Conquer Club

The International Clan League (ICL)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby MNDuke on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm looking to start a Clan League that is modeled more closely to the organization and operation of a professional sports league.

How is this different from what already exists? This would tie in a lot closer to how professional sports are run. It wouldn't be yet another version of a round robin "tournament" and would actually be a "season" (which I feel the rest of the leagues are missing) and focuses less on advancing round to round. The structure and organization of the league is different from anything out there. It would be a solid 4 months of intense cc action. It would be less of the typical clan war weekly match-up and more of an organized schedule of games (sets). You would have a game (set of games) tonight and 1 tomorrow and another 2 days later, just like in baseball, basketball, or hockey. Less of a dog show and more of sport. With the set size being so small, you have the ability to be flexible and put some guys in one set and then others in another. Similar to how you would use lines in hockey. I'm hoping this will be intense and active and competitive. I would like it to be fast paced and exciting and different from the other crap.

I will continue to edit and update the League Rules and Information found here, as changes are being made. If you are interested in playing in this and would like to commit to playing now, feel free to post in the thread or let me know. I will the update the list below as it fills.

NOTE: HOPEFULLY STARTING SOMETIME AROUND JUNE.

The International Clan League
Consists of 36 teams (clans) broke down into 2 Conferences of 18 teams; Premier and Elite.
The Premier and Elite conferences would then be further broken down into 3 divisions of 6 teams; Heroes, Champions, Kings, Legends, Pioneers, and Titans.

Premier Conference: Divisions - Heroes, Champions, Pioneers
Elite Conference: Divisions - Legends, Kings, Titans

The conferences and divisions will be divided up based upon current rankings and a general consensus from participants, after which they become permanent, meaning teams/clans will be in the same Divisions year in and year out - eventually building rivalries.

If a clan chooses to drop out or has been expelled, they have to sit out at least 1 season before being eligible to come back.

Teams and Players
Teams will consist of a minimum of 10 players on an active Clan roster. Roster must be submitted before deadline.

Captains:
Each team will have 2 captains. The Team Captain will be responsible for being main contact, turning in rosters, games, settings etc. Failure to turn in roster, games and settings by deadline will result in loss of Team Captain status and could have consequences that end up penalizing your team.

In addition to having a Team Captain, each team must also have a Co-Captain (2nd Captain/Contact). The Co-Captainā€™s duties are to provide games and settings in case the Team Captain fails to do so. Co-Captain can act as Team Captain in the case of absences or failure of Team Captain to fulfill responsibilities.

Players:
Open to both premium and freemium players. A player can only be assigned a game if they have an available spot.

All games must be accepted within 24 hours of the invite. Failure to accept the invite results in forfeiture of the game, no exceptions. If the problem persists could result in suspension and even expulsion from the league.

Players are allowed to play in one game per set.

Players found dead-beating or abusing CC policy can be suspended and/or expelled from the league. Once expelled, a player must sit out at least a minimum of 1 season. If a player does deadbeat, it will result in an automatic loss of the game for their team. If a player has timed out 3 times, it is considered dead-beating and results in an automatic loss of the game for their team.

Sets
1 Set will consist of 3 games - 1 doubles, 1 trip, and 1 quad. Home team will decide maps and settings.

Maps and Settings
Freestyle, Speed, Manual, Nukes and Round Limits will not be used. (With the exception of maps with ā€œxxā€ number of territories or more. Then there will be a 50 round limit in place.) Unlimited reinforcements are allowed on conquest maps only.

Beta Maps will not be used. Once released, Beta Maps can be used in the following weekā€™s sets.

A single map can be used once per set.

There will be no enforced fog rule. It will be up the discretion of the teams to come up with a gentlemenā€™s agreement. A game can be remade if both teams agree; however, if no agreement is made within 24 hours of the infraction, the game will be played out and counted.

Deadlines
Games/settings must be submitted a month prior to their start. The first monthsā€™s games must be submitted at least 1 month before the season starts. Games/settings will then be submitted on a monthly basis for each following month. Teams can submit games as far in advance as they would like.

A 24-Hour Deadline Notice will be sent to all Captains of all teams informing them of the upcoming deadline. If games/settings are not submitted by the deadline, Co-Captains will be given 7 days to submit games/settings for that month. On the 3rd time a team fails to meet the deadline, the Team Captain will be replaced by the Co-Captain.

Failure to turn in roster, games and settings by deadline will result in forfeiture of games and if it becomes constant, could result in expulsion of team from the league.

Season
Season will be 72 sets long.
There will be 30 divisional set, playing 6 sets (3 home and 3 Away) against each divisional opponent.
There will be 24 conference sets, playing 2 sets (1 home and 1 way) against non-divisional opponents in the same conference.
There will also be 18 non-conference or interleague sets, or 1 set against every team outside your conference, assuring that every team play one another at least once throughout the season. Interleague teams will alternate every season between home and away.

The season will last 4 months long and there will be 18 sets played per month.

A season schedule will be made available and released before the opening of the season. This will give Teams ample time to prepare for upcoming games and opponents.

Standings and Rankings
Will be determined based upon overall season record of sets win-loss record. In case of ties it can be further broken down into divisional season record and conference season record. In case of a dead heat, a play-off set using Random maps and standard settings will determine the winner.

Post Season
Playoffs will consist of the top team from each division and 3 wild card spots for each conference. Teams will be seeded and matched based upon Regular Season record and tie-breakers.

Top seeds will have home field advantage and first round byes (1 and 2 seeds).

Each set will consist of 5 games (2 dubs, 2 trips, 1 quad).

Playoffs:
Round 1 - best of 3 sets (1 home, 1 away, 1 home)
Round 2 - best of 3 sets (1 home, 1 away, 1 home)
Semi-finals - best of 5 sets (2 home, 2 away, 1 home)
The ICL Finals - best of 7 sets (2 home, 3 away, 2 home)

Maps and player settings - differing from the season rules, these will be used during playoffs only:
Maps can only be used once per set and can account for no more than 20% of a teamā€™s total map selections.

Players can play up to 2 games per set. Must use a minimum of 10 players per set.

All-Star Break
All-Star break will be held at the end of season and before the post-season and will last roughly one week. All- Star teams will be chosen by the Captain of the team with the best record in each conference. They will chose an All-Star from every clan in their conference, including one from their own clan/team giving each team 19 all-stars (one from every clan plus captain of the clan with best record).

The match will consist of Random maps and standard settings -2 dubs, 2 trips, 2 quads and a 1v1 between the captains. Each player will get to participate in exactly one game.

The winning Conference of the All-Star match wins home field advantage in the ICL Finals for their conference.

Additional games and tournaments could be held to coincide with the All-Star break. The idea for this is to give everyone a chance to have a little fun and relax while giving the season a chance to wrap up before the post season starts.

Awards and Medals
Season: Full-time players are players with a minimum of 30 games and will be eligible for medals or GA's etc.
Post-Season: Playerā€™s eligible for medals must have played in a minimum of 10% of games.

Possible medals:
Regular season division winners, Wild Card winners, Playoff Conference winners, ICL Finals winnerā€™s medals or Luck's Trophy, Regular season MVPs, Playoff MVPs, ICL Finals MVP, All-Star medals.

show: Clans Considering playing in ICL

show: Sample Schedule
Last edited by MNDuke on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 77 times in total.
Sergeant MNDuke

Re: Improvements

Postby jj3044 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:17 pm

I understand where you are going with this... but it would have to be instead of the Clan league, as I know most clans wouldn't be able to do this type of prolonged event along with CL4 and/or the Conqueror's Cup. That's a lot of games.
Colonel jj3044

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:23 pm

I think it would a great event. I would love it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MNDuke on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm

The season length and game length could be reduced as needed. It was just a random number based off baseball schedules. I could have just as well said 16. Regardless, I would much rather participate in something like this than CL4 or CC Cup
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby niMic on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm

You're basically describing the Clan League with a lot of added hassle and organizing.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby MNDuke on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:03 am

But way less of a round robin type of thing. I want it to be more about the season and more closely modeled to professional sports. Less of a tournament.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:55 am

While I understand what you are getting at the amount of work needed to make it work just is too much for CC.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Bruceswar wrote:While I understand what you are getting at the amount of work needed to make it work just is too much for CC.

I don't think that can really be said.

If someone wants to put in the work, then it could easily be done.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Finsfleet on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:55 pm

If you wanna do it, by all means, do it. However, keep in mind that unlike USA, most of the world sports are organized in league/cup formats, so I`m sure this would never work. Not to mention that we already have a system that works.
Major Finsfleet

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Finsfleet wrote:If you wanna do it, by all means, do it. However, keep in mind that unlike USA, most of the world sports are organized in league/cup formats, so I`m sure this would never work. Not to mention that we already have a system that works.

How do you think that USA leagues are run? There is a league and the a playoff afterwards. If you called the playoff a cup, then it would be the same.

And he isn't talking about replacing anything. He's talking about an additional league.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MNDuke on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:36 am

It is a lot to undertake for one person. It would take several of individuals to keep it going, hence my posting to gauge interest. I'm willing to put in my part but would need some volunteers to help organize and operate the league. But it is completely possible.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby QuikSilver on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Great idea.

What if... Clan first register to the season. Every clan got the same games numbers played, and play the same number against each other, like 5 home and 5 away. (can be changed lol)

For the play-off the 4 (or 8 if you prefer) best Clans going to semi-finals (quarter-final) OR whatever, we'll see in time! and play Clan war best of 41. At that phase, each winning clan earn a Clan medal (in play-off). And the clan that finish first in the season earn also a clan medal. The second position earn a General Achievement.

This would be very nice. No round-robin, no pool,... Everyone plays against everyone. this will make a pretty good standing.

After that maybe the 6 better goes to play-off, the 2 better clans may have a by-pass to semi-finals... This will work, not too much of games, easy to play.

Minimum of 10 players should be used during the season, to be eligible to a medal at this end you need to play XX games in total... blablabla...

The idea is great and I can help if needed to put this out. Nice concept
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Postby MNDuke on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 am

This is what I have so far for my idea. Feel free to rip it apart and destroy as I know you all will.

Consists of 36 teams (clans) broken down into 2 Conferences of 18 teams; Premier and Elite. The Premier and Elite conferences would then be further broken down into 3 divisions of 6 teams; Orange, Pear, Banana, Grapefruit, Kiwi and Cherry.

ICL
Premier Conference: Orange, Pear, Banana Divisions
Elite Conference: Grapefruit, Kiwi, Cherry Divisions

The conferences and divisions would be split up based upon current rankings and a general consensus from participants.

Teams
Teams will consist of minimum of 10 players on an active roster and a maximum of 25. Roster must be submitted before game day. Each team will have one captain. Captain will be responsible for turning in games and settings as well as other duties. Failure to turn in games and settings by deadline will result in forfeit.

Sets
1 Set will consist of 6 games - 2 doubles, 1 trips, and 1 quads. In case of a tie there will be a tie breaker 1 vs 1 game, winner take all. Home team will decide maps and settings. Maps like Hive will be excluded from the season due to the amount of time it takes to complete, as will certain settings like freestyle. Sets are going to overlap.

Season
Season will be 84 sets long. There will be 8 sets (4 home and 4 Away) against each Divisional opponent. There will be 24 conference sets, playing 2 sets (1 home and 1 way) against non-divisional opponents in the same conference. There will also be 18 non-conference or interleague sets, or 1 set against every team outside your conference, assuring that every team plays one another at least once throughout the season. Interleague teams will alternate every season between home and away. The season will last 4 months long and there will be 21 sets played per month.

Standings and Rankings
Will be determined based upon overall season record of sets win-loss record. In case of ties it can be further broken down into divisional season record and conference season record. In case of a dead heat, a play-off set will determine the winner.

Post Season
Playoffs will consist of the top 2 teams from each division and 4 wild card spots. Teams will be seeded and matched up based upon record. Top seeds will have home field advantage. Round 1 will be best of 3 sets (1 home, 1 away, 1 home), Round 2 will best of 5 sets (2 home, 2 away, 1 home), round 3 best of 7 sets (2 home, 3 away, 2 home) and the Final will also be a best of 7 sets.

All-Star Match
All-Star break will be held at the end of season and before the post-season and will last one week. All-Stars will be voted upon by league players and those in the CC community. 1 vote per person. All- Star teams will consist of the 2 conferences playing against each other with voted members of a 25 man team. Each team will vote for a captain. The match will consist of Random maps and standard settings -2 dubs, 2 trips and 2 quads and 1v1 between the captains. Winner of the All-Star match wins home field advantage in the finals for their conference.

Awards and Medals
Divisional medals will be awarded to the winners of each division. Conference medals will be awarded to winner of each conference. Championship Medal (Luckā€™s Cup) will be awarded to the winner of the Finals. Minimum of 10 players should be used during the season, to be eligible to a medal at this end you need to play XX games in total.

Individual awards such as MVPā€™s, best dice or what have you can be determined later.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 pm

MNDuke wrote:This is what I have so far for my idea. Feel free to rip it apart and destroy as I know you all will.

Consists of 36 teams (clans) broken down into 2 Conferences of 18 teams; Premier and Elite. The Premier and Elite conferences would then be further broken down into 3 divisions of 6 teams; Orange, Pear, Banana, Grapefruit, Kiwi and Cherry.

Can those Division names please change? They don't really fit with the Conference names. And I would propose a smaller League. Perhaps 30 instead of 36. Just in case not enough clans want in.

MNDuke wrote:ICL
Premier Conference: Orange, Pear, Banana Divisions
Elite Conference: Grapefruit, Kiwi, Cherry Divisions

The conferences and divisions would be split up based upon current rankings and a general consensus from participants.

Teams
Teams will consist of minimum of 10 players on an active roster and a maximum of 25. Roster must be submitted before game day. Each team will have one captain. Captain will be responsible for turning in games and settings as well as other duties. Failure to turn in games and settings by deadline will result in forfeit.

Sets
1 Set will consist of 6 games - 2 doubles, 1 trips, and 1 quads. In case of a tie there will be a tie breaker 1 vs 1 game, winner take all. Home team will decide maps and settings. Maps like Hive will be excluded from the season due to the amount of time it takes to complete, as will certain settings like freestyle. Sets are going to overlap.

You say 6 games and list 4....

MNDuke wrote:Season
Season will be 84 sets long. There will be 8 sets (4 home and 4 Away) against each Divisional opponent. There will be 24 conference sets, playing 2 sets (1 home and 1 way) against non-divisional opponents in the same conference. There will also be 18 non-conference or interleague sets, or 1 set against every team outside your conference, assuring that every team plays one another at least once throughout the season. Interleague teams will alternate every season between home and away. The season will last 4 months long and there will be 21 sets played per month.

Standings and Rankings
Will be determined based upon overall season record of sets win-loss record. In case of ties it can be further broken down into divisional season record and conference season record. In case of a dead heat, a play-off set will determine the winner.

Post Season
Playoffs will consist of the top 2 teams from each division and 4 wild card spots. Teams will be seeded and matched up based upon record. Top seeds will have home field advantage. Round 1 will be best of 3 sets (1 home, 1 away, 1 home), Round 2 will best of 5 sets (2 home, 2 away, 1 home), round 3 best of 7 sets (2 home, 3 away, 2 home) and the Final will also be a best of 7 sets.

That seems like a lot of playoff teams. But, if you are going to go that way, I don't think it should be the top 2 in each division. Winner only. Just add more Wild Card spots if need be.

MNDuke wrote:All-Star Match
All-Star break will be held at the end of season and before the post-season and will last one week. All-Stars will be voted upon by league players and those in the CC community. 1 vote per person. All- Star teams will consist of the 2 conferences playing against each other with voted members of a 25 man team. Each team will vote for a captain. The match will consist of Random maps and standard settings -2 dubs, 2 trips and 2 quads and 1v1 between the captains. Winner of the All-Star match wins home field advantage in the finals for their conference.

Awards and Medals
Divisional medals will be awarded to the winners of each division. Conference medals will be awarded to winner of each conference. Championship Medal (Luckā€™s Cup) will be awarded to the winner of the Finals. Minimum of 10 players should be used during the season, to be eligible to a medal at this end you need to play XX games in total.

Individual awards such as MVPā€™s, best dice or what have you can be determined later.

I think it's a good start.
Last edited by chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MNDuke on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh you are right. I made some changes and forgot to update/edit other parts. It was originally going to be 6 but I lowered it to 4 games. The division names can change, none of this set in stone, this is just the foundation or the vision I had. What do you suggest the divisions be named. I am open to feedback and improvements.Thanks.

UPDATED on FIRST PAGE
Last edited by MNDuke on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Ok, for Division names, I would try to get something that goes with Premier and Elite. One Division could be Legends Division. I am blank for the others right now.

I would still lower the clans I think. This is kind of big and maybe not everyone will be participating. You should probably get some help to run it to. Because, a season now is 336 games per clan (that's 6048 games total) and that would be play in 4 months. That's a lot of work.

I would have clans be in the same Division every year. If they want to drop out, they have to sit out 2 seasons before being able to come back. I would have a drawing for clans to be able to choose what division they go into. Playing the same teams over and over again will be a nice rivalry. I like the schedule. I'm not crazy about the All-Star game. It seems big and messy.

For the awards, I would define it a little better. Regular season Division winners get medals. Playoff Conference Champions and Overall Champions?

There should also be a minimum and maximum requirement on games played for people.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MNDuke on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll work on some revisions and push back when I have something more.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:32 am

A good idea would be to PM clan leaders and get a core group of them to semi commit before putting in all the work, and coming up with a general time table thats (mostly) agreeable to that group. Moving ahead without building up a core group of decent ranked clans, and half heartedly planning the timing of the event can really hurt your sign ups.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby pearljamrox2 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 am

MNDuke wrote:
All-Star Match

I like the idea, but you have to admit the voting process for the All-star team would be crazy and controversial.
I would suggest perhaps the Captain of the team with the best record in each conference gets to choose an All-Star from every clan in their conference, including one from his own clan(along with himself).

That would give you 19 all-stars(one from every clan plus captain of the clan with best record)
2 dubs (4 players), 2 trips(6 players), 2 quads(8 players)= 18 players and then the captains play a 1 vs 1. It's perfect..all 19 players per team get 1 game.
Major pearljamrox2

Postby MNDuke on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:32 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:
MNDuke wrote:
All-Star Match

I like the idea, but you have to admit the voting process for the All-star team would be crazy and controversial.
I would suggest perhaps the Captain of the team with the best record in each conference gets to choose an All-Star from every clan in their conference, including one from his own clan(along with himself).

That would give you 19 all-stars(one from every clan plus captain of the clan with best record)
2 dubs (4 players), 2 trips(6 players), 2 quads(8 players)= 18 players and then the captains play a 1 vs 1. It's perfect..all 19 players per team get 1 game.

Noted and I like it. That is a great solution. Thank you very much. The only issue that may arise is if there aren't enough clans participating in the League.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby MNDuke on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:46 am

IcePack wrote:A good idea would be to PM clan leaders and get a core group of them to semi commit before putting in all the work, and coming up with a general time table thats (mostly) agreeable to that group. Moving ahead without building up a core group of decent ranked clans, and half heartedly planning the timing of the event can really hurt your sign ups.

IcePack

I've shuffled the idea around to quite a few people from quite a few different groups and received a fair amount of interest and from there I worked up a fairly broad plan, asked around a bit more and continued to refine it and then posted it here. Since then, most of the feedback has been productive if not positive, which leads me to believe this idea is worth investing my time in. I agree with what you say and feel the same that for this to succeed it cannot be done half heartedly, but no one is going to take it seriously unless they see something solid, well documented and planned out. From there the date is arbitrary. I'm hoping to have a fairly finalized outline of the league rules by the end of February. That would leave sign up and implementation and if you wanted to fast track it, you could probably have Conferences and Divisions determined as well as a schedule created by mid April with the first games being sent out May 1st.
Sergeant MNDuke

Re: Improvements - The International Clan League (ICL)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:55 am

Names for Divisions:
    Legends
    Heroes
    Conquerors
    Emperors
    Warlords
    Kings
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby danryan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 am

chapcrap wrote:Names for Divisions:
    Legends
    Heroes
    Conquerors Drunks
    Emperors
    Warlords
    Kings

Fify.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:38 am

Looking forward to this :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby skillfusniper33 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:06 pm

I really like the idea, but man 21 sets per month is going to get crazy fast, especially for the captains who have to send in/create all the games.

I am not to sure if you will be able to get 36 clans to that kind of commitment, especially in the first season, so you may end up with about 4 teams per division.

But keep running with it, this could turn out to be an extremely fun thing to be in.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Next

Return to Clan Archives