Conquer Club

Targets Getting Changed In The Middle Of Assassin Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Targets Getting Changed In The Middle Of Assassin Games

Postby Power Bomb on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 pm

I recently played an Assassin game where my opponent changed in midgame!

Here's what happened:

The format was:

Doodle Earth
Manual
Freestyle
Flat Rate
Sunny
Unlimited

So, we begin, & my target no-shows right off the bat & gets three troops in each spot he has on the map.

Great. First off, it's apparent after a turn or two I'm the no-show's target as nobody's hitting me & no problem as the other two players aren't really going after each other for some reason & are spreading their troops around (one is a cook).

Well, there IS one slight problem: my target's final three troops are in the Congo, surrounded by neutrals on both Egypt & Sarah's Desert, so I have to go through them too.

So, it takes me two turns, but I'm right there on Egypt as round 4 begins, ready to take out my foe, only to go into the game and find my target kicked out & I now have a different target!

Here, I've spent all game, my initial deployment, & all my troops & effort tracking down one opponent & have the tables flipped on me & I now have a brand new target with many troops on the map...

Naturally, he, the cook wins & instead of winning about 45 points, I lose 45.

Is this fair?

I'd say no & it needs to be fixed ~ and admin (& the winner) both agreed but told me nothing could be done about it now but post a suggestion here.

On top of it, if a player quits Terminator, his troops remain on the map still to be taken out, so this is inconsistent.

And, penalizes a player who has done nothing but show up & play the game properly while his target has held up the game for three days on top of it.

I hope you listen & set this straight.

Thanks for your time, Mike aka Power Bomb
Corporal 1st Class Power Bomb

Re: Targets Getting Changed In The Middle Of Assassin Games

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:31 am

well, what do you suggest to fix it?

just letting the kicked out player stay n the game would make him a far too easy target. and while this works for terminator (in terminator you can choose to get fast points by killing a neutral/kicked out player, but risk making yourself so weak you'll be eliminated too, or try to win the game and prevent others from 'stealing' the points. (the winner of the game gets the points if noone killed the kicked out player) but in assasin it would simply give an unfair advantage to whoever has the kicked player as the target. however i agree changing targets in the middle of the game makes it much harder (not impossable though) to win.

but anyway, what do you suggest to fix it?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Re: Targets Getting Changed In The Middle Of Assassin Games

Postby Geger on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:31 am

zimmah wrote:well, what do you suggest to fix it?

just letting the kicked out player stay n the game would make him a far too easy target. and while this works for terminator (in terminator you can choose to get fast points by killing a neutral/kicked out player, but risk making yourself so weak you'll be eliminated too, or try to win the game and prevent others from 'stealing' the points. (the winner of the game gets the points if noone killed the kicked out player) but in assasin it would simply give an unfair advantage to whoever has the kicked player as the target. however i agree changing targets in the middle of the game makes it much harder (not impossable though) to win.

but anyway, what do you suggest to fix it?

Just want to add : ...it would give also the target of kicked player advantage, because ...
Major Geger

Return to Archived Suggestions