Conquer Club

Choice Royale (abandoned)

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Choice Royale (abandoned)

Postby DaUltimateBully on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:09 pm

NOTICE: Due to recent internet issues, I am not not able to update any tournaments at my normal rapid pace. There is no need to contact me about something happening in these tournaments. They will be updated when I have the chance.

Current Progress
Round 1: 6 Matches Complete, 1 Match in Progress
Round 2: 7 Matches Complete
Round 3: 7 Matches Complete
Round 4: 4 Matches In Progress, 3 Matches Awaiting Players
Round 5: 7 Matches Unscheduled
Round 6: 7 Matches Unscheduled
Round 7: 7 Matches Unscheduled
Quarter 2: 49 Matches Unscheduled
Quarter 3: 49 Matches Unscheduled
Quarter 4: 49 Matches Unscheduled
Finals: 5 Matches Unscheduled

Welcome to the Choice Royale, where you together as the players of this tournament will determine how these matches will be played. It will also allow you to try out rule sets and maps you've never tried before, as well as see what everyone else likes.

Format Of The Tournament

The tournament will be split up into the regular season and the finals.

During the regular season, 28 rounds will be played, with players being randomly split up into 7 groups of 4 for each round. After each round, you will acquire points. 4 points will go to 1st place, 3 points will go to 2nd place, 2 points will go to 3rd place, and 1 point will go to 4th place.

At the end of the regular season, the players will then be seeded from 1st place to 28th place. The follow criteria, in order, will be used for seeding: 1)Number of points, 2)Number of 1st place wins, 3)Number of 2nd places, and 4)Number of 3rd places. In the event that after all criteria are compared and two or more players are still tied for a seed, they will remain tied unless their seeding being different is critical to the tournament. If their seeding absolutely needs to be different, then additional criteria will be applied. This additional criteria will be decided on by myself alone only if necessary, however, I do not believe it will be necessary. The top 4 seeds will advance to the finals.

In the finals, 5 matches will be played by the four finalists. Scoring will remain the same, except all scores from the main season will be cleared. At the end of the 5 matches, the finalist with the most points will be crowned winner. If at the end of five matches, two or more finalists are tied for the highest score, an additional match between finalists will commence. Additional matches will then be added for as long as two or more finalists are tied for the highest score.

Match Settings and Sign-Ups

In this tournament, you will decide on the majority of the matches' settings. At sign-up, each player will be required to provide the following settings: Map, Initial Troop Deployment, Play Order, Spoils, Reinforcements, and Fog of War.
The following settings will be set by me and cannot and will not be changed during the tournament: 4-Player Matches, Standard Games, No Round Limit, and 24 Hour Round Length. ANY ENTRY REQUESTS THAT DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED SETTINGS WILL BE REJECTED! In addition, beta and seasonal maps will not be permitted either.

During the regular season, each round will be played with the settings of the corresponding player by order of sign-up. For example, if the 3rd player to sign up wanted the settings Classic, Manual, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, and No Fog of War, then Round 3 would be played using those settings.

In the finals, match 1 will be played using the settings of Seed 1, match 2 using Seed 2's settings, and so on up to Round 5. During these 4 matches, the 24 non-finalists will vote on the settings to be used for the 5th finals match. They will be used in the 5th match, obviously, but they will also be used for all additional rounds of the finals as well.

Dropouts and Reserves

If you do not ever miss invitations for tournaments and are not a reserve, you can ignore this section.

For the purpose of this tournament, a dropout is someone who joined this tournament but is not longer playing.

While I like to show leniency with people missing invitations, I also realize that this can cause stalling and laziness. Therefore, I am implementing a strike system(sort of like baseball). If you miss an invitation, I will send another, but you will get a strike. This strike will wear off 4 rounds after you gained it. However, if you earn 3 strikes at any one point, you will be considered a dropout and will be replaced by a reserve.

To prevent help abuse of the system, if you should earn 8 strikes, including strikes that have worn off, you will be marked a dropout and replaced with a reserve as well.

Strikes will not be publicly visible, but are available for any player upon request.

For reserves, when you replace a dropout, you will inherit the record and settings of the dropout you are replacing. Therefore, if it is clear that you will without a doubt be added as a reserve, you do not need to provide your own settings. You will also be subject to the strike system above, although you will obviously start with 0 strikes.

The above system will apply to the regular season only. If I have problems with a finalist, which I doubt I will, I will use different measures at my discretion.

Freemiums

Freemiums will be allowed to play as long as you keep one slot open for the tournament for the duration of your participation in the tournament. Only one round will take place at one time both to allow freemiums to play and to allow me to better keep track of the tournament.

