Conquer Club

[GP] Eliminate spoils cheap tactics by 'deferring'

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: No cards when run out of time?

Postby mbhirsch on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 am

niMic wrote:
mbhirsch wrote:
betiko wrote:
mbhirsch wrote:In the faster speed games like the 1, 2 minutes ones its so hard to finish in time. I mean just switching over web pages takes a couple of precious seconds.

Eh, I guess for now on I'll just avoid those low minute games.

or maybe it's not a good idea to start more than one 1min speed game at a time?

Or maybe CC isn't the only thing on the internet

Thank you, come again....

So let me get this straight. You complain that you don't have enough time to finish your turn when playing 1 minute speed games, when the reason is that you're surfing the interwebs at the same time?

Yeah, somehow I don't think this is CC's problem.

Does my first post sound like a complaint? Nope. It was a mere suggestion. I actually wrote, "Just my opinion", if I did not, I stand incorrect.

And I have not an idea of what "interwebs" are, but I do know what the "Internet" is. Please, lets use grown-up words, seeing as you are most likely above the age of 18 because you have a credit card to register for this website.
Cadet mbhirsch

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 pm

mbhirsch wrote:
niMic wrote:
mbhirsch wrote:
betiko wrote:
mbhirsch wrote:In the faster speed games like the 1, 2 minutes ones its so hard to finish in time. I mean just switching over web pages takes a couple of precious seconds.

Eh, I guess for now on I'll just avoid those low minute games.

or maybe it's not a good idea to start more than one 1min speed game at a time?

Or maybe CC isn't the only thing on the internet

Thank you, come again....

So let me get this straight. You complain that you don't have enough time to finish your turn when playing 1 minute speed games, when the reason is that you're surfing the interwebs at the same time?

Yeah, somehow I don't think this is CC's problem.

Does my first post sound like a complaint? Nope. It was a mere suggestion. I actually wrote, "Just my opinion", if I did not, I stand incorrect.

And I have not an idea of what "interwebs" are, but I do know what the "Internet" is. Please, lets use grown-up words, seeing as you are most likely above the age of 18 because you have a credit card to register for this website.

Look mister, there's only room enough on this site for one condescending jackass, and I've already filled that position, alright?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby ckyrias on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

happened to me sometimes and i think its unfair! if i didn't want a card i wouldn't attack would i? as long as someone takes a terit should get the card as well

Sergeant ckyrias

END of TURN SPOILS vs NO SPOILS

Postby AB_Legion on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:18 am

Concise description:
  • Hello, I would like to see some function implemented that allows a user to define in the game creation stage whether or not players receive spoils at the end of their turns regardless if they end them completely or not.

Specifics/Details:
  • See below for reasoning.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Since becoming a paying member, I have been playing speed games, especially one or two minute ones, and I noticed that I don't get spoils unless I end my turn in a complete fashion (ending the reinforcements stage, etc). Well I don't use a mouse and it is slow to move across the screen sometimes using a touchpad. Often, I find myself with a 10 or less seconds to spare and, in theory, I should be able to complete my turn. However, there is this refreshing function that seems to go off automatically - before, during, and after advancing my units - and at times when I am trying to move reinforcements the drop menu flashes or refreshes thereby needing to be reselected - or, at worst, my units are moved to the first location on the drop menu list and not the location I had selected. I lose seconds in this process. Many times I am unable to complete my turn. Therefore I do not receive spoils.

Seconds matter so much and I do not believe that a user should be penalised for not ending reinforcements or any part thereof of their turn. However, I understand that this penalisation is to deter users from dragging out the game and while I understand that this is true - especially for longer games - I find it difficult imagining that an auto-spoils ticker that is deselected by default cannot be included in the game starter menu splash screen.

I believe something can be done in order to facilitate users like me who use computers without mice. While part of my problem may be associated with a browser issue, I still believe this small clickable option can be included in the game creation stage in order to facilitate users who are having difficulties such as myself or to those who are not concerned whether or not someone has clicked a sufficient number of times on this or that button in order to satisfactorily complete their turn.

Please consider this a welcome addition to the list of customisable presets you currently have.

Thanks.
Private AB_Legion

Re: END of TURN SPOILS vs NO SPOILS

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:49 am

AB_Legion wrote:Concise description:
  • Hello, I would like to see some function implemented that allows a user to define in the game creation stage whether or not players receive spoils at the end of their turns regardless if they end them completely or not.

Specifics/Details:
  • See below for reasoning.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Since becoming a paying member, I have been playing speed games, especially one or two minute ones, and I noticed that I don't get spoils unless I end my turn in a complete fashion (ending the reinforcements stage, etc). Well I don't use a mouse and it is slow to move across the screen sometimes using a touchpad. Often, I find myself with a 10 or less seconds to spare and, in theory, I should be able to complete my turn. However, there is this refreshing function that seems to go off automatically - before, during, and after advancing my units - and at times when I am trying to move reinforcements the drop menu flashes or refreshes thereby needing to be reselected - or, at worst, my units are moved to the first location on the drop menu list and not the location I had selected. I lose seconds in this process. Many times I am unable to complete my turn. Therefore I do not receive spoils.

Seconds matter so much and I do not believe that a user should be penalised for not ending reinforcements or any part thereof of their turn. However, I understand that this penalisation is to deter users from dragging out the game and while I understand that this is true - especially for longer games - I find it difficult imagining that an auto-spoils ticker that is deselected by default cannot be included in the game starter menu splash screen.

I believe something can be done in order to facilitate users like me who use computers without mice. While part of my problem may be associated with a browser issue, I still believe this small clickable option can be included in the game creation stage in order to facilitate users who are having difficulties such as myself or to those who are not concerned whether or not someone has clicked a sufficient number of times on this or that button in order to satisfactorily complete their turn.

Please consider this a welcome addition to the list of customisable presets you currently have.

Thanks.

Simple. Get Clickable maps. Sorry, but such option will not be implemented.

EW
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 pm

I know this has been suggested before ... anyone know the link. I couldn't find it.

Anyway, this will unfortunately (IMO) be rejected. It's been brought up many times before (I'm fairly certain ... why can't I find it). People say allowing this would lead to some sort of clock abuse as people will let their turns wind down.

I think a more powerful reason (which I also disagree with) is that some players set up speed games for 1 minute on large maps and use this as part of their strategy. They know they can click faster and get more done and that their opponent risks losing cards if s/he does the same amount of attacks in any given turn.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm

agentcom wrote:I know this has been suggested before ... anyone know the link. I couldn't find it.

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=126900

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=160566
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks. MERGING now.
Brigadier agentcom

Previous

Return to Suggestions