[Abandoned] - World 3.0

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: World 3.0 [13.Dec.11] - V1 - p1

Postby zimmah on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 pm

zoom bubbles™ :D
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
Lieutenant zimmah

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Postby The Bison King on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:37 am

the map is accurate as of today.

Err.... Check it bro, South Sudan:

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 am

The Bison King wrote:
the map is accurate as of today.

Err.... Check it bro, South Sudan:

yeah i know. it was already pointed out :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:52 am

I like most of your work, but I have to say I probably won't play this one for two main reasons:

1) Playable insets are turn off for me. I guess its just the disassociation of borders, but I generally avoid maps like that.
2) More importantly, it seems like the gameplay here will be 100% luck. No strategy involved. If there are no bonuses, success is tied 100% to how well you roll. Whoever gets hot dice to start the game gets the advantage and likely wins (unless spoils turn the tide, but again - luck).

That said, its certainly an ambitious project and I wish you luck on it.

If you are going to go with the no bonus gameplay, you might consider dropping the multi-color look. Might be an interesting map if it was a more realistic color/texture (sort of like BisonKid's thumbnail above).

$.02
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:48 pm

I agree with lostatlimbo's analysis - this map is far too bland in gameplay. I say keep similar to World 2.1. If you're going to use the name, you should stick to the gameplay, too.

And your current draft doesn't do Africa and others justice - I mean, Greenland's just as big! Try something like the [url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Hobo–Dyer_projection_SW.jpg]Hobo-Dyer[/url] or a modification of it.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:56 pm

i'm currently swamped with planning 3 christmas parties plus my daughter's birthday party aside from the usual work and stuff. i'll deal with this (and the other maps) as soon as possible.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)

Postby Industrial Helix on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:25 pm

DiM wrote:i'm currently swamped with planning 3 christmas parties plus my daughter's birthday party aside from the usual work and stuff. i'll deal with this (and the other maps) as soon as possible.

Ok... lets put it on a vacation for now, pm me when your ready to work on it or just post the update.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Re: World 3.0 [13.Dec.11]-Vacation until May 2012

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Shouldn't this go to melting pot since it doesn't have draft stamp yet?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:54 pm

wtf? some maps stay in the main foundry for 2 months without an update and they're not binned and this one gets binned cause i didn't update it in a week?
i did not ask for this to be vacationed i just said it's gonna be a few days before i post an update.
Major DiM

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:52 pm

[MOVED]

Sorry for the accidental move DiM, consider this back to where it belongs.
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:23 am

Christ all mighty guys, do not scare me like this. Already lost one map I am looking forward to recently (Mega USA-yes isaiah, I am waiting for you) and you all go trying to wind up the beast that is DiM.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: World 3.0 [13.Dec.11]

Postby danfrank on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:01 pm

i like theplus 1 auto deploy .... great scheme ;)
Sergeant danfrank

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 am

please bin this for now.
i've got 6 other maps going on and frankly i don't have the required inspiration for this right now. i will get back to it at a later date.
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:37 am

DiM wrote:please bin this for now.
i've got 6 other maps going on and frankly i don't have the required inspiration for this right now. i will get back to it at a later date.

NO
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:38 am

DiM wrote:please bin this for now.

[Moved]

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box