Players, Schedules, and Standings

show: Players

show: Schedule

show: Standings
Last edited by DaUltimateBully on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 100 times in total.
Cadet DaUltimateBully

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sun System, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Choice Royale(1/16)

Postby ltcomdata on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Are freebies allowed? If so, I am in.
Map: 13 Colonies
Initial troops: Automatic
Play Order: Sequential
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: Unlimited
Fog of War: Yes
Private 1st Class ltcomdata

Re: Choice Royale(2/16)

Postby General Bax on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:44 pm

in pls, egypt-nubia, seq. flat, unlimited, 20 rounds limit, sunny
Sergeant 1st Class General Bax

Postby XXQWERTYXX on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 am

in please
Map: doodle earth
Play Order: freestyle
Spoils: nuclear
Reinforcements: unlimited
Fog of War: yes
Round Limit: none
Sergeant XXQWERTYXX

Postby DaUltimateBully on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:15 am

Just a quick little reminder to everyone that I do need all the settings asked for. That includes initial troop deployment. In addition, round limit is set to none for all matches in this tournament. It is not a setting you are responsible for. I do not know why above entries included it, but don't.
Last edited by DaUltimateBully on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet DaUltimateBully

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sun System, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby plurple on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 am

in please
new world
auto
seq
esc
unlim
foggy
thx i think i got everything :mrgreen:
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby 6 Letters on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:48 am

sign me up please!

Charleston
Auto
Seq
Esc
Chained
Sunny
Major 6 Letters

Re: Choice Royale(5/16)

Postby hopalong on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:48 am

in plz.

canada, auto, seq, no spoils, chained, fog.
Major hopalong

Postby 6 Letters on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for the add! Excited about the tourney. Just a note, I noticed in your "players" drop down menu you have my reinforcements setting recorded incorrectly. I was hoping for Chained instead of Unlimited. Thanks!
Major 6 Letters

Postby halol449 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Sign me up, it doesnt matter to me what map.
Cook halol449

Postby Marshallbobby on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:44 am

in please :-)
Cook Marshallbobby

Re: Choice Royale(6/16)

Postby DaUltimateBully on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:06 am

halol449 and Marshallbobby, I need your settings. That is one of the biggest parts of this tournament, so I cannot give you just anything.
Cadet DaUltimateBully

Re: Choice Royale(6/16)

Postby Vaicius on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 pm

In please

Map: Iberia
Initial troops: Automatic
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: Unlimited
Sergeant Vaicius

Re: Choice Royale(7/16)

Postby spartan318 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:06 pm

In please! I like Sequential Unlimited Sunny Manual Flat Rate. ps how will we no wen it has started?
Private 1st Class spartan318

Postby DaUltimateBully on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:36 pm

spartan318 wrote:In please! I like Sequential Unlimited Sunny Manual Flat Rate. ps how will we no wen it has started?

#1, you are missing a map.
#2, normally, I would expect you to watch the tournament post. The tournament is usually marked full either when I have reached my maximum time to recruit players(30 days from the original posting) or when I've filled the tournament and have gotten enough reserves to have a safe cushion, in this case 4. The tournament will then start 1-3 days later, depending on how long it takes for me to receive tournament permissions. However, given that you asked, I would be willing to PM you a warning when it gets close to starting if you wish.
Cadet DaUltimateBully

Postby cristhepsycho on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

I'd like in por favor Map: Classic, Initial Troop Deployment: Manual, Play Order: Sequential , Spoils: Escalating, Reinforcements: Unlimited, and Fog of War: Off.
Cadet cristhepsycho

Postby J_Indr on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 am

in pls
Monsters, Auto, seq, no spoils, chained, foggy
Corporal 1st Class J_Indr

Re: Choice Royale(9/16)

Postby Silly Knig-it on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:29 am

In pls
Feudal epic, sequential, auto, clear, adjacent,flat
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Choice Royale(10/16)

Postby wendall2000 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 pm

In please
in please
Map: Celtic Nations
Spoils: Escalating
Reinforcements: Chained
Fog of War: yes
Round Limit: none
Cadet wendall2000

Postby gregory7 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm

In Please
Feudal War
Freestyle
Escalating
Unlimited
Sunny
No Round Limit
Lieutenant gregory7

Postby farinelli on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Egypt Lower
Automatic
Sequential
Flat rate
Chained
Foggy
Corporal 1st Class farinelli

Postby wrongwayrebekah on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:30 am

In please:
Eastern Hemisphere, Auto, Seq, No spoils, Adjacent, sunny
Sergeant 1st Class wrongwayrebekah

Postby Quark_Star on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:40 am

In please

Map - pelop. war
Initial Troop Deployment - Auto
Play Order - Seq.
Spoils - Flat Rate
Reinforcements - Chained
Fog of War - Foggy
Corporal Quark_Star

Postby Risk_Averse on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:09 am

In pls

Map: Triple Alliance
Initial Troop Deployment: Auto
Spoils: Flat rate
Reinforcements: Chained
Corporal Risk_Averse

Postby Knumbawang on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi I'm Knumbawang,

This would be my first tournament but im getting better very day.

Im reliable and a fair player so would ask if I could become part of Choice Royale,

Fingers crossed and many thanks

Knumbawang
Cook Knumbawang

Next

Return to Abandoned