner of the contest (and a few General Achievement medals for the runners-up). Here's the contest:

Phony Paragraph
    In one of the articles in this issue, there is a section that is made-up or untrue - complete bull, if you would. Find it, quote it, and send it to me via PM. The title of the PM must be "Phony Paragraph", and in the PM you must also state who wrote it and in which article. The first person to do so will win the premium! The second through sixth people will receive a General Achievement medal. I'll post when the first six people have sent me the correct PM. You may only PM me once, and you must follow the form described, otherwise it will be counted as wrong! Good luck and have fun.
And speaking of contests, it's time for the Subscriber of the Issue! This issue's lucky person is lt. Futt. To receive your GA medal, PM me the name of your favorite article from this issue.

Also, folks, remember to ask me questions in the Ask A Mod! thread, and ask Quirk and Quirks Wife questions in the interrogation thread :)

Now onto the issue! Freestyle's got a new Ask A Mod!, Scum Insider, and interrogation with General Brock II, the Tournament Team has whipped up another large set of articles including a chat with tournament organizer, TheCrown, and another Tournament Tips from DaveH, koontz wrote the whole Cartographic Surveillance segment, and skillfusniper33 wrote for us the only article for the Clan section this issue regarding Newcomers Cup 2.

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

P.S. Another issue with over the maximum smilies! I've sadly had to disable them again :(

P.S.S./P.P.S. Change is coming to the Dispatch - again! It all starts with a callout... Stay tuned!

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Happy New Year Freestyle Readers. I hope everyone got their partying done and their Battle Royales joined.

New Scum Insider and Ask A Mod as usual, and we interview the leader of the 1st Regiment, General Brock II. May your resolutions be fulfilled in the coming year.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Ask A Mod! by Victor Sullivan
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of General Brock II

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

I really enjoyed being part of the Sci-Fi and Fantasy Tournament Contest, and I hope my article about it will accurately convey my delight!

Also in this issue, we have an interview with theCrown conducted by WorldCup4James, we have the fourth installment in DaveH's outstanding Tournament Tips series, a brand-new series by sensfan called A World Of Possibilities, and the second installment in sensfan's TPA Wrap.

On the downside, I have to report that sonicsteve will no longer be with us, having gotten overwhelmed by the demands of his new R/L job. Steve was a tournament organiser of some repute, a Tournament Director, a great player, quite possibly the Grand Champion of Season 1 of the TPA, a very good writer who needed no proofreading, and a fun, upbeat guy to talk to. I'm not sure we will ever find all those attributes in one compact package again. He will definitely be missed.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Contest Climaxes! by Dukasaur
show

Meet the Tournament Organisers: TheCrown by WorldCup4James
show: interview with thecrown

Tournament Tips: by DaveH
show: updating your results

A World of Possibilities by Sensfan
show

TPA Wrap by Sensfan
show

Hello, folks! Sully filling in for thehippo8 again; don't worry, he should be back from his vacation within the next 2 issues :) Well, I must say I'm more than impressed - koontz singlehandedly wrote the entire Foundry section composed of three articles for this issue! Kudos to him, for sure! Anywho, koontz has got the Foundry rundown on moved maps and dicussions, as well as the results of his little contest. Enjoy!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

What's Where in the Foundry by koontz1973
show

Foundry News by koontz1973
show

Map Awards Results by koontz1973
show

Sully here for Leehar. Well, with the holidays, the Clan section is brief, I'm afraid. Thanks go to skillusniper33 for pulling through despite these busy times! He has provided us with a briefing on Round 2 of Newcomers Cup 2. Enjoy!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

NC2 Round 2 by Skillfusniper33
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Quirk & Quirks Wife. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Quirk & Quirks Wife

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 62: 03-01-2012] Fun & Phony with Broc

Postby ironsij0287 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 am

Wow, thank you for the award recognition. I'm honored.
Sergeant 1st Class ironsij0287

Postby natty dread on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:23 am

I am also pleased to see some of my maps awarded. Thanks to everyone who voted them!
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:14 am

ironsij0287 wrote:Wow, thank you for the award recognition. I'm honored.

natty_dread wrote:I am also pleased to see some of my maps awarded. Thanks to everyone who voted them!

Just sorry the budget did not cover any actual awards for you guys. Some great maps made last year. And I see the TO are doing the same thing :lol:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:25 pm

koontz1973 wrote:

natty_dread wrote:I am also pleased to see some of my maps awarded. Thanks to everyone who voted them!

Just sorry the budget did not cover any actual awards for you guys. Some great maps made last year. And I see the TO are doing the same thing :lol:

Well, that's not entirely true. If you had asked me, we may have been able to work something out ;) Of course, it still would have required approval and what have you from the Boys in Blue.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 pm

You have created both my favourite map of the year (Transsib1914) and my most hated map of the year (Antarctica.)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 pm

General Brock II wrote:Q. Is there any difference between tequila and diesel fuel?

Haha! Well, as far as I know, tequila hasn’t been known to cause brain damage by inhalation.

You're too trusting...:P
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:00 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Well, that's not entirely true. If you had asked me, we may have been able to work something out ;) Of course, it still would have required approval and what have you from the Boys in Blue.

-Sully

Never really thought to ask. We got quite a few votes in for this little thing (around 40-50 where cast) so if we run it again next year, might be nice to do a really proper job of it (home page and such) and sort some sort of medal out. It was just a bit of fun this year.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Newsletter Issues