Busted Multi punishment Change

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Busted Multi punishment Change

Postby Master Bush on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Concise description:
  • more severe punishment for busted cheaters

Specifics/Details:
  • Any players who are busted with multi-accounts, and are striped of premium, they should have their score reset back to 1000 upon re-upping for premium.
  • Also any player who is busted as a multi, and is in current games with their multi, should be booted from those games, not just their multi-accounts.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • cheating and using multi-accounts were used to help someone's score, and but not resetting the score upon re-upping, it allows them to represent a false score.
  • Kicking a player who was playing in a game with a multi, prevents them from winning a game that they were helped in by playing a good part of it with the multi they joined with
Last edited by Master Bush on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant 1st Class Master Bush

Re: Busted Multi punishment Change

Postby Swifte on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Master Bush wrote:Any players who are busted with multi-accounts, and are striped of premium, they should have their score reset back to 1000 upon re-upping for premium.

If they're already under 1000, this would seem to benefit them. So perhaps the less of their current score or 1000.
Colonel Swifte

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm

considering this is basicly a closed system of points, you would willingly drain points from the system?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Master Bush on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:02 pm

SirSebstar wrote:considering this is basicly a closed system of points, you would willingly drain points from the system?

Then go back through any game that was won by a multi-account cheater, in which he played with one of his multi-accounts, deduct those points from his score, and return the lost points from the players that played in that game.

Think about it, why is it fair for someone to lose points to a cheat? Lets say that I ended up playing in 5 games with someone who used 5 different multi-accounts, one in each game. Now lets say we won all 5 games, with the help of his second account. Lets say I lost 18 points per game, so that means he cheated me out of 90 points, plus the other two players who were playing in those games.

How is it right that he gets to keep those points? If you get caught cheating on a poker site, that money is taken out of your account and paid back to the players who were cheated.
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:00 pm

SirSebstar wrote:considering this is basicly a closed system of points, you would willingly drain points from the system?

It's not really "closed" when every new account that signs up gets 1000 free points. There's no long term cost to draining the points of multis as long as we continue to get new signups.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Master Bush on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

It's not really "closed" when every new account that signs up gets 1000 free points. There's no long term cost to draining the points of multis as long as we continue to get new signups.

word.

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 pm

I would be in favor of this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:48 pm

I agree also
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm

regarding the closed system, people's accounts can't be closed completely?
regarding the proposition, I don't really know if multis are doing it because the punishment is too low; i tend to think it's mostly noobs who think they found out something "clever" to do and don't know the multihunts going on, either to play more games as freemium, either to cheat.
the site might not think the same; but i don't really care about people busted that just want to play more games; but players playing against themselves or teaming and making arrangements in standard games could be punished like that.
Major betiko

Postby Geger on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:26 am

I support both sugestions, but this time just want to give some comments to this part :

Master Bush wrote:How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • cheating and using multi-accounts were used to help someone's score, and but not resetting the score upon re-upping, it allows them to represent a false score.

It will also benefit the player, who is aware from his mistake and with this 2nd chance won't do it again.

Why?

If someday later he will have 2000+ points (for example), he can be proud, because this 2000+ points are obtained from his hard work. Without POINT-RESET the old sins will always haunt him. "Damn, I have 2000+ points, but 200 from them are not correct"

It sounds like a fairy tale, but as betiko said :

betiko wrote:mostly noobs think they found out something "clever" to do and don't know the multihunts going on, either to play more games as freemium, either to cheat.

:)
Major Geger

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Have to agree here,reset to 1000 and comeback after 30 day at minimum suspension for first offense.After that no comebacks.
Private jgordon1111

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 am

betiko wrote:
i tend to think it's mostly noobs who think they found out something "clever" to do and don't know the multihunts going on, either to play more games as freemium, either to cheat.
the site might not think the same; but i don't really care about people busted that just want to play more games; but players playing against themselves or teaming and making arrangements in standard games could be punished like that.

really? we had a sitting Conqueror abusing another account by putting it on the side he was playing against to guarantee himself an almost 100% win rate. 1 month ban and no point reset... that is just bullshit... the rules need to be fixed... people are punished more harshly for forum violations than they are for gaming violations that ACTUALLY AFFECT THE SITE AND LEADER BOARD...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Master Bush on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:44 pm

how does this forum work? when does a suggestion become address?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:45 pm

When you get quite a bit of support. Notice most of the Submitted or sticky'd suggestions have pages upon pages of discussion and support.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:20 am

I agree that a point reset should be in order for multis.

Also, this system like Mets said is far from being closed. Another example is if someone takes advantage of a point dumper.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Letting people keep the point that they cheated out of other is wrong. Cheating should not be rewarding and if your cheating to give yourself the kick of having more points, then the way to punish them is take the points.

Also would be nice to give them back to the people they were cheated from, happens in every other walk of life that stolen property is returned when you can trace the owner.
Private cookie0117

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 pm

cookie0117 wrote:Cheating should not be rewarding and if your cheating to give yourself the kick of having more points, then the way to punish them is take the points.

Can't say it better.
Last edited by chapcrap on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:05 pm

chapcrap wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:Cheating should not be rewarding and if your cheating to give yourself the kick of having more points, then the way to punish them is take the points.quote]
Can't say it better.

Well, you could have. But it would involve another "[" on your part at the end quote ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 pm

IcePack wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:Cheating should not be rewarding and if your cheating to give yourself the kick of having more points, then the way to punish them is take the points.quote]
Can't say it better.

Well, you could have. But it would involve another "[" on your part at the end quote ;)

and a / :roll: #-o
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Master Bush wrote:how does this forum work? when does a suggestion become address?

Between 2-3 years, Bush.
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Postby cookie0117 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I do not see why it would take a certain number of people to read and post on a topic to do the right thing. Multis ruin the site and game for people, so CC should be proactive in stopping and punishing the behaviour. Not drag their feet and wait untill the calls are at page 5 before considering it.

Taking the points off of a multi and returning them to people they were taken from is only bad for the multis, not wanting to do it is sending the message that CC rewards being a multi by allowing you to keep your ill gotten gains, also it maintains the punishment of honest players who do not get their stolen points back.
Private cookie0117

Postby nebsmith on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:25 pm

I like the idea, but how much work would it be to go through all the games the multi played and return the lost points.
Also would any of the other players stats need reseting too.
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby b00060 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 pm

No mercy for cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major b00060

Postby mc05025 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:54 pm

b00060 wrote:No mercy for cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeaaaa, I agree. I think 2 years in prison is the best solution
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby cookie0117 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 am

nebsmith wrote:I like the idea, but how much work would it be to go through all the games the multi played and return the lost points.
Also would any of the other players stats need reseting too.

I am by no means a computer wizard, I can work this site, just. As all the games are archived, it cant be that difficult to serach them, then reverse the results. Sure it would take the writing of a computer jiggery pokery program but these people are wizards, all this happens
Private cookie0117

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions