Copenhagen sightseeing [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Copenhagen sightseeing V3. [10 Dec. 2011] pg.2

Postby Flapcake on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 am

well now when my Denmark have achieved beta :D (and ther will be some corrections on that road) I think its time to fire up on copenhagen, so whats the status here ? gameplay wise ?
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (3)

Postby Industrial Helix on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Would it be possible to swap out the current Christiania flag for a flag on a pole or something that will make it clear its a flag, cause every time I look at it I see zany traffic light and not flag.

I don't see much more time in the Drafting room for this one.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby The Bison King on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Would it be possible to swap out the current Christiania flag for a flag on a pole or something that will make it clear its a flag, cause every time I look at it I see zany traffic light and not flag.

Indeed.
Just be sure to take care of those things that were mentioned. Good Luck!

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby Flapcake on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:12 am

The Bison King wrote:Image
Industrial Helix wrote:Would it be possible to swap out the current Christiania flag for a flag on a pole or something that will make it clear its a flag, cause every time I look at it I see zany traffic light and not flag.

Indeed.
Just be sure to take care of those things that were mentioned. Good Luck!

thx Ih and TBK

I get your point about the flag on a pole, done on next update ;)

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Copenhagen sightseeing V4. [31 Dec. 2011] pg.2

Postby Flapcake on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:04 am

Christiania improved.

Gameplay, I dont even know if its posible in XML, but hold any 3 of 5 sights to win, can that work ?

Click image to enlarge.

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Flapcake wrote:Christiania improved.

Gameplay, I dont even know if its posible in XML, but hold any 3 of 5 sights to win, can that work ?

Any amount can be done.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Copenhagen sightseeing V4. [31 Dec. 2011] pg.4

Postby Flapcake on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:23 am

Hi guys, need some wise input/comments for game play ;)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 am

Some thoughts.

With the 3 icons (plane, train & bus) auto deploy +1, this is OK but remove the tram stops from the two that have them. It makes them strong and being able to attack all districts.
With the +3 of the 5 winning condition icons, a neutral needs to be larger (around a 5) to stop them being taken early in small games.
Try to move you WC icons from the tram stops. Some are right next to one while others are a couple of territs away.
You have no small bonuses. It might be wise to create a couple of small bonuses. Change City North into City North (Holmans, State & Botanical) and City East. This gives you central small bonuses for early fighting.
You have no impassables? I can see in the underlying image some parks and a lake. If you can bring these out (in keeping with the tourist map idea), you create some. This would then affect your bonuses.
What are the dotted lines? If they are bridges, make them the same as the others.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby Flapcake on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Some thoughts.

With the 3 icons (plane, train & bus) auto deploy +1, this is OK but remove the tram stops from the two that have them. It makes them strong and being able to attack all districts.
With the +3 of the 5 winning condition icons, a neutral needs to be larger (around a 5) to stop them being taken early in small games.
Try to move you WC icons from the tram stops. Some are right next to one while others are a couple of territs away.
You have no small bonuses. It might be wise to create a couple of small bonuses. Change City North into City North (Holmans, State & Botanical) and City East. This gives you central small bonuses for early fighting.
You have no impassables? I can see in the underlying image some parks and a lake. If you can bring these out (in keeping with the tourist map idea), you create some. This would then affect your bonuses.
What are the dotted lines? If they are bridges, make them the same as the others.

Il take a closer look at your suggestions, you got some good points, working on a update.

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Hm, in terms of gameplay, I suggest the following:

City North --> +8
    City South --> +6
    Amager --> +5

I think the win condition is a bit too easy. I suggest requiring 4 of the 5, and putting neutral 1s on the metro stations, 3s on the autodeploys, and 4 on the objective regions.
-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Flapcake on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:36 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Hm, in terms of gameplay, I suggest the following:

City North --> +8
    City South --> +6
    Amager --> +5

I think the win condition is a bit too easy. I suggest requiring 4 of the 5, and putting neutral 1s on the metro stations, 3s on the autodeploys, and 4 on the objective regions.
-Sully

Im working on a update, hope to post it later to day :)

Re: Copenhagen sightseeing V5. [15 Jan. 2012] pg.4

Postby Flapcake on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:32 am

Update, changes: gameplay, bonus city south and amager upgradet with 1. Impassebles in form as "cones"
Winning condiction are "hold 4 of 5 sigths to win, 1 neutra on metro stations, 3 neutral on ferry/plane/train, 4 neutral on sigth icons.

Click image to enlarge.

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:44 am

Someone has been into the London thread.;) Busy right now but will have a proper look later.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Flapcake on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 am

koontz1973 wrote:Someone has been into the London thread.;) Busy right now but will have a proper look later.

he he yes it might look like, but I've actually worked on it for a while ;)

Re: Copenhagen sightseeing V5. 18/1 gameplay pg.4

Postby Flapcake on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Any gameplay stamp in the horisiont for this ?

Click image to enlarge.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas