Conquer Club

cof's forum ban.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: cof's forum ban.

Postby demonfork on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Commander9 wrote:
I would be more than willing that he did not flame or bait anymore than quite a few other people I've seen in the forums.

I would be more than willing that you did not phrase that sentence correctly.
Major demonfork

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Lindax wrote:
Night Strike wrote:GLG complains about anyone who questions his form of play. The one comment that CoF was noted for making was completely clean and should have never even been noted, muchless used as a basis for a ban. But since GLG is favored by some of the mods, he goes whining and crying to them in order to get them to do his bidding (in this case banning those who disagree with him). If CoF made other bannable posts in that thread, they should have been recorded or at least linked to, because the only citation I can see is completely clean.

Can't help but wonder if admin has lost control. They certainly seem to have lost any grip and/or respect and seem to be out of touch with what's happening on this site. If I owned this site I would be very seriously worried.

As far as I'm concerned, that happened long ago (the "lost grip", not the "seriously worried").
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Master Bush on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:47 pm

demonfork wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
I would be more than willing that he did not flame or bait anymore than quite a few other people I've seen in the forums.

1. off-topic
2. bait
3. flame

Thanks for the post.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 pm

s3xt0y wrote:No, there is an abundance of overbearing uncensored people on this forum. You my friend have a way with words, plain and simple. Trolling, baiting and flaming through superior intellect. Calling someone (and this is an example not directed at anyone including you) "A fucking moron" is insulting someone. I think we can both agree on that, but phrasing it, so that the insult is lost on the slower minded forum goers is still insulting someone. For example: "He is useless on top of the ground; he aught to be under it, inspiring the cabbages." Same insult, worded a little more cleverly.

Ha..."cleverly worded" statements like that will get you forum-banned.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby demonfork on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Master Bush wrote:
demonfork wrote:
Commander9 wrote:

1. off-topic
2. bait
3. flame

Thanks for the post.

1. off-topic
2. bait
3. flame

Thanks for the post.
Major demonfork

Postby Commander9 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:01 pm

demonfork wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
I would be more than willing to say that he did not flame or bait anymore than quite a few other people I've seen in the forums.

Happy now? ;) Geez, a guy who has English as his 3rd language missed two words while typing - shoot him.

Wait to focus on the small things and ignore any substance that was posted. Good job =D>
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby MegasWoman on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:59 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Foxglove

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: King Herpes
Sergeant MegasWoman

Postby Uncle Death on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Master Bush wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:I didn't see CoF's posts on the subject, but I'm happy to see that Master Bush received a forum ban for this as well.

Just because you disagree with a player's tactics it does not give you right to flame/bait/troll them... and there was much more of this happening than actual discussion on the tactics.

You're slowly becoming my favorite poster.

This post makes a ton of sense, because the nice "discussions" that have happened here about this topic, have lead no where. Nothing will change around here, until someone comes along and makes a big stink about it. I have no problem being that martyr. Certain tactics used by players on this site are flat out wrong, and until someone screams from the mountain tops, the c&a reports will be swept away, the general discussion threads will be swept away and the suggestion threads will be swept away.

Dude, your heart may be in the right place but your tactics, the way you have gone about bringing this issue to the forefront, hurts the cause. The squeaky wheel will just get crushed by those in power. We have to be more like Ghandi or MLK and present logic and reasoning in the face of anger and hatred. It's just silly to think that out screaming the opponent will get your point across. You have to write what might challenge the mindset of those we are challenging and try to influence those of good conscience in power to rethink their positions. If that fails we have a choice to try and overthrow, which will not happen. Reach out and get others to join us and boycott. That's a tall order here since many do not care and many never visit the forums to know what is going on. That means we have to try and publicize this in chat, in every game we are in. New players need to know so we have to use the same tactics as our adversaries and play with those players and reach out in chat. Only that strategy might have an effect. Do any of us, or any of our clans have the will to attempt it? It will mean sacrifice. Are you or any of us willing to do it? Link the threads in chat and make your struggle known beyond this insular group that reads and posts in the forums. Only this will set us free. Send some private messages out too, that might help. The Revolution begins here, or dies here. :)
Captain Uncle Death

Postby Master Bush on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Uncle Death wrote:
Master Bush wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:I didn't see CoF's posts on the subject, but I'm happy to see that Master Bush received a forum ban for this as well.

Just because you disagree with a player's tactics it does not give you right to flame/bait/troll them... and there was much more of this happening than actual discussion on the tactics.

This post makes a ton of sense, because the nice "discussions" that have happened here about this topic, have lead no where. Nothing will change around here, until someone comes along and makes a big stink about it. I have no problem being that martyr. Certain tactics used by players on this site are flat out wrong, and until someone screams from the mountain tops, the c&a reports will be swept away, the general discussion threads will be swept away and the suggestion threads will be swept away.

Dude, your heart may be in the right place but your tactics, the way you have gone about bringing this issue to the forefront, hurts the cause. The squeaky wheel will just get crushed by those in power. We have to be more like Ghandi or MLK and present logic and reasoning in the face of anger and hatred. It's just silly to think that out screaming the opponent will get your point across. You have to write what might challenge the mindset of those we are challenging and try to influence those of good conscience in power to rethink their positions. If that fails we have a choice to try and overthrow, which will not happen. Reach out and get others to join us and boycott. That's a tall order here since many do not care and many never visit the forums to know what is going on. That means we have to try and publicize this in chat, in every game we are in. New players need to know so we have to use the same tactics as our adversaries and play with those players and reach out in chat. Only that strategy might have an effect. Do any of us, or any of our clans have the will to attempt it? It will mean sacrifice. Are you or any of us willing to do it? Link the threads in chat and make your struggle known beyond this insular group that reads and posts in the forums. Only this will set us free. Send some private messages out too, that might help. The Revolution begins here, or dies here. :)

For every MLK in this world, there is a Malcolm X who has been just as influential ,doing things others didn't find "honorable"

"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby Uncle Death on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Master Bush wrote:
Uncle Death wrote:
Master Bush wrote:

For every MLK in this world, there is a Malcolm X who has been just as influential ,doing things others didn't find "honorable"

Who got a holiday?
Captain Uncle Death

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 pm

Master Bush wrote:

Yeah but they dont have a holiday for malcom X, therefore MLK in better.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Master Bush on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Holidays are lame. Which one has the best movie made about him

-X
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby Uncle Death on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 am

Master Bush wrote:Holidays are lame. Which one has the best movie made about him

-X

Why are so frivolous about an issue you have made so much about? This proves my point that you hurt the cause if you ever believed in it. Shame on you. You are nothing but an agent provocetuer helping the cause you proclaim to be against. Here you are spouting off and COF who had a good argument is left silenced.
Captain Uncle Death

Postby Master Bush on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

Uncle Death wrote:
Master Bush wrote:Holidays are lame. Which one has the best movie made about him

-X

Why are so frivolous about an issue you have made so much about? This proves my point that you hurt the cause if you ever believed in it. Shame on you. You are nothing but an agent provocetuer helping the cause you proclaim to be against. Here you are spouting off and COF who had a good argument is left silenced.

lol i'm pretty sure he's on a 24 hour ban. He'll be back.
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 am

yes, let's please forget that the man was killed for coming around on his beliefs and siding with MLK and non-violence... *rolling my eyes*... and this COF ban is a joke... they silence those that put their feet too close to the fire, it is getting beyond ridiculous.-el Jesus negro

Master Bush wrote:For every MLK in this world, there is a Malcolm X who has been just as influential ,doing things others didn't find "honorable"

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Denise on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:08 am

You are right, Owen! I guess it had to happen sometime. ;)

Since when does the conqueror get to whine himself into being protected from criticism? Gen Lee has received no worse than any other conqueror. In fact it was pretty mild compared to what Blitz got. They all get there in less than honorable ways. Gen Lee should realize that's part of the game plan, and accept that most players will not agree with his unscrupulous ways. He should take the criticism without getting players banned for giving their opinions, like every other conqueror has.

I personally agree with everything CoF said and am shocked that he received a forum ban, simply for stating his opinion. I guess the mods are saying that they not only tolerate Gen Lee's methods, but support and encourage it. I guess they want to see many other players following in his footsteps. I don't care what the past C&A reports have decided, in my mind the way Gen. Lee plays in gross abuse of the game. If it's not against the rules (and I guess it's not), it should be.

And what about Gen Lee's own attempts to troll and bait. As laughable as it was, the intent was clear...bringing up past C&A reports, the KORT/TOFU thing, etc. I do have to smile to myself though, thinking that Gen. Lee actually thought that was going to garner him public support.

For the record, I don't agree with most of what the chronic complainers say about the mods. I sympathize with them. I know they have a difficult job, and spend countless hours of their free time doing the best they can. This time, however, their decision stinks of favoritism. Oh well, at least live chat will be kept harmonious, which is the important thing. :sick:
Colonel Denise

Postby danryan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 am

owenshooter wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Night Strike wrote:GLG complains about anyone who questions his form of play. The one comment that CoF was noted for making was completely clean and should have never even been noted, muchless used as a basis for a ban. But since GLG is favored by some of the mods, he goes whining and crying to them in order to get them to do his bidding (in this case banning those who disagree with him). If CoF made other bannable posts in that thread, they should have been recorded or at least linked to, because the only citation I can see is completely clean.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
it doesn't happen often, but i love when i agree with NS...-el Jesus negro

Quoted for truth. What a strange group of people in agreement but I have to concur.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby cachejob on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm

reading through the thread that brought about the ban, there's been enough editing by mods and others that it's hard to tell what originally transpired. there's enough of GLG's posts still up though that should qualify him for a warning/forum ban for trolling and baiting.

i suspect there are others like myself who find GLG's means of climbing the scoreboard to be cowardly, but don't usually care enough about it to bother posting. as far as i'm concerned, he and a few others can have their hollow victories. they certainly don't have my respect.

as far as CoF's ban, i don't know enough about the original posts to comment on it. however, CoF tends to be articulate and well spoken and is able to get his point across without resorting to bannable offenses.
General cachejob

Postby trapyoung on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 pm

cachejob wrote:as far as CoF's ban, i don't know enough about the original posts to comment on it. however, CoF tends to be articulate and well spoken and is able to get his point across without resorting to bananable offenses.

In before Andy
Colonel trapyoung

Postby eddie2 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 pm

trapyoung wrote:
cachejob wrote:as far as CoF's ban, i don't know enough about the original posts to comment on it. however, CoF tends to be articulate and well spoken and is able to get his point across without resorting to bananable offenses.

In before Andy

+1 lol
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby nippersean on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Well this is just plain bollocks. Yeah COF's green shirt sucks balls. But can someone direct me to the offensive comments. Total bullshit. Ridiculous.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 pm

nippersean wrote:Well this is just plain bollocks. Yeah COF's green shirt sucks balls. But can someone direct me to the offensive comments. Total bullshit. Ridiculous.

me thinks he was too vocal in the entire Hunter Cheating Scandal which was never resolved and which has forever tarnished Hunters and the entire C&A process... pay back, period. he said nothing over the pale, he did nothing wrong. he called attention to a loophole that is being used to cheat to the top of the scoreboard and was silenced. funny, CC always goes on about "unwritten rules" to silence those of us that call them out in the forums, etc... however, when it comes to punishing someone for something that is so obviously and blatantly wrong, they turn to, "it isn't in the rules, so we can't do anything about it." this is garbage. i feel bad for the good eggs in the mod squad, because they are being pulled down by sewer suck that is going on around here at the moment...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:00 pm

LoL what dumbness,not like it wasnt going to get read,anyone want your job you know of.
Private jgordon1111

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:35 pm

I hail from an era of sliderules, typewriters and tracing paper, so have never really been at home with internet parlance and forum etiquette and don't profess to understand what flaming, baiting and trolling really mean. CC is the only online game I play and the only forum in which I contribute. That said, ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law, so if I offended I apologise.

I will say this though. Now in my fifth year of enjoying this site I've only ever come on here to enjoy a fair fight. In my mind this can be both a war on any map or a war of words, with the other party given every opportunity to defend himself and/or fight back. It's a sad day when perpetrators of cheap, underhand tactics - instead of defending their actions - can cry "Foul" and bring about punishment on those who only seek to create a better environment for all (and especially those too naive to know better).

The CC community is akin to a family. Sure, not everyone has to get along - it's human nature to be different. But when one of its members is a thief, or a liar, or a bully, then I'd expect the family to pull together and set it to rights, for it tarnishes the house and the name. It takes people who care to be bold enough (and, evidently, risk punishment) to point out the failings in the system and/or the bad apple in the bunch. Supporters and defenders of cheap tacticians don't seem to appreciate that by allowing these selfish individuals to continue then we will ultimately all pay the price due to possible implementation of site-wide restrictions or rules that will affect us all.

Thank you to those of you who see my only crime as being the green shirt! Had the picture been taken from the opposite angle you'd have seen the golf course in the background.

Anyway....I digress. An unjust ruling on the part of the mods of whom I've been very supportive over the years. And I don't think, contrary to what Owen said, that I was particularly vocal (if at all) in the Hunter Cheating Scandal (Huntergate) as they looked like open and shut cases. But then, alluding to my opening remark, my memory's perhaps not what it used to be.

I do remember what Burke once penned though:

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Master Bush on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Amen CoF!!!

And great post. Welcome back. It was an honor to spend our 24 hour ban around the same time.
Sergeant Master Bush

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